Thread: Goalie Trade

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Goalie Trade

Guy in my league is looking for a G. He's offered MStreit and a prospect for one.

Im not really interested in Streit(as u can see by the way Im building my team below) but i was thinking since Monster is more ready should I perhaps offer him for Bernier and something more off his farm?

Dont worry, Im still trying to compete as Im trying to get a soso vet for between the pipes.

His his farm:
    1. Bernier, Jonathan (G, LA) (4gm)
    2. Boychuk, Zach (C, CAR) (4gm)
    3. Colborne, Joe (C, BOS) (0gm)
    4. Cuma, Tyler (D, MIN) (0 gm)
    5. Dubnyk, Devan (G, EDM) (0gm)
    6. Franson, Cody (D, NAS) (11gm)
    7. Gragnani, M-A (D, BUF) (6gm)
    8. Hanson, Christian (W, TOR) (5gm)
    10. Matthias, Shawn (C, FLA) (25gm)
    11. Mayorov, Maksim (w, CBJ) (3gm)
    12. Moore, John (D, CBJ) (0gm)

16Team Dynasty League
    h2h 6X4(with SOG)

My Team:

C MDuchene,JCarter, TBozak, KTurris, GBrule
    LW VStalberg, JVR, MLucic, EKane
    RW PKane, BLittle, KOkposo, DSetoguchi
    D ZBogosian, VHedman, DDoughty, EKarlsson, CBarker, TEnstrom, BSanguinetti, BValibik,
    G JGustavsson, ASalak, DTokarski, RHelenius

The Farm: MBacklund, KBeach, OEkman-Larsson, REllis, NFilatov, SGlennie, JHudler, CKreider, JMarkstrom, ARadulov, BSchenn, JSchroeder
    2010 Prospect Draft - 1st x 4
    Last edited by sparrowtrini; December 3, 2009 at 12:02 PM.

The King of Diatribes

If you could give up Gustavsson in return for Bernier, I would do that in a heartbeat. Wow, that sounds so bad to say right now. No pun intended there.

I am not sure what is going to happen with Gustavsson ... I am not a heart doctor. But it might impact the value he has right now, so I am not sure what the other manager might think about a Gustavsson-for-Bernier trade.

I notice you have both Norfolk Admirals goalies, Tokarski and Helenius. Are you a firm believer in both of them? I would try to give up Helenius as he is probably closer to securing an NHL job than Tokarski. But Tokarski is a more quality prospect with better long-term value.

Since you already have Salak and Markstrom on your team, giving up Helenius should be a pretty easy thing to do.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks for the info. Yeah Im in no rush(as u can see by my team) so Im going to wait on Hellinius and Tokarski for a bit(How do u think Janus fits into all of it?). There just so much young G depth out there. Its really hard to be 100% sure of whats gonna happen.

I actually asked for more then Bernier hoping he'll come back with the 1 for 1 deal.

Great site. I have to admit at first when I looked at your Goalie rankings I disagreed with alot of it. But I spent more time today at lunch and really examined it. Conclusion? They are very good.

Thanks for all your hard work. I see alot of Junior & American league games, and alot of your comments are right on.

The King of Diatribes

Thanks Sparrow.

I think a big part of understanding my Rankings is knowing my style of goalie analysis. If you have never read any of my School of Block articles before on here over the last two years, it will seem very awkward or "off" compared to most other scouting websites that rank prospects. They seem to have a "system" based on stats.

Mine is based mainly on non-statistical factors. That may seem like an "easy way out" on the surface, but there's a method to my madness.

And I'm glad you took the time to look at the list a little more in depth =) Things will change often on that Top-100, but I think for the most part it's a very solid representation of prospects primed to be long-term keepers. Goalies always pop up out of nowhere, but that's why I update it on a monthly basis, so it's as fresh as possible =)

The King of Diatribes

As for Janus, I think the main thing is that he still has a full year in Erie to continue developing his understanding of being the full-blown #1 guy. Like with a lot of other legit prospects, skill only takes you so far. A major part of developing into a long-term keeper is learning how to win without wasting so much energy and focus that there's nothing left in the tank to play again in a day or two. That's where Janus stands right now, but this season should go a long way in developing his efficiency. He doesn't lose any value from being sent back to Erie, and it could end up boosting him in the rankings in the long run!

He could stand to bulk up a little bit, but I'm concerned with that for the reason that adding muscle mass to a small frame can take away from reaction speed.

Dobber Sports Icon

well the guy is playing hardball with me on Bernier. He doesnt want Monster(Yeah the heart thing)so I offered him a revitalizes GBrule & a 1st rdr. He rejected that too.

So Im wondering if I should turn my attention to MNeuwirth. Its very difficult to get a vet G so I figure(especially with my team) I'll try to load up with the best young ones.

Thou I actually like him more then Varley Im concerned about Neuwirth's value in a fantasy league. Do u think he has a shot at the #1 job? And how long b4 he makes a considerable contribution?

Im hoping I can get Neuwirth for Brule.
    Last edited by sparrowtrini; December 5, 2009 at 11:06 PM.