Thread: [My] Nabokov [plus] for M. Green

Dobber Sports Expert

Default [My] Nabokov [plus] for M. Green

Pool details in sig...partial keeper, points pool emphasizing D goals.

I should be walking away with our pool this year, but have had the most amazing run of injuries [Markov, Gonchar, Jovo, Kronwall, Letang, Kovalchuk, AO, etc.]. I could still probably win, but it may cost me Markov and possibly Kronwall in order to do it [something I'm not keen on].

I'm in process of working out a trade where I punt the pool for this season in a deal that sends pretty much my entire non-keeper roster [and Nabokov] for M. Green [and a few draft picks and a prospect or two]. Nabokov has been a 90+ point stud in G over the last few years, but he's also not young and it's a contract year. Green is young and even when injured for part of the year looks like an 80+ or 90+ D man in our scoring system [he eclipsed 100 last season in less than 70 GP].

Am I nuts? Both D and G are the toughest positions to land stud point-getters and, while I expect Nabokov and Green to post similar #s I think it'll only be 2-3 years until Nabokov slows down.

I believe Green might actually be the single, most valuable player in my entire league which is why I'm targeting him.

Agree with this or disagree?

What other options do you see?
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would do this - if you keep Nabbie then you are unlikely to keep Rask and I think he is ultimately keepable even in a keep 10 league. I think it is easier to find goaltending that will approach Nabbie's numbers than it ever will be to find a D guy who will produce like Green will for you.

Dobber Sports Expert

You and I think alike on this one. Thanks for the advice.

Side Note...Do you need counselling after last Sunday's Rider game? I know a few people around here who have been downright cranky since then. The entire province groaned in agony.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask