Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ramblings Apr. 03

I...am your father.

Default Ramblings Apr. 03

See Ramblings for an update on some RSL players...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Ramblings Apr. 03

Dobber wrote:
    See Ramblings for an update on some RSL players...
    Wasn\'t there some sort of speculation that Morozov had signed with his RSL team for a two or three year extension?

I remember reading something like that a littl while ago but can\'t remember all the details...
    12 Team H2H - Keep 8+2 NHL Rookies

G(1), A(1), GWG(1), SHG(1), HT(2), W(2), SO(3)

Weekly Line-ups - Start 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

F: Crosby, Stepan, Gaudreau, Puljujarvi, Radulov, Wheeler, Buchnevich, Burakovsky, Domi, Fiala, Hertl, A. Nylander, Reinhart, B. Ritchie
    D: Carlson, Giordano, Leddy, Ellis, Maatta, Orlov
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov

09/10 and 10/11 Champion
    08/09 and 11/12 Runner-up

I...am your father.

Not that I\'ve seen. Far as I know, he is interested in returning to the NHL

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

He did, but check this out:

updated morozov article

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I was a little too late I guess, I went in to check out this article on Morozov. Here\'s what it had to say:

The news article you requested either expired or is not available.
    You may be able to find what you want through our news archive.

Can you tell me Dobber what it had to say in a nutshell..??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I...am your father.

Just that he is seeing what Malkin is doing and considering the fact that he was as good as Malkin was a year ago, he would like to come back. It would cost a team (speculated) $3 million+ per year.

The RSL is a defensive league, and Morozov had 89 points this year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Right, but he wants 3 millions dollars a year ...

Can he get it ???

That\'s the point !

Default Ryan Lavernaway

I'm crowdsourcing here... What do you think he's capable of in 2012? How about beyond that? It appears he's as big league-ready as he'll ever be, but the presence of Jarrod Saltalamacchia at catcher and David Ortiz at designated hitter blocks him from a significant role at any one position -- at least in the short term.

Thoughts?

I can't believe I spelled Lavernway's name wrong and Saltalamacchia's name right.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

ever the optimist, bill james projects lavarnway; 16 44 52 .271 in about half a season's work. assuming ryan spells salty a lot, and ortiz once in a while, those numbers look fine. i think he'll hit for more power, but a lower average, if he is able to get more at bats than the 300-375 projected.

in the long run, he may settle into a job-share with salty, if salty can stay healthy. that is doubtful. if lavarnway improves his defense behind the plate to the point that he's serviceable, i see him taking the job outright. i think he will. and i think he will prove to be good enough a hitter that he'll be given ample opportunity to prove that he absolutely can't catch in the majors. this is a similar situation the one beginning in seattle with montero. great bat, sloppy defense. the bat will win out.

Jersey Girl

I will refrain from trying to spell both players names lol.

I will refer to him as Lavvy haha.

Lavvy will have a significant role with the Sox. I think its a fair assumption to assume Salty will either muffle around and not put up solid numbers and or injury will derail him again, thus opening the door for Lavvy. I wont speculate numbers, but I will say if I'm drafting in the latter rounds and I have to choose between Salty and Lavvy in a keeper, I'm going with Lavvy. I just like his upside and I do not like Salty's history.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I definitely thought about drafting him, but decided to go with Jonathan Lucroy. Just to be sure about my catching going forward, I stashed Wilin Rosario in the minors.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Lavarnway will have a util bat role this season, salty should be a decent bat behind the plate for this season, then lavarnway all the way in 2013.

goldfish47

Lavernway can hit the crap out of AAA pitching, and fared well in a short trial at Fenway last year. He's not really a catcher, so he'll really have to hit his way into the lineup. The odds are very much stacked against him ever being a starting catcher. His ceiling is probably Ryan Doumit with more power... which is pretty good. If he can't play defense well enough to at least be a backup catcher, he could have a hard time spending more time ion the Majors than Minors in his career.

goldfish47

... and I spelled his name wrong too. If he does become fantasy relevant, I'll learn how to spell it!