Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: patrice bergeron...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default patrice bergeron...

looks to be seriously hurt- was hit head first into the boards from behind by randy jones- was layin motionless - was imobilized and takin off on the stretcher- looked really scary and he looks to be seriously hurt- i hope its not as bad as it looked
    12 team yahoo h2h (standard scorin) dynasty

c- j toews/j carter/n backstrom/j tavaras
    lw- a ovechkin/d sedin/t vanek
    rw- j pominville/j voracek/a hemsky/p kessel
    d-s weber/ a goligoski
    g- r miller/s mason/s varlamov/m nuevirth

Dobber Sports Demi-God

yeah this on USA Today site -

Patrice Bergeron was hit head first into the end boards and was taken off the ice on a stretcher. It is a very scary time for Bergeron. You could hear a pin drop in Boston as the crowd was completely silent. The Flyers Randy Jones was the player who hit Bergeron from behind. It looks like a very serious injury for Bergeron.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

He was unconscious and motionless when they took him off the ice - damn I hope he is okay.

Dobber Sports Novice

im not one to point fingers specially since i didnt see the hit...
    but first downie then boulerice now this? the flyers need to reel in a little bit methinks.
    One year roto. 10 Managers. G, A, +/-, PPG, SHG, W, SO.

C - Malkin, Kesler, Pavelski
    LW - Kovalchuk, Bourque, Neal
    RW - Hossa, Iginla, Hemsky
    D - Green, Boyle, Weber, Campbell
    G - Luongo, Lundqvist, Brodeur

Dobber Sports Prodigy

was watchin the game...u could see that he was knocked out- intially though u could see he moved his right leg as he was flat on his back...so hopefully he has range of motion- but it was one of the scarier lookin things i have seen in awhile

d-s weber/ a goligoski

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Other teams might reel it in for them - Gagne and Briere might want to be watching their backs.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Was watching the game, pretty scary situation! Really hope he is ok and like one of the NESN hosts said, say a prayer for Patrice!!

Did not seem like an intention to hurt him, but still a dangerous hit....especially finishing hard to the back of the head.

Seeing dangerous hits way too often!!!
    Pat LaFontaine #16

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i dont think randy jones can be considered a dirty player- i think thats the first major of his career- and im sure he wasnt tryin to hurt him...but the hit was clearly from behind and bergeron was defensless- but ur right... somethin happens one, two now three times maybe somethins there

d-s weber/ a goligoski

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

news is trickling in..

sprained neck and a concussion, but has full mobility.

Dirty hit from a non-dirty player. However, this is different than the Erik Cole hit (Orpik had no chance to let up as Cole turned). Jones had a good few seconds to decide whether to drill him or not.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Padawan

Not a chance this was an intent to injure. I watched the hit and it was a clean hit by randy jones. The reason why he got injured was Bergeron lost his edge and was falling same time Jones was throwing the hit. It was not a dirty hit nor was it intentional. Hockey has been turned into such a sissy sport anymore where every hit is a penalty and any grab is inteference. This should not even have been a penalty let alone a major and misconduct. If he gets suspended for this then the commish should be punched in the face.
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think \"midget punching\" is against the law in most jurisdictions.

Flyers - we are talking about people\'s careers here and their continued opportunity to make a living in the sport they are good at. If Jones could have pulled back then he should have - it\'s called professional respect.

Dobber Sports Ace

i agree with shoeless here. whether it was a dirty hit or not is irrelevent. in today\'s nhl, and they were talking about this on the cbc hotstove, there is a lack of respect for fellow players. the reason the nhl has turned into a \'sissy\' sport is because they have to police these hits more often than ever. these type of hits were few and far between back in the day because there was a measure of respect between the players.

nowadays guys are throwing checks around without consideration and without thinking of the opponents well-being. i appreciate that hockey is a fast game and some of these hits are accidents and are split-second decisions, but i don\'t think it\'s any coincidence that we\'re seeing more and more of these hits. i\'ve only seen the jones hit once, but i don\'t think there was an intent to injure, but he\'s still hitting a guy from behind. it just shouldn\'t happen.

last i heard bergeron was ok. had a concussion and broken nose but all of his limbs were moving and in working order. let\'s wish him a speedy recovery.
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

Dobber Sports Ninja

enfuego wrote:
    i agree with shoeless here. whether it was a dirty hit or not is irrelevent. in today\'s nhl, and they were talking about this on the cbc hotstove, there is a lack of respect for fellow players. the reason the nhl has turned into a \'sissy\' sport is because they have to police these hits more often than ever. these type of hits were few and far between back in the day because there was a measure of respect between the players.
    No in the old days they flat out hospitalised each other by swinging sticks and cracking skulls. And assualting each other outright. The league is not any worse or better then it used to be, except for maybe a short time in the 80s when it was 2 hand touch hockey. Many of the worst incidents in hockey happened well before this decade.

Dobber Sports Ace

i\'m sorry doulos, but i don\'t remember a time, except for the past 5 years or so where hits from behind, which is what i was talking about, not stick-swinging and skull-cracking, were more prevalent and an on-going problem.

i could be completely wrong, but it seems that these hits are more commonplace nowadays than back then or are, at the very least, garnering more attention.
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

Dobber Sports Ninja

enfuego wrote:
    i\'m sorry doulos, but i don\'t remember a time, except for the past 5 years or so where hits from behind, which is what i was talking about, not stick-swinging and skull-cracking, were more prevalent and an on-going problem.

i could be completely wrong, but it seems that these hits are more commonplace nowadays than back then or are, at the very least, garnering more attention.
    So are you implying that it is more respectful to instead split someone\'s head open with a stick? The issue isn\'t respect, the issue is simply the size of players and equipment.