Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Filatov

Dobber Sports Star

He's up to 5G 4A in 5 GP... averaging over 17 mins/game....
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

obviously Filatov is Jackets property, but is there any way from where he is now that he can terminate his contract and effectively be signed by another NHL team? or is a trade the only way he gets away from Hitch/CBJ...

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
    obviously Filatov is Jackets property, but is there any way from where he is now that he can terminate his contract and effectively be signed by another NHL team? or is a trade the only way he gets away from Hitch/CBJ...
    he is jackets property until 2016, or thereabouts. no way to get around it. Howson needs to trade the kid while he still has value and is still talking about coming back.

i refuse to believe he couldn't swing some sort of deal with a team like toronto or the islanders that would be excited to get a top talent and would have the veteran depth to part with while they continue their rebuild.

Administrator

Ugh... more on Filatov. Can the boy crush end already guys?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Crosby View Post
    He actually has the GWG all three games he has played. Three straight has to be some kinda record.

20 year old Igor Makarov was the highest scorer 20 and under last year with 17 points in 42 games. Cherepanov had 13 in 15. Malkin had 47 in 46 as a 19 year old in the RSL, but they also only counted 1 assist each goal so factor that in as well.

FTO: I would argue the SEL is the second best league.
    Only counting the first assist is the biggest thing. Anytime you look at the KHL you have to realize that a point pergame or so there (for a young guy like filatov) pretty much translates to superstar here.

Just consult ovechkins or malkins stats there for proof of this...

The point totals he's putting up so far are damn impressive. Howsen (sp?) handled filatov and Hitchcock terribly. As the GM, it's his job to make sure that all players and coaches are happy and getting along. Especially the young superstars that a franchise can be built upon.

I blame the GM way more than i blame the coach in this instance... Just my two cents.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    he is jackets property until 2016, or thereabouts. no way to get around it. Howson needs to trade the kid while he still has value and is still talking about coming back.

i refuse to believe he couldn't swing some sort of deal with a team like toronto or the islanders that would be excited to get a top talent and would have the veteran depth to part with while they continue their rebuild.
    That's sort of correct I suppose, but from a practical standpoint, youre sort of wrong.

Filatov would be a RFA after his first 3 years... At which point, he could choose to leave and nothing could stop him... So from that perspective, he's not necesarily "owned" by the jackets for as long as you suggest here..
    Roster Limit(s):
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lanky522 View Post
    That's sort of correct I suppose, but from a practical standpoint, youre sort of wrong.

Filatov would be a RFA after his first 3 years... At which point, he could choose to leave and nothing could stop him... So from that perspective, he's not necesarily "owned" by the jackets for as long as you suggest here..
    yes, you're right about him being RFA. but doesn't that still count as him being jackets property? they would have the right to qualify and then match any other team's offer... right? i believe the 2016 date is when he would be truly unrestricted.

eyemissglamour... totally agree with you about Burke. he may not be getting the most he can with some of those moves, but i'm sure word gets around amongst the players about how he sticks to his word and tries to help his guys maximize their careers. he did the same thing with Bryzgalov (waiving him after being unable to make a trade)... but then, i guess that move is a lot easier to make when you have Hiller waiting.

Dobber Sports Icon

yes, you're right about him being RFA. but doesn't that still count as him being jackets property? they would have the right to qualify and then match any other team's offer... right? i believe the 2016 date is when he would be truly unrestricted.
    I mean it depends on what you determine to be "property" as an RFA, it's true that other NHL teams would have to worry about columbus matching an offer sheet... but if he was disgruntled, he could very easily just NOT sign any NHL offer... go play in russia or europe (which as a "free agent" - restricted or otherwise you're allowed to do)... and then come back later as an UFA if he wanted.

Basically, the ball is in his court after 3 years. He might not have sole possession of it, but it's in his court. So that's why you're sort of right... but you're sort of wrong... because if he doesn't want to be in columbus, he doesn't have to be once that 3 years is up... and time's ticking.

so Howson needs to figure out how disgruntled he is and trade him if need be sooner rather than later... because once that three years is up (after 2011-12) filatov can go to russia all he wants and there's not a darn thing he can do about it (or compensation he can receive).

Edit: Just curious, but does anyone know if Filatov leaves via RFA to russia for a year or two and then comes back if he's still an RFA for columbus at that point? Or is he a UFA because he left and never re-signed with CLB?

Edit2: Hey UW, i just looked back at your original post, and i think you might be right if you were talking strictly NHL (which i seem to think now that you were). Strictly NHL speaking, i think he can leave and go to russia as a RFA, but if he were to come back before his legal UFA age (which you i think mention above), i'd imagine that all the RFA rules (offer sheets etc.) would apply.

So from an NHL standpoint i guess he is their property for that period of time... but from a hockey (or fantasy) standpoint, once he's an RFA... he could end up pretty much anywhere else outside the NHL...
    Last edited by lanky522; December 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM.
    Roster Limit(s):

Dobber Sports Guru

Edit: Just curious, but does anyone know if Filatov leaves via RFA to russia for a year or two and then comes back if he's still an RFA for columbus at that point? Or is he a UFA because he left and never re-signed with CLB?
    i was thinking about this myself, and was wondering how his situation is different than Radulov's.

the party line from Nashville has always been that if Radulov were to return, he would have to play out the final year of his ELC... whereas I have heard no mention of this with Filatov. I'm assuming that is because Radulov bolted while Filatov was loaned. i guess that Filatov is burning this year off his ELC. if he doesn't return next year, and the team suspends him.... is he then in the same situation as Radulov? ie: still under contract and not an RFA even though he would have been if he'd stayed in NA?

Dobber Sports Icon

i was thinking about this myself, and was wondering how his situation is different than Radulov's.

the party line from Nashville has always been that if Radulov were to return, he would have to play out the final year of his ELC... whereas I have heard no mention of this with Filatov. I'm assuming that is because Radulov bolted while Filatov was loaned. i guess that Filatov is burning this year off his ELC. if he doesn't return next year, and the team suspends him.... is he then in the same situation as Radulov? ie: still under contract and not an RFA even though he would have been if he'd stayed in NA?
    that's my understanding of how it would work...

but i question what happens if someone bolts as an RFA... because to my knowledge, it hasn't happened yet. Did hudler do it? His situation was such a mess i don't know that we could use that as an example of the norm though...

it'd be interesting to see if a player who legitimately leaves as an RFA would still be that NHL team's properly if they came back before their UFA year.
    Roster Limit(s):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

that's my understanding of how it would work...
    but i question what happens if someone bolts as an RFA... because to my knowledge, it hasn't happened yet. Did hudler do it? His situation was such a mess i don't know that we could use that as an example of the norm though...
    From Hudler's situation he was an RFA and from what I understand at that point he can choose to go to another league without compensation. The issue there was whether or not he actually signed for arbitration which the NHL argued would mean he would be awarded an NHL contract and thus be Red Wings property, but it turns out he never signed the arbitration papers.

From here: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/...iihf_contract/

Edit: Assuming this goes both ways, RFA are not under contract to an NHL team and can choose to play anywhere else they like. The RFA rules are for the NHL alone.

"++ Any player who is not under contract to an IIHF team may be signed by an NHL team at any time. "

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...ash=d93edbeb2f
    Last edited by teddy369; December 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM.
    16 Team Salary Keeper (62M Maximum)
    Weekly Roster Changes

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHP,FOW,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

C - Malkin, Little BN - Josefson
    LW - Ovechkin, Sharp
    RW - Versteeg, Pacioretty BN - Stewart
    D - Byfuglien, Keith, Kronwall, Orlov
    Util - Hall
    G - Bryzgalov, Bobrovski
    Farm - Bernier, Neuvirth, Tarasenko, Ryan Murphy, McBain, P Larsen

Dobber Sports Guru

yes, i think you're right there teddy. RFA rules apply within the league, but if a guy isn't actually inked to a contract then he's free to sign in a different league.

i don't know, but i would expect that his RFA status with a particular NHL team still extends to the same time as it would if he played in the NHL the whole time. what is that rule, exactly? 7 years after the ELC kicks in? a certain age? i can't remember.

so regardless of whether Filatov plays in the NHL or KHL, his RFA rights still belong to the Jackets until 2016. however if he gets suspended like Radulov, whenever he returns he'd still have to play out the remainder of his current contract.

if he returns next year, plays 2 seasons with the Jackets to finish his ELC, and then goes back to the KHL as an RFA, he could stay there until he becomes a UFA over here (2016-sometime) and then would be free to sign with whatever NHL team he wanted without the Jackets receiving compensation.

i dunno, makes sense to me.

Dobber Sports Expert

Filatov wants to play in the NHL soon, so he'll come back. Lets please not say he won't come back becaue he will! Remember, he's on loan.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by TML View Post
    Filatov wants to play in the NHL soon, so he'll come back. Lets please not say he won't come back becaue he will! Remember, he's on loan.
    You should have quotes around "loan.". Because I pretty much promise that Columbus didn't really have a choice in the matter and that he was gonna go either way... The "loan" was just for media and Columbus fans to feel better about the whole thing...
    Roster Limit(s):

Dobber Sports Expert

There´s actually a huge difference between Radulov´s and Filatov´s situation. Radulov left before the agreement between the NHL and the Internation Hockey Fedoration (IHF) was signed. If Columbus wants Filatov back next year and he refuses it, he will be suspended by the IHF and he won´t be able to play anywhere. Same would have happend to Radulov if the agreement had been active when he left to play in the KHL.