Thread: Insurance ... Biron?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Insurance ... Biron?

So Biron was just dropped in my league and our goalie depth on the WW is BRUTAL!

Yes I have Brodeur, but I drafted Smith thinking he'd have a 'decent' year to not pull Marty's numbers down too much. So far, not so much the case.

So do I grab Biron and stash hoping he gets dealt when DP returns and then is a solid #2/3 with Smith to help me out a little?

The only other options for a #3 in our league is Rask, Elliot, Legace, Greiss, Auld ... so you see where I'm going with this.

If yes, and the answer isn't to drop Smith in the process (he did have 1 good game in a row after all this week, ha-ha) ... who do I let go? Stralman is only in until I activate Gonchar btw.

Thanks!
    12 team H2H Fantasy Points:
    P=4 PIM=0.1 PPP=1 SHP=3 GWG=1.5 SOG=0.25 HIT=0.1 BLK=0.2
    GS=1 W=5 L=-3 GA=-1 SV=.2 & SO=10

F: M Tkachuk, Kucherov, Pettersson, Fiala, Reinhart, Konecny, Terry, Ehlers
    D: Werenski, Andersson, Weegar
    G: Shesterkin, Hill, Gustavsson
    IR: Kane, Svechnikov

Keep 4 bolded (based on last season keepers)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd drop Vermette. Since you only play 2 centers and you have 3 good options, he's expendable. And yea, i'd get Biron, who is a solid goalie, and hope that he's dealt soon to a better team. Also, keep an eye on Rask in case of (God forbid for my sake) a Tim Thomas injury.

Dobber Sports Initiate

My only reservation about Vermette is:

a) he's outplaying Spezza
    b) my league counts faceoff wins and he's my team leader, by a little over Sedin and a lot over Spezza
    c) my 4th leading scorer over the last month
    12 team H2H Fantasy Points:
    P=4 PIM=0.1 PPP=1 SHP=3 GWG=1.5 SOG=0.25 HIT=0.1 BLK=0.2
    GS=1 W=5 L=-3 GA=-1 SV=.2 & SO=10

F: M Tkachuk, Kucherov, Pettersson, Fiala, Reinhart, Konecny, Terry, Ehlers
    D: Werenski, Andersson, Weegar
    G: Shesterkin, Hill, Gustavsson
    IR: Kane, Svechnikov

Keep 4 bolded (based on last season keepers)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

In H2H you can easily drop Wideman to take on Biron and I certainly wouldn't drop Smith. At this point in the season I think the goalie insurance is worth more than the production Wideman is putting up.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

my honest opinion is, in a 1-year league why bother with NYI goaltending? biron is 2-5-2 with average supporting stats (2.83 - 0.913 - 1). ride brodeur and give smith the occasional spot start (niittymaki will faulter sooner rather than later). why not drop brunette rather than stralman when you activate gonchar?

12-Team H2H Dynasty League
    Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G
    Stats: G, A, P, PPP, SHP, PIM, +/-, SOG, GWG, FW, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Berglund, Anisimov, Ennis
    LW: Kovalchuk, Kariya, Neal, Benn, Lucic, E. Kane
    RW: Briere, Boyes, Hejduk, Giroux, Bergfors
    D: Markov, Pronger, Kaberle, Whitney, Karlsson, Carlson
    G: Lundqvist, S. Mason, Ellis

Farm (up to 40 NHL GP)
    Boychuk, Eller, Schroeder, Morin, Tedenby, Josefson, Burmistrov, Skinner

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by revengespoon View Post
    my honest opinion is, in a 1-year league why bother with NYI goaltending? biron is 2-5-2 with average supporting stats (2.83 - 0.913 - 1). ride brodeur and give smith the occasional spot start (niittymaki will faulter sooner rather than later). why not drop brunette rather than stralman when you activate gonchar?
    I think an extra forward will always produce more than an extra D guy in a H2H set-up, revengespoon. Likely as not you will get the forward in as many games as you will the D guy.

Relative to Biron - I think his stats on the year are misleading - in his last 5 games his save % has been much higher than .913 and his GAA much lower than 2.83 - he is 2-2-1 in that 5 games with a shutout. Granted he is only get spot starts at the moment though but he does produce now when he gets the call. I think the thing with him is the possibility of being traded once Dipietro returns - it's iffy but it's there.