Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How did Price look tonight?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default How did Price look tonight?

Got the win...i missed the game. how did he look?

thanks

vozzy

Administrator

He was solid. It was a slow game with very little action for the most part though. The first goal was Mara's fault for hitting Price in the throat with his stick knocking him down right before the shot was put on goal, and the 2nd one if I remember was a screen.

Typical play from Price when he's on the ball. Very sound positioning and everything looks easy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

thanks eric...good to hear. it seems like every game a strange goal goes in on the kid... thanks for the play-by-play!

vozzy

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by vozzy81 View Post
    thanks eric...good to hear. it seems like every game a strange goal goes in on the kid... thanks for the play-by-play!

vozzy
    The problem is the Habs team in general. They're so terrible. Constantly making mistakes. If it wasn't for the 4 on 4 OT and shootout they would be in trouble.

A young goalie will only really develop if he either has a solid D (Mason last year) or good goal scoring support (Fleury in PIT, Price in his rookie season). Right now he's in a situation where if he allows 2 goals it's likely that the team loses.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The 2nd goal was off a skate I believe. I feel bad for Price owners, he's been having such terrible luck this season.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by RedWingsftw View Post
    The 2nd goal was off a skate I believe. I feel bad for Price owners, he's been having such terrible luck this season.
    I am absolutely thrilled about the win in the desert as a Price owner. I had given him up for toast this season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I am absolutely thrilled about the win in the desert as a Price owner. I had given him up for toast this season.
    Grade this game on a curve. It's still PHOENIX that they beat. Let's see him do it consistently versus teams that are worth while.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    Grade this game on a curve. It's still PHOENIX that they beat. Let's see him do it consistently versus teams that are worth while.
    Sure as an Habs fan, I'll take any win, but you're totally right my friend. I agree with Eric, our team doesn't have a good D or a good CONSTANT offense, so you can't just expect mirable from your goalies.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    Yup I hear you - if the Yotes win their next game they will only just barely nudge out the Rangers for a better winning percentage over 19 games - that's pretty lowly. Not much of a measure for Price.

Dobber Sports Pro

Dont worry Shoeless. NYR somehow manages to post something negative on every Price related thread. I wouldnt take it seriously.

but anyways; hopefully Price can post back to back good starts and get back on track.

and also: Isnt it great fellow Price owners to watch Mason crash and burn. Fantasy Poolies have such a short memory they forget how good Prices numbers were in his first 50 games. Very comparable to Masons. Now it looks like there sophomore numbers will be comparable too! I love it.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Novice

As opposed to the power houses that Halak won his games against - NYI twice, Leafs, Thrashers and Rangers. The Rangers game Montreal pulled it out of the fire after they were down 3-1 in the first period.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I originally had Halak, but dropped him for Price. I'll take any win Price can give me.
    C C. Giroux (RW) 1st   J. Pavelski (LW) 2nd   N. Backstrom 5th   M. Scheifele 10th
    LW B. Ryan (RW) 9th   A. Galchenyuk (C) 14th   N. Ehlers (RW) N/A
    RW J. Carter (C) 8th   C. Smith (C) 12th   J. Pominville 15th
    D D. Keith 3rd   J. Carlson 4th   D. Hamilton 13th   N. Leddy 11th
    G B. Holtby 7th   R. Miller 6th   A. Niemi 16th

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Yup I hear you - if the Yotes win their next game they will only just barely nudge out the Rangers for a better winning percentage over 19 games - that's pretty lowly. Not much of a measure for Price.
    haha Shoeless you beat me to the punch, i was gonna make the same snarky comment. I think people are making far too much of the woes that Price and Mason have suffered this year. Young goalies go thru this pattern all the time, they start off stellar because they are playing their asses off to make the team then in their 2nd or 3rd years comes all the inevitable pressure from the media and team expectations and they falter a bit. Now add to that the fact that Montreal is playing without Markov and CBJ is playing without Hejda and Commodore and its not surprising they are having troubles. Hockey is the quintessential team game so why are these young goalies getting thrown under the bus when their teams are playing poor defense in front of them?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

You fcking idiots are ridiculous. Let's see how many more wins the Rangers have over that bs team at the end of the year. Why you people are acting like Phoenix is any kind of a barometer right now, especially because Bryzgalov has played so far over his head up to this point, is beyond me?

donions: Blow me. Now take that seriously.

Jerkoff.

Dobber Sports Pro

Keep acting like the guy in your photo. We're all really impressed.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer