Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brian Elliott - Get Ready

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieGuild View Post
    I'm surprised Leclaire hasn't been injured yet.

I've said a lot about him, but didn't have the best forecast for him this season either.

Elliott is a much more solid goalie in my opinion, but obviously not as quick with the reflexes.

If Leclaire didn't have such a goofy stance, he'd make a lot more saves. He makes himself a lot smaller by scrunching up and squatting down. It's annoying.

And he plays such a desperate style I'm just amazed he hasn't pulled a groin or gotten knocked out yet.
    Justin, I hear this year he switched to fire ******ant hair gel to reduce the risk of him playing like his hair is on fire.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Banned

any idea how long we will wait to see Elliot have a true shot at starting?

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Wouldn't waste my time on Elliott. The Sens are kinda like the Habs in a sense. They both invested highly into a goalie (Habs used a #5 pick on Price, Sens gave Vermette for Leclaire) so they keep going back to their prized guy until they get it right. So unless Leclaire gets injured (which very well could happen at some point), I think he'll get 60+ starts regardless of his level of play. So ignore Elliott for now but keep and eye on Leclaire's health.
    This is a very good post and bang on.

I would also like to add, it's similar to the Montreal situation in that the team's in front of the goalies are not very good both in Montreal and Ottawa. Both defense cores are not very good either.

Meaning EVEN IF Halak wins the majority of starts, or Elliot wins the majority of the starts, their stats are not going to be very good. Leastways they won't win you a pool, very mediocre. They'll have soliid games and complete blowouts - leaving their stats very much average at best.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I bet Ottawa can't wait until that monster kid Larsson develops