Thread: pitkanen out 4 weeks...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default pitkanen out 4 weeks...

TSN.ca Staff

10/24/2007 12:24:15 AM

Sources tell TSN that Edmonton Oilers\' Joni Pitkanen will undergo knee surgery which is expected to keep him out for four weeks.

The blueliner was acquired by the Oilers along with Geoff Sanderson and a 3rd round pick (2009) from the Philadelphia Flyers for Jason Smith and Joffrey Lupul this past offseason.

The 24-year-old has one goal and one assist over his eight games this season
    12 team yahoo h2h (standard scorin) dynasty

c- j toews/j carter/n backstrom/j tavaras
    lw- a ovechkin/d sedin/t vanek
    rw- j pominville/j voracek/a hemsky/p kessel
    d-s weber/ a goligoski
    g- r miller/s mason/s varlamov/m nuevirth

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have seen two different reports on TSN\'s website. Headlines says 4 weeks Ice Chips says 2. Holding on to him for 2 weeks without him being on IR is probably doable but to keep him on your bench for 4 weeks won\'t be so easy. Is he worth a 4 week bench stint?
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

normally id hold on to pitkanen (in keepers only of course) but i also have e johnson...whos doin me nothin right now/ sittin out and s weber...whos eatin up my only IR spot- ive read they shut johnson down for this week and im guessin hes still at least another week away - so im not sure if i can keep 2 dmen on my active roster not doin anythin for me- anyway, if u can afford it id hold on to pitkanen for now and hope its closer to the 2 weeks...unfortunately he was playin so poorly before that hes tough to trade at this point as well - anyway, im holdin him for now until somethin better presents itself...try and remember its a long season and id rather have him in april (when its fantasy playoff time) then october and if its a dynasty/keeper its an even longer career- despite my impatience w/ some players i try and tell myself that u built a team and stick w/ it and dont cave in to any short term solutions at the sacrifice of what u built - but if it is a one year league or a keeper where u only keep a couple guys (and assummin he wouldnt be one) then id drop him
    12 team yahoo h2h (standard scorin) dynasty

c- j toews/j carter/n backstrom/j tavaras
    lw- a ovechkin/d sedin/t vanek
    rw- j pominville/j voracek/a hemsky/p kessel
    d-s weber/ a goligoski
    g- r miller/s mason/s varlamov/m nuevirth