Thread: Stay Patient with Kovalev?

Banned

Default Stay Patient with Kovalev?

Is it time to drop this clown? I am running out of patience. I have a bit of a hard-on for him since he is on my Sens, but should I be looking at replacing him with any of these guys:

Okposo
    Clowe
    Tambellini
    JVR
    Giroux
    O'Sullivan
    Byfuglien
    Holmstrom
    Malone
    Stafford
    Wheeler
    Tanguay
    Callahan
    Stoll
    (just to name a few)

Full team in sig.

Time to axe AK27?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dont dump him yet, but keep on eye on Malone, JVR and Tanguay. Chances are that if they're FA's now, they'll be FA's when you're officially ready to jump ship.

I will say this: If any of those guys really start lighting it up, I would drop Kovalev for him regardless of how AK27 is playing. I dont care if he has 20 points in 4 games because you know it'll be followed up by 0 points in 30 games, lol.

Banned

you know what I say? fućk these on-again-off-again lazy ass 'i play when I wanna' type guys, just dont ever have them on your roster, there are far better options that will produce regularly...guys like Kovalev, Michalek, Vanek, Umberger, Erat are poison because you jsut dont know what you're getting in a given year, on a given team, etc, I prefer to take the guy that might get 5 fewer pts but he WILL get them year in and year out and week in and week out

</end rant>

Banned

but isn't Malone officially lighting it up already?

thanks for your advice as always NYR

Banned

I understand what you're saying mcgoo, but how is Michalek considered an on-again off-again player?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ev View Post
    but isn't Malone officially lighting it up already?

thanks for your advice as always NYR

I just dont like the fact that all of his points are pretty much off goals. What happens if he hits a dry spell? He doesnt exactly have great playmaking abilities to compensate not scoring.

Banned

I understand what you're saying mcgoo, but how is Michalek considered an on-again off-again player?
    maybe thats not completely fair, but lets add 'not reaching potential' to that list and its a good fit I think

Banned

Maybe the best option (if in fact Kovalev gets 30 points in 4 games lol) would be tot rade him to another owner if he goes on a mini-tear?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    maybe thats not completely fair, but lets add 'not reaching potential' to that list and its a good fit I think
    Agreed, although he has looked good with Spezza this season (please come back Thursday, Jason!).

His speed is excellent and he is a great penalty killer, so when he isn't scoring I enjoy that part of his game.

Dobber Sports Novice

Is it time to drop this clown? I am running out of patience. I have a bit of a hard-on for him since he is on my Sens, but should I be looking at replacing him with any of these guys:

Okposo
    Clowe
    Tambellini
    JVR
    Giroux
    O'Sullivan
    Byfuglien
    Holmstrom
    Malone
    Stafford
    Wheeler
    Tanguay
    Callahan
    Stoll
    (just to name a few)

Full team in sig.

Time to axe AK27?
    It a 1 year league - I would just hang onto Kovalev a tad and I mean A TAD bit longer, all of these free agent guys are all about the same more or less in value, so you can snatch one of them up if your patience for Kovalev gives way

Dobber Sports Veteran

Would you drop Kovalev for Selanne?
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    Would you drop Kovalev for Selanne?
    Hmmm...in my league he isn't available, but Selanne hasnt been impressive either so far. I'm not sure on that move.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't know if you drop or trade him but get rid of him. His old balls and lack of effort aren't going to get you anywhere and I'm sure his lazy ass will end up in Clouston's doghouse soon enough. that guy is a team first type coach, he sucks for fantasy.

Banned

NYR, would you drop Kovalev for JVR as of today? With Gagne out do you see him staying hot?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Kovalev for James Van riemsdyk

Im having the same issue with kovalev, do I drop him with his -5 rating, 4 goals and 1 assist for a hard working 2 G 11 A +6. Hes probably on first or second line since gagne is out. Seems like a no brainer, but kovalev did manage 84 pts 2 years ago and 64 last year. Does riemsdyk match it? hard to say. Seems his new team may not fit him so well. Kovalev has 5pts in 12 games compared to last year 12pts in 12 games. I think Ill drop him. hope i dont get burned.