Thread: site closing?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default site closing?

worst april fools joke ever. have to say you got me!

but if not, its a sad day in hockey as this is by far the greatest fantasy site ever and i think we all appreciate the work you do dobber!

Post edited by: Monty, at: 2007/04/01 11:38

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:site closing?

mxpxillini35 wrote:

Thanks for the props Dobber. I was actually referring to Romig with the Yahoo Friends and Family League he is in. Which is a joke to watch. The league page is open for anyone to see...it\'s quite hilarious.

Anyway, I hope I could provide a few laughs along the way...although my Karma took a huge hit ...but it\'s worth it!

Also, on a side note, Aprile Pazzo is April Fool in Italian.

Looking forward to daily visits for the next few decades (at least) Dobber!

Happy April Fools everyone!

-Freddy

mxpxillini35,
    I figured from the start as well only I wasn\'t creative enough to go along with it like you. I also like to check in on the Yahoo! Friends & Family League. This & your Italian player clued me in that you thought it was a April Fool\'s Joke. I had 4 posts deleted last night after the VAN/CAL game saying the closure was a joke. I reposted several times thinking it was a site glitch. After I clued in I emailed Dobber to delete my posts that I had resubmitted. But I never had my Karma reduced. So you have my thumbs up(& my karma) for your clever jab at Dobber.

Dobber,
    I don\'t think that mxpxillini35 should have had his Karma reduced for his clever posts. I remember you posted that you could give 2 karma points. I think his clever posts & seeing through your April Fool\'s Joke deserve your \"Lord of the Site\" \"knighting\" his faithful servant with a couple of karma points.

I...am your father.

Default Re:site closing?

I have never given negative Karma, so it must have been others. I\'ll pump some Karma his way!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default 20 Keepers and Thank you :)

First off, thanks to everyone here for the support. My pitchers kind of fell apart in the finals and I finished third....but third is still good for some money! And I had the best record and most points in the league. Couldn't have done it without ya!

I can keep 20 regular hitters/pitchers and then 4 minor leaguers. I'm hoping these are my minors:

Gordon, Minor, Taillon, Pomeranz (with an outside chance of Gary Sanchez if one of them doesn't qualify). Locked.

As for the regular 20:

1. Konerko
    Cano
    Tulo
    Longo
    Choo
    Stanton
    Heyward
    Stubbs
    9. Sandoval

Making way for 10 pitchers/relievers and 1 extra:

1. Johnson
    Gallardo
    Hanson
    Zimmerman
    Wilson
    A. Sanchez
    Floyd
    Luebke
    Storen
    10. Axford

1. ???

It's a toss up between Anderson/Norris/Vazquez or Ramos/Rios/Tabata/Smoak/Martinez

How does this list look and who do you like as the last pick?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    First off, thanks to everyone here for the support. My pitchers kind of fell apart in the finals and I finished third....but third is still good for some money! And I had the best record and most points in the league. Couldn't have done it without ya!

I can keep 20 regular hitters/pitchers and then 4 minor leaguers. I'm hoping these are my minors:

Gordon, Minor, Taillon, Pomeranz (with an outside chance of Gary Sanchez if one of them doesn't qualify). Locked.

As for the regular 20:

1. Konerko
    Cano
    Tulo
    Longo
    Choo
    Stanton
    Heyward
    Stubbs
    9. Sandoval

Making way for 10 pitchers/relievers and 1 extra:

1. Johnson
    Gallardo
    Hanson
    Zimmerman
    Wilson
    A. Sanchez
    Floyd
    Luebke
    Storen
    10. Axford

1. ???

It's a toss up between Anderson/Norris/Vazquez or Ramos/Rios/Tabata/Smoak/Martinez

How does this list look and who do you like as the last pick?
    I like your choices and my last pick would be Smoak.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Think I unwillingly go Rios here. think you have a better chance at redrafting smoak.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah, that's a tough call. I'd probably opt for Alex Rios there. I'm a a little concerned about the Smoak Monster.

imported_shallowfrozenwater

i like Norris actually for the K potential. the W potential might be a little low but i think you should be able to re-draft any of those hitters again.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re: 20 Keepers and Thank you :)

I liked this list of yours & i will choose Norris as the last pick.
    [URL="http://www.fantrax.com/"]fantasy sports[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.fantrax.com/NFL/home.go"]fantasy football[/URL]