Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gaborik Hurt...

Dobber Sports Veteran

When Gabby's injured we always know about it. I did watch the game and I didn't see anything to suggest he re-aggravated his groin. I'm not an expert by any means, but it didn't look too serious.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Broadway Blue (or, I assume, Mrs. Gaborik, Marian's mother) : Noone here is a "total a-hole"

the difference being....we are not rooting for some unfortunate city bus driver or union welder to get injured, lose his job, and struggle to make ends meet..

fantasy poolies quietly rooting for injuries are not cheering for career or life threatening concussions...in this case, Marian Gaborik, he of the 7 million dollar paycheck, (whether he's injured or not) looks to have tweaked a muscle...nothing more. If the average, ticket buying, salary paying, hockey pool entrant silently roots for a minor groin tweak because it benefits his fantasy team...tough cookies.

Ranger fan or not..settle down sunshine.

I have Gabs in my keeper, and hope to god he isn't injured....but when I learned Kovalchuk was out for a month with a broken foot..I gave a fist pump. deal with it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Inside I might not be too upset when another team's player gets hurt but I never gloat because the fantasy gods will get you and your player will be the next to go down. As a Ranger fan and a hockey fan, I hope he isn't hurt too bad because he is one of the most dynamic players in the league and fun to watch every night

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by gmw View Post
    Broadway Blue (or, I assume, Mrs. Gaborik, Marian's mother) : Noone here is a "total a-hole"

the difference being....we are not rooting for some unfortunate city bus driver or union welder to get injured, lose his job, and struggle to make ends meet..

fantasy poolies quietly rooting for injuries are not cheering for career or life threatening concussions...in this case, Marian Gaborik, he of the 7 million dollar paycheck, (whether he's injured or not) looks to have tweaked a muscle...nothing more. If the average, ticket buying, salary paying, hockey pool entrant silently roots for a minor groin tweak because it benefits his fantasy team...tough cookies.

Ranger fan or not..settle down sunshine.

I have Gabs in my keeper, and hope to god he isn't injured....but when I learned Kovalchuk was out for a month with a broken foot..I gave a fist pump. deal with it.
    Spot on gmw! Coundn't said it better myself.

Hope Gaborik owners enjoyed the ride.
    But remember, "Please wait until the roller coaster has come to a
    complete stop before getting off"
    1 year HtH - 12 Team League :: G,A, PIM, +/-, SHG, GWG, Faceoffs, Saves, Save %

C: Malkin, Jokinen, Bergeron, Elias, Stepan,Crosby (IR)
    LW: Benn, Nash, Parise, Marchand
    RW: Giroux, Gaborik, Seguin, Vrbata, Hossa, Malkin
    D: Enstrom, Del Zotto, Letag (IR)
    G: Pavelec, Miller, Price

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Leetch#2 View Post
    Inside I might not be too upset when another team's player gets hurt but I never gloat because the fantasy gods will get you and your player will be the next to go down. As a Ranger fan and a hockey fan, I hope he isn't hurt too bad because he is one of the most dynamic players in the league and fun to watch every night
    I'm a huge Rangers fan and I cringed when I saw him leave the bench. But I've set my expectations accordingly based on Ranger history. Bure, Lindros, Ulf Nilson, Barry Beck, Theo Fluery and of course Dan Blackburn (The two blocker goalie)
    Last edited by Sobo; October 27, 2009 at 9:33 AM.
    1 year HtH - 12 Team League :: G,A, PIM, +/-, SHG, GWG, Faceoffs, Saves, Save %

C: Malkin, Jokinen, Bergeron, Elias, Stepan,Crosby (IR)
    LW: Benn, Nash, Parise, Marchand
    RW: Giroux, Gaborik, Seguin, Vrbata, Hossa, Malkin
    D: Enstrom, Del Zotto, Letag (IR)
    G: Pavelec, Miller, Price

Dobber Sports Star

"It's nothing related to my groin or hip or torso," Gaborik said afterward. "We'll see how everything is in the morning. I collided with one of their players, but it's nothing major. It happened with about five minutes left and the game was pretty much over."

Dobber Sports Veteran

i HOPE WE get an update soon.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Stud

He probably had to rush home for a NHL2010 match with his xbox buddy Demitra.

Poor Demitra's been pretty lonely on the xbox this year.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by r22yu View Post
    He probably had to rush home for a NHL2010 match with his xbox buddy Demitra.

Poor Demitra's been pretty lonely on the xbox this year.
    Demitra, lonely? Maybe, but he did have Havlat to play with for a few days now Gabby will now take his place.

Dobber Sports Stud

gmw, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I'd rather beat an opponent with a healthy player than wish injury on someone else - regardless of their trade. "The difference is we are not rooting for..." - that's the problem, that you are in fact rooting for anyone to get injured. Not to mention no one here is "silently" rooting for anything. They are/were loudly laughing and rejoicing in someone else's misfortune. Let me ask you this...if he happened to get blindsided and crushed into the boards heads-first and was out with a concussion, would you still feel the same way?

I was probably out of line with my comment and for that, I apologize to those it offended, but the "Mrs Gaborik" comment? Really?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Gaborik did not attend practice today. Lundy also got in a fender bender (no injury tho)
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    Gaborik did not attend practice today. Lundy also got in a fender bender (no injury tho)
    Rangers hold Gaborik out of practice:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4599301
    Marian Gaborik was held out of practice Tuesday as the New York Rangers forward deals with an undisclosed injury he suffered after colliding with a player ...

Jacques Lemaire once quoted: "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Just a matter of time.....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

to answer your question broadway.....yes, i hope all my opponents suffer nagging day to day injuries that make them cringe and second geuss when putting lineups together.....but, no, I DO NOT wish severe concussions, hits from behind, or career threatening injuries on ANYONE..ever.

and as for the Mrs. Gaborik comment. I come by it honestly..without offending you..I honestly assume I AM talking to Marian Gaboriks mom.

maam, I truly am sorry that Marian has a day to day issue. i have had him in a keeper league for years...so I really hope he gets better. I know it must be tough to see fantasy guys root for him to stay on the IR...which begs the question...why are you patrolling the dobberhockey forums in the first place? doesnt this just cause you and the love of your son un-needed grief?

go injuries go. hopefully it's iggy tonight with a hip pointer,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by gmw View Post
    to answer your question broadway.....yes, i hope all my opponents suffer nagging day to day injuries that make them cringe and second geuss when putting lineups together.....but, no, I DO NOT wish severe concussions, hits from behind, or career threatening injuries on ANYONE..ever.

and as for the Mrs. Gaborik comment. I come by it honestly..without offending you..I honestly assume I AM talking to Marian Gaboriks mom.

maam, I truly am sorry that Marian has a day to day issue. i have had him in a keeper league for years...so I really hope he gets better. I know it must be tough to see fantasy guys root for him to stay on the IR...which begs the question...why are you patrolling the dobberhockey forums in the first place? doesnt this just cause you and the love of your son un-needed grief?

go injuries go. hopefully it's iggy tonight with a hip pointer,
    Nice work gmw. lol

Dobber Sports Icon

Here is what Steve Zipay of Blue Notes had to say on the live chat today (after the initial barrage of questions all speculating on Gabby's injury situation):

"Hello folks, Gaborik took treatment today, didn't skate. Tortorella said he was not too concerned. "He got into a collision late in the game, he was a little sore, we're just keeping him off the ice." But he made no committment on tomorrow versus Isles."

I'm cautiously optimistic with this news.

As a Gaborik owner, I certainly understand why every single article you read, every single announcer who is calling a game in which Gabby plays, every single commentator, has to follow every statement about Gabby's great start and all-around world class skills with the immediate statement about his injury history. I understand it, but it still annoys the hell out of me.

I really hope that this is the year he puts everything to rest, and that those hip surgeries he had finally resolve the chronic groin problems, which accounted for the great majority of his missed time over the years. I want there to be a two year stretch where the guy plays 75+ games and the references to his prior bandaid boy just washes away, and he becomes what he was always meant to be, a consistent 45-50 (or more) goalscorer, a threat for 90-100 points each year (he's a greatly underrated playmaker in my view), a top 5 winger in every points only fantasy league in existence, and in the top 10 of Dobber's Top 300 (right there next to the Kovalchuks). With that achieved, I can die peacefully

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper