Thread: Comments on Tom Gilbert D-Man Edm.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Comments on Tom Gilbert D-Man Edm.

A call up for Edmonton who seems to be going good (4 pts last 4 games). Anyone have any opinions on him. I was not able to find him on the top 200 prospect list. Did this mean that he is not thought of or rates below the top 200. According to what I had found so far he is more highly thought of in comparison to D. Syvret (prospect #122)

Regards
    15 Teams Rotisserie league
    12F - 6D - 2G + 4reserves - Sal Cap $27.00 on draft day (not incl. res) $33.00 incl. reserves - max 2 year contract, protecting up to 10 players going into draft. Scoring format F & D "G - A - TPTS - SOG - PIMS - +/-" Goalies - Save pct and Wins

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Comments on Tom Gilbert D-Man Edm.

Gilbert has been absolutely brilliant since breaking into the NHL. He\'s what a lot of Oilers fans expected Smid to be: composed and mature in his own end, but capable of dazzling in the offensive zone. I don\'t think it\'d be exaggeration to say that Gilbert has created more down low in his few games than Smid has all season.

He\'s going to make a big impact next year on a revamped squad. He could win the Calder. That\'s how good he is.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Comments on Tom Gilbert D-Man Edm.

mrbugg wrote:
    Gilbert has been absolutely brilliant since breaking into the NHL. He\'s what a lot of Oilers fans expected Smid to be: composed and mature in his own end, but capable of dazzling in the offensive zone. I don\'t think it\'d be exaggeration to say that Gilbert has created more down low in his few games than Smid has all season.

He\'s going to make a big impact next year on a revamped squad. He could win the Calder. That\'s how good he is.
    Being an Edmonton fan since he\'s come back from the concussion he definatley is standing out and for good reasons in this last stretch, I thought Pouliot had a few games were he showed something and now hes dissappered and Jacques has no clue of his role. As for GILBERT winning the CALDER --thats a long shot.

Also rember this is the OILERS organzation and they bring prospects along slowly