Thread: Josh Harding

The Great One

Default Josh Harding

How much of a sure thing is Harding and when will he be a bonafide number 1? I have been offered Harding for my Sam Gagner/Tuuka Rask. Its a hard trade because I got Gagner late in the draft and have loved watching him play- but the truth is I am fairly deep at C and starting goalies are gold in our league. This year is kind of a wash for me so I am really more concerned about their upside in 1-2 years from now. I know Rask is unproven and have even heard reports on him that he isn\'t playing up to his potential lately. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Josh Harding

Josh Harding will be a #1 next year, beating Backstrom out of training camp...well, as much as he can. It\'ll still be a tandem, but he\'ll play 50 and Backs will play 30, or something like that until Backstrom gets traded or his contract expires.

As much as I love Harding\'s skillset and potential, I don\'t like the idea of trading Sam gagner and Tuuka Rask for him.

There\'s just too much potential between the two, and I\'m quite sure Rask will be a solid NHL starter within 3 years, and just as good as Harding.

That\'s my take. Angus will probably be able to tell you a bit more than I can, though.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Josh Harding

Very sure thing. His rebound control is outstanding.

He will see 30 games this season, and 40+ the next few. Backstrom is still the G there, but as you saw with Fernandez, whoever plays better gets the nod. Harding will be an elite starting goalie for a long time.

Gagner has been outstanding, so moving him would be tough. If goalies are really valuable, I\'d make that move.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified