Thread: Another Worried Tanguay Owner? Drop for Benn?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Another Worried Tanguay Owner? Drop for Benn?

Alright, i know the patience game should be played early in the season but ive watched Tanguay this season and i dunno, something about him just says to me he isnt gonna have a great season.

If this "funk" lasts for say, 15-20 games, does anyone see him even reaching 50 points? Lets say he has 5 points in 20 games, do you think hes really gonna hop on a tear and go for a point per game and finish with 70ish points?

I know its not just him but i also have Lecavalier and im definitely not gonna drop him. I have Stamkos but same thing there. If anything, im worried if they jumble the lines, Tanguay stifles Stamkos.

Maybe i have too many TB guys but i just have this feeling with Tanguay that hes only gonna hit maybe 50 points. Worse, he gets hurt again.

Jamie Benn is on the WW and its only a matter of time before someone snags him. Im strongly considering dropping Tanguay for Benn.

Patience? Pickup Benn? Why do i have so many TB players, drop him?
    14 team H2H Keeper league.

Center: J. Carter, V. Lecavalier, J. Spezza, S. Stamkos

Wingers: J. Benn, L. Eriksson, N Horton, M. Hossa, N. Filatov, W. Wolski, Ju. Williams

D: V. Hedman, A. Goligoski, C. Barker, B. Campbell

G: S. Mason, P. Rinne, D. Ellis

SCORING: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, GWG, FOW, HAT, HIT, SOG, PPP, SHP. Wins, SV, SO, GAA, SV %

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm not a Tanguay fan.....he's doing nothing, asked to do nothing....given nothing in terms of ice time and PP. Benn....he's producing now...he's a descent pick up in my mind. I'd probably be patient though cause if Tanguay does start producing his value is pretty high and a great trade piece.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Giant

In a keeper league, I would trade Tanguay 1 vs 1 for Benn. However, can't you package Tanguay along with say Williams for an upgrade at wing, and just pick up Benn with your free spot?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports All-Star

I saw a bit of the Sens/Lightning game last night, and it wasn't just Tanguay that looked lost; it was the whole TB line-up.

I'd be surprised if we dont see some major line shuffling for next game; Vinny and Lecavailer together and Tanguay with Stamkos and Malone. The talent is too good not to produce more.

Benn looks very good right now, and so long as he sticks on a top 6 role he'll put up decent points.

If you have another body to drop for Benn I would do that; Tanguay should start producing and once he does he could easily out point Benn from here on in.

just my $.02
    on fantasy hockey hiatus!!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

At this point I would prefer to have Benn. His value is going up greatly, while Tanguay's is dropping. Tanguay is getting older, has had a recent history of injuries, and well doesn't have much to work with right now. If Benn plays with Morrow the rest of the season I wouldn't be surprised if he out produces Tanguay this year in his rookie season.
    Synthetic Warriors:
    C: Oshie, Weiss, Peverly, Duchene, B. Schenn
    LW: A. Kosti.tsyn, Benn, Marleau, Prospal, J. Jokinen
    RW: Kane, Stafford, Gionta, Antropov, Recchi
    D: Markov, Whitney, Goligoski, Visnovsky, Phaneuf, Timonen, Wideman
    G: Luongo, Rinne, Neimi

19 man pts league. Starts 4C,4RW,4LW,6D,1G

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    In a keeper league, I would trade Tanguay 1 vs 1 for Benn. However, can't you package Tanguay along with say Williams for an upgrade at wing, and just pick up Benn with your free spot?
    Ive looked at trades but our league isnt too active with trading, especially this early. I could make an attempt but i also dont want to draw any attention to Benn by me looking for a new LW, cause Benn is really all thats worth picking up on the LW WW in our league.

That would be a great scenario tho.

Wingers: J. Benn, L. Eriksson, N Horton, M. Hossa, N. Filatov, W. Wolski, Ju. Williams

SCORING: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, GWG, FOW, HAT, HIT, SOG, PPP, SHP. Wins, SV, SO, GAA, SV %

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyislife View Post
    I saw a bit of the Sens/Lightning game last night, and it wasn't just Tanguay that looked lost; it was the whole TB line-up.

I'd be surprised if we dont see some major line shuffling for next game; Vinny and Lecavailer together and Tanguay with Stamkos and Malone. The talent is too good not to produce more.

Benn looks very good right now, and so long as he sticks on a top 6 role he'll put up decent points.

If you have another body to drop for Benn I would do that; Tanguay should start producing and once he does he could easily out point Benn from here on in.

just my $.02
    As for dropping someone for Benn, i dont have anyone im really looking at dropping. I did just pickup Justin Williams, so while hes playing well, he could be dropped but that would seem kinda redundant, no?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I think this is a good option for you...package him with a hot starter like Williams or Wolski for an upgrade and then pick up Benn

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Habs27 View Post
    I think this is a good option for you...package him with a hot starter like Williams or Wolski for an upgrade and then pick up Benn
    Ill see what i can do i guess. I just hope Benn stays put on the WW.