Thread: Eastside Hockey Manager

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Eastside Hockey Manager

Hey,

I\'ve been trying to start a single player league on this PC game (2007 edition) and everytime, I stop playing really fast because:

1- There is no action;
    2- The period before the season starts is so long (training camp);
    3- I just click the Next Day button until something happens;
    4- The game is not easy especially when there are some NHL tricks you don\'t know (waiver rules, etc.)

But damn, the game looks kewl and I would like to play it. It\'s like the fantasy hockey heaven. So I decided to ask you people about inputs on the game. Do you have any advices to make to more dynamic, any comments?

Thanks for the input!
    12 Team Keeper League (Y1 Champ) - Points only (incl. +/-)

F: Malkin, Vanek, Spezza, Pominville, Brassard, Dumont, Selanne, Smyth, Kunitz, Langkow, S. Kozlov, Prospal, Stillman, Penner
    D: Rafalski, Weber, T.Kaberle, Letang, Suter, Ericsson, Schneider
    G: Nabokov, C. Mason, Conklin
    Prospect: Hodgson, Stalberg

I...am your father.

Actually, you click the next day button frequently. You have to to get any action. But that\'s the beauty of it - you control how quickly time goes by.
    I usually ran a few days at once and then would shop around for team management, prospects, etc. Then run a few more days, etc.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I forgot about my post hehe.

That\'s a way to see it. I\'ll give it another shot. Do you know if there is any rosters update with today\'s players?

F: Malkin, Vanek, Spezza, Pominville, Brassard, Dumont, Selanne, Smyth, Kunitz, Langkow, S. Kozlov, Prospal, Stillman, Penner

oh and, what are the leagues you activate? I don\'t have a very end machine and I don\'t want to wait 10 minutes between each Next Day.

I suppose NHL, AHL and LJMQ are the 3 more importants, but what about the Europeen leagues?

Thanks again.

I\'m beginning to like replying myself :P

I did find a roster update:
    http://www.ehmtheblueline.com

They seem to have a good collection of files to download to make the game better.

what is this? i looked around the site a little and still dont really get it.

It\'s a game. Basically, you take the role of a GM of a team (any pro-team on the planet actually, there is a huge number of leagues). You can take actual teams or do a fantasy draft. You have to deal with your crew (coaches, scouts, etc.), with the players, prospects, the farm teams, etc. And you can coach games. You have a lot of tactical stuff (decide your lines, tell a player to shoot, pass or check more, etc.)

The site I posted is a community one. For the game itself, go there, there is a demo:
    http://www.eastsidehockeymanager.net/

Then, go to the community site I posted to get the most recent patch (3.0.4), the database update (2007-2008) and other addons.

This game is deep, reallllly deep.

You have to know that the company has stop developing the game and the concession because they haven\'t sold enough copies. But the community seems to be really active, so I guess it is still worth buying it.

Have a nice week-end ))

Dobber Sports Sage

I recently bought the game...but while i was playing the demo you could click on \"offer all\" button which would basically make almost everyteam give you their best offer for whicher players you clicked on...for some bizzare reason this option is not available when you have bought the full game...hard to explain...anyone know what im talking about?
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Pro

EHM is an incredible game. It\'s sad to know development\'s been halted on new versions, but there\'s a pretty solid community.

The game can be boring. It\'s very difficult. Getting on the winning side of trades is difficult. It\'s really a buy low, sell low game...except instead of buying low, you buy regular price, so you tend to lose trades....so you REALLY need to scout well.

The offseason is pretty hectic from the end of the cup finals all the way to the start of August. Signings, the draft, and player rights are difficult to manage, not to mention lining up the right personnel for the job. I don\'t believe personnel can be tracked, so when a good scout leaves a team, you don\'t know.

When I start a league, I activate NHL, AHL and the CHL. In a speed league, I only activate NHL. In a deep league, I add pretty much everything.
    In my speed league, I\'m in 2017, and while the game is quite fun, it\'s...well, some players turn out to be something they realistically will never be.
    For instance,
    Players who are nearing 1000 points:
    Magnus Kahnberg
    Stanislav Chistov
    Greg Moore (who? Calgary\'s 5th rounder in 2003)

Hall of Famers:
    Alexei Yashin
    Oleg Kvasha
    Jose theodore
    Robert Esche

But while the game\'s player inaccuracies are a bit interesting(Brent Burns, if I remember, had a horrible checking and slapshot attributes), the game is so fun.
    It\'s like being a GM of a hockey team. The first time I led the Capitals to the Cup...it was crazy. Game 7 against the Colorado Avalanche, 2008-2009 season. I had the simulation off of my default \"fast forward\" and onto regular speed and was watching the overhead ice view. Rastislav Stana(yes, him. Filling in for an injured Luongo and Varlamov) stopped 56 shots on route to a nail-biting overtime victory.

Of course, even if your team wins the cup, there\'s no on-screen celebration. Only a message in your inbox saying who won the cup, and that the board is happy.

On a side note, contracts are hella hard to negotiate. It\'s usually the player\'s way or the highway. Also, I\'ve noticed a glitch where lists the rights expiry for a player incorrectly. There\'s no way to fix it(well, i haven\'t loooked too hard) other than signing the players seemingly WAY early, because it\'ll tell you at the beginning of June( think) that X players\' exclusive rights have been lost and suddenly it\'s a mad dash to get them signed before other teams pounce.

For most people, it\'s a good game to do one day or week at a time. Sit down for a few minutes, set up your practices, tactics, and lines...check your scouting, sim a game or two.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

nice post lockedge.

Yeah I think I found the way to play it and it\'s like you and Dobber said.

(\"For most people, it\'s a good game to do one day or week at a time. Sit down for a few minutes, set up your practices, tactics, and lines...check your scouting, sim a game or two.\&quot

I do have a question. What\'s the point in activating other leagues than the NHL? Is it that you can GM in those leagues also? Because I think that the Database size (when you create the league) is the one that modifies the number of farm teams, number of players, etc. I may be mistaken, I\'m looking for answer on that