Thread: What needs to go?!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default What needs to go?!

My team is underperforming, granted, it\'s early.. but what should I do to this team to get out of 5th place?

C-Joe Sakic
    C-Anze Kopitar
    LW-Daniel Sedin
    LW-Erik Cole
    RW-Brian Rolston
    RW-Johnathan Cheechoo
    D-Lubomir Visnovsky
    D-John-Michael Liles
    D-Brett Clark
    D-Ryan Suter

BN-Joe Thornton
    BN-Milan Hejduk
    BN-Jason Pomminville
    BN-Patrice Bergeron

G-Mikka Kipprusoff
    G-Peter Budaj

I know, I have too many Avs and I\'m seriously shopping Hejduk, and considering dropping Clark.

Should I wait for my guys like Cheechoo to shake thier bad starts, or do I start throwing around offers?
    It\'s a Points league too, btw.
    11 team Yahoo points league..

C- Thornton, Stastny, Mike Richards, Savard
    LW- Sedin, Wolski,
    RW- St. Louis, Jagr, Hejduk, Zherdev
    D- Visnovsky, Ohlund, Schneider, Zubov
    G- Kipper, Biron

IR - Sakic

Dobber Sports Pro

you have a solid team, the only player i might switch is brett clark (maybe a combo between hejduk and clark) but otherwise i\'d stand pat. like you said they\'re underperforming, not even 10 games have been played by a single team yet so i\'d wait it out especially because its a points league, with the players you got you can easily catch up in the end.
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Dobber Sports Novice

You have a solid team, I\'d second getting rid of Clark. Once Kip comes around, you\'ll be faring much better

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Joe - you start throwing offers now you will end up underselling assets.

I do think you made a critical error in loading up with Avs but you are there now and think you need to ride it out and diversify slowly. Clark can go and if there is something on FA worthwhile that would be a good thing to do. The next guy I would look at trying to upgrade is Budaj - I think he is going to give you very sporadic results with Theodore there and the fact that Budaj seems to be a good game bad game guy so far. Not sure how you can resolve that but at least start thinking about it. I invested in Budaj too, in a couple of leagues and I am really regretting that now. Beyond that I think your guys are fine for the moment - just kick back and give them some more games - I think they will come on for you.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Budaj will be fine. Everyone somehow expects either Boots to fall over, or for Theo to miracously regain his MVP form. I don\'t see either. And trust me, in a strange kind of way, that scenario would be the preferable if the Avs want to win the whole thing. That said, like others have said, Bretty Clark needs to go, there must be something better on FA for you. You look fairly good overall though, all I might suggest is that you turn one of your RW into a LW. Shop Pominville or Hejduk, or both, to upgrade LW. But its not that neccessary. Your team should be fine in the end.

Dobber Sports Novice

Hey guys, thanks for the tips!
    I decided to drop Clark for Rivet.

Rivet was one of the better D-men left. He\'s actually got a pretty decent point total, and he\'s on that Sharks PP too, so I grabbed him quickly. I don\'t really know why the guy who originally had him decided to drop him, but hey better for me! :woohoo:
    11 team Yahoo points league..

C- Thornton, Stastny, Mike Richards, Savard
    LW- Sedin, Wolski,
    RW- St. Louis, Jagr, Hejduk, Zherdev
    D- Visnovsky, Ohlund, Schneider, Zubov
    G- Kipper, Biron

IR - Sakic