Thread: I Need help on this trade offer??

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default I Need help on this trade offer??

I got offered Steve Mason and Ponikarovsky for my toews and varlamov??
    Is it time to give up on valamov now..goalie catagories are Goals(counts twice) , assists(counts 1.5 times) , shots , special goals, pims , plus minus , GAA ,SVPTG ,WINS and Goalie minutes played

My team is Malkin , Lecavalier , Kovalchuk , Toews , P. Sharp , Bobby Ryan Hagman , Grabovski , Cleary , Kobasew , A Konsistyn , Samsanov ,Pavelski , Paul Martin , Enstrom , Demers , Hainsey , Karlson , Hedman , Mara
    we start all players every week

goalies are : Chris Mason , Bryzgalov , Varlamov , Rask , Ersberg, Neuvirth and Harding(start 3 goalies)

There is ten teams in this league and we only use whole east and 6 west teams for players and entire nhl for goalies...

Does anyone think Bryzgalov and chris Mason will great this year? Will Varlamov get the job back for washington?
    Im a little worried about my gaa and svptg thats why i may consider this
    I need help please with this decision thanks

Dobber Sports Genius

I would make this deal , mainly because you start 3 goalies each night.If Varlamov turns out to be great so what you will have the #1 goalie on one of the best deffensive teams giving you better #'s for pts.Poinakorovski may do as well as last year and that was'nt so bad.That's my opinion.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

The King of Diatribes

Okay I'm a little confused by your stats categories, but here's my thoughts.

If you already have Neuvirth and Harding, who are not going to see much playing time, you might want to get rid of Varlamov, who is still surrounded by question marks, and get someone who has already had a strong start to the season in Steve Mason.

In two of my three leagues, I have both Mason's in goal and plan on riding them through the entire season. They will both be workhorses and get some great support. Steve gets great support in a defensive system and Chris will get some more offensive support compared to last season. Plus he will be much more comfortable now that he's already won a game, which didn't happen until like late November last season LOL.

I can't really speak about the trade of Ponikarovsky for Toews, but it seems like your lineup is pretty solid offensively, especially with Ryan, Malkin, Lecavalier, Sharp ... sounds like a pretty strong team to me (but I'm just the goalie guy).

But just looking at letting Varlamov go and getting Mason in return, that's part of the trade is a no-brainer.

Yes, Bryzgalov is going to benefit from Dave T.'s defensive system, as he already pitched a shutout. I don't think it will be like that all season long, but right now Bryzgalov has surprised me more than any other starting goalie so far this season.

Varlamov is going to have an up and down season, but improve his confidence and technique as the season goes along ... but he will progress slower than most people are expecting.

Hope that helps!!!

The Magnificent One

I second GG's comments. I love the upgrade from varly to mason. getting a stable goalie who will put up great numbers (barring any sophmore slump - but i think with goalies thats less common).
    however i hate to see you have to give up toews. that part is hard to do. but like others said with 3 starting goalies i think you need to land 3 starters. varly right now is not a starter and might take all season for him to become one.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi