Thread: Markstrom

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Markstrom

I have my thought on him but was wondering what u guys think of him. When will he become the starter? Will he be a stud?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Prodigy

anything? haha

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default ?

For what it's worth here is my take.

Please note that I have him on my fantasy team.

He needs to continue to put up big #'s in the SEL for Brynas. (1-1 tie against Timra was a good start).

He will be in North America next year barring any setbacks and should......SHOULD back up Vokoun. If he excels he will have a chance to be the starter the following year. That is if everything goes perfectly which it rarely does. My guess is that FLA will probably re-up Tomas for 2-3 years and the 2 goalies will fight it out for a couple of years b4 Jacob finally wins out.

I hope I am wrong and he comes over and wins it outright (a la Price) and they deal Tomas like Huet.

Love to hear your two cents and predictions.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well i agree with u for the most part of it still taking a few more years but would definitely help if he comes over next year and has a rookie year like mason did haha. FLA is a young org and when he comes over next yr they will be only a yr or two from their prime which will be a perfect time to break him into the league in my opinion. I think he has the potential to be a great, maybe not a Roy or Brodeur, but a name people will remember.