Dobber Sports Master

Finally some time to post my team and quick analysis

Team Crazynuck 3rd overall pick

C: Crosby, H.Sedin, Zajac, Connolly, Berglund, Morrison
    LW:Lucic, Huselius, O'Sullivan, Clowe, Wolski
    RW:Semin, Kane, Dumont, Clarkson, Recchi
    D: J-Bo, Bieksa, T.Kaberle, Enstrom, Yandle, Commodore
    G: Backstrom, Rinne, Theodore

With the 3rd pick I couldn't pass on Crosby. I was set on going goalie but right before my pick I did analysis on goalies rankings in terms of W,GAA,Saves. Brodeur, Luongo, Nabby ect have less value in this type of setup due to their lack of shots. I went for guys who rank in the top 10 in GAA and saves and are #1 goalies for their team and have a shot at 30+ wins. Backstrom is actually a top 3 pick if you factor in all the stats and he's very consistent. My only worry was the new coach but Backstrom was one of the only top goalies left aside from Mason and since I have talked smack about him in the forums I had to back my word up. If he came back in round 3 I would have taken him. Since he didn't I wanted to focus on wings especially RW since I haven't in my mock drafts. Really happy with Semin, Kane and Dumont. My LW didn't get taken care of until rd 8,12-14. My weakness was PIM after the first few rounds Crosby, Semin, H.Sedin, Kane. I recovered with Lucic, Bieksa, Clarkson, Commodore and Clowe.

All in all I;m very happy with my draft especially after a horrible one last year where I finsihed 5th. I'll post my team from last year later on as I have no idea how I survived.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by smack1919 View Post
    Like your team, PM. Your weakest part which isn't that weak is RW but I really like JuWill and see a nice rebound year from him. Other than that, your team looks real solid and if JVR plays this season, I'll be a happy guy so I hope your inside info is right.
    Thanks Jake. Only thing that scares me a little is the fact I have a lot of injury prone guys. Hemsky was taken a few picks before me and I ended up taking Havlat. I'm pretty pleased but everyone is so smart in this league so it could come down to whoever stays the healthiest.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Really great write ups all around.

Looking forward to Tuesday night; I'll try to put up something after the Wales draft is finished.

Must admit I'm a bit nervous; this is going to be a very knowledgable group to draft with. So long as I stick with my strategy, I should be ok

Dobber Sports Genius

Here it is , I picked #10 , was pretty happy with that posistion.
    C- Stamkos , Arnott , horcoff , Unberger , Modano. LW - A. Burrows , Kovalchuk , Versteeg , Bertuzzi , Ladd. RW - Setoguchi , Mueller , Bernier , Antropov , Moss. Def - M. Green , Streit , R. Blake , Corvo , Gologoski , Sekera , Sarich. G - C. Mason , Huet , Conklin. Not bad , Kovi and Antropov should click , Mason and Conklin are a good tandem and Huet should do better this year without the "Wall" in his way.Sarich , Bertuzzi will add pims.Vets like Modano , Arnott and Blake add depth.Youth like Sekera , Gologoski , Stamkos and Versteeg could make the difference.Time will tell.This is my 1st pool with stats like pp , sog , pims. I choose players based on that format so I'll see how well I researched.Good luck all!POOL ON!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by smoothfun View Post
    Here it is , I picked #10 , was pretty happy with that posistion.
    C- Stamkos , Arnott , horcoff , Unberger , Modano. LW - A. Burrows , Kovalchuk , Versteeg , Bertuzzi , Ladd. RW - Setoguchi , Mueller , Bernier , Antropov , Moss. Def - M. Green , Streit , R. Blake , Corvo , Gologoski , Sekera , Sarich. G - C. Mason , Huet , Conklin. Not bad , Kovi and Antropov should click , Mason and Conklin are a good tandem and Huet should do better this year without the "Wall" in his way.Sarich , Bertuzzi will add pims.Vets like Modano , Arnott and Blake add depth.Youth like Sekera , Gologoski , Stamkos and Versteeg could make the difference.Time will tell.This is my 1st pool with stats like pp , sog , pims. I choose players based on that format so I'll see how well I researched.Good luck all!POOL ON!
    There's no questioning what the strength of that team is. Defense. Your goaltending is very risky, so you'll either sink or swim based on what they do.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Loki's Team and thoughts...

Dobber Pro Campbell-League Draft Results:
    Which I (Loki) call Ode to Don't Drink & Draft
    Round 1
    The night started a bit hectic. Forgot about the parent-teacher conference and that killed any hope of pre-draft preparation. Whatever time I was left with afforded me the opportunity of getting a good stiff drink which went down smooth, maybe a bit too smooth.

I thought I had Nabokov all locked up. Started hitting the draft button with no results pounding away for a good 60 seconds until I realized it was not my turn and UW had the same plan for goaltender. No problem, had another in the hopper and went with Fleury. Still feeling pretty optimistically thinking I'd get Kovalchuk or Heatley with my next pick and wrap up a good LW. Celebrated with another drink

Round 2
    So much for optimism as both Heatley and Kovalchuk were easily swept up by my well-schooled opposition. At this point, I thought I'd just take a high scoring forward and alter the strategy going forward. Backstrom has the ability to pop at least 90 points this year. No shocking picks or reaches by my colleagues as all their picks thus far are solid.
    Round 3
    Once I saw UW take Phaneuf, my new plan of attack was to take a D-Man and create a run, therefore, pushing some offense down to me. This plan worked about as well as playing marbles in a bathtub as Sentium was awarded Zetterberg, foiled by the auto-pick function.

Time to reassess my situation, not too bad as I have a top G, C, and D. However, not quite according to plan as I intended to fill the elusive top LW & RW positions. I was determined to correct this oversight as soon as round 4.
    Round 4
    Okay, that plan didn't last too long as I felt somewhat compelled to take Ryan Miller. Did I score another elite goaltender, was my strategy tainted by my loyalty to the Sabres, could it be the booze? No, can't be the booze, I'll have another drink in defiance at the mere thought that it could have been the cause.
    Round 5
    Now it appears, I'm on the Sabres bandwagon all out as I get my first wing in the draft with Thomas Vanek. I was torn between Vanek and Alfredsson. Thank goodness UW picked Pronger, cause had he not, I would have taken him and dug myself another foot deeper without a wing. Until now, the picks by my competition have been solid. This round started to differentiate the strategies as more started to stray toward their gut hunches.
    Round 6
    Fergie really stuck a dagger in me with his pick of Hossa. I had him in the hopper and was already rewarding myself with a congratulatory toast when he was swept from my queue. Was round 6 too early for Bobby Ryan? Didn't I read he scored two goals in a meaningless pre-season contest? Good enough for me as at this point since I had no RW on the roster. Props to Smoothfun as I loved the Setoguchi pick. How sweet would it be if he landed the RW gig playing next to Heater and Big Joe?
    Round 7
    My peers are starting to go for goal scoring wingers that have a little pop in them. Nice dip into the PIMs Need wings, need to fill the PIM category, need another drink. Round 7 and I find a 1st line wing, namely Ales Hemsky. This was my first dip in the Edmonton Pool of players which is to become a common theme later in the draft. No worries, Dobber has been touting Hemsky for years and surely this would be the year he actually takes flight. .
    Round 8
    There go Havlat and Frolov (another dagger by Fergie)…queue is looking a bit empty, what to do? Optimism is still running high. Surely Morrow's return to Dallas won't impede the young Eriksson's production. Why didn't I just go with Kariya?
    Round 25
    Why Higgins? Why not?

In summary, at least I was consistent. I have a team of young frail assist types and clearly neglected some stable mid tier guys that pop in a few goals, PIMs and +/-. Let's hope I can find a way to shore up those 3 categories. On a positive note, my younger players have a lot of promise and a good number of them may get dual position eligibility at some point in the season. That flexibility is crucial for success. That and the $100 free agent allowance since trades in this league are rare.

Somehow, I've hitched my horses to the Edmonton Oilers wagon. The GM's in this league avoided them. Keep thinking that this forebodes of something. Time will tell and I'm still excited because Hockey is back! Good fortune to all!

Loki

Pos Player
    C Nicklas Backstrom (Was - C)
    C Sam Gagner (Edm - C)
    C Brandon Dubinsky (NYR - C)
    C Pavol Demitra (Van - C)

LW Thomas Vanek (Buf - LW)
    LW Loui Eriksson (Dal - LW)
    LW Nikita Filatov (Cls - LW)
    LW David Perron (StL - LW)

RW Bobby Ryan (Anh - RW)
    RW Ales Hemsky (Edm - RW)
    RW Bryan Little (Atl - RW)
    RW Claude Giroux (Phi - RW)

D Nicklas Lidstrom (Det - D)
    D Brian Campbell (Chi - D)
    D Kris Letang (Pit - D)
    D Tom Gilbert (Edm - D)
    D Denis Grebeshkov (Edm - D)
    D Matt Hunwick (Bos - D)

G Marc-Andre Fleury (Pit - G)
    G Ryan Miller (Buf - G)

BN Jakub Voracek (Cls - RW)
    BN Todd White (Atl - C)
    BN Tomas Fleischmann (Was - RW)
    BN Christopher Higgins (NYR - LW)
    BN Jean-Sebastien Giguere (Anh - G)
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Master

As I stated last week I'd show a comparison between my team from last season and the one I just drafted.

Last season ending team:
    C: McDonald, Horcoff, Plekanec, Zubrus, Comrie, Sakic
    LW: Parise, Kunitz, J.Blake, Stillman, Perron, Fedotenko, Neal
    RW: Dumont, Kovalev, Pominville, Park
    D: Chara, Phaneuf, Wideman, Doughty, Zidlicky, MA.Bergeron, Carle
    G: Lundqvist, Bryzgalov, Conklin

This year starting team:
    C: Crosby, H.Sedin, Zajac, Connolly, Berglund, Morrison
    LW:Lucic, Huselius, O'Sullivan, Clowe, Wolski
    RW:Semin, Kane, Dumont, Clarkson, Recchi
    D: J-Bo, Bieksa, T.Kaberle, Enstrom, Yandle, Commodore
    G: Backstrom, Rinne, Theodore

I'm alot happier with my team this season and regretted taking Chara and Phaneuf in the 2nd and 3rd round last year. I focused on goalies last year but Lundy had an off season and I was in the top 3 in Wins and GAA but lower in the saves department. Hence my change in strategy from elite goalie to a solid GAA starting goalie who makes alot of saves.
    Very happy with Backstrom and Rinne. My D is not as strong as last year but my forwards are 100 times better. Should be a good year.

Don't feel bad for laughing at my team from last year cause I had a good laugh. I didnt spend much time on the WW but I hope to be more active this year.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino