Thread: Interesting trade poposal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Interesting trade poposal

So I just recieved a trade offer:

Nabokov + Erat for Iginla + Vokoun

The reason why I am hung up on this offer so much is the fact that our league has a max 82 games played at each position. We only have 2 starting goalies and only spots on the bench. This has caused a massive inlfation in the value of goalies as is illistrated by the trade that was proposed to me. I have 2 very good starters in the form of Nabokov and Lunqvist but my backup is Leclaire...(shudder). Also, the waiver wire has been extremely depleted with Toivonen, La Barbera, Tellqvist etc availible.

What I am wondering is, is the risk involved with downgrading to Vokoun worth gaining an elite forward? I have Iginla at 96pts or 517.5 fantasy points and Erat at 65pts or 330.75 fantasy points. Giving them a net difference of 186.75. I\'m not very good at predicting goalies, however, what I can tell you is that goalies recieve 10 pts per win and 10 pts per S/O. So what we\'re looking at here is the potential difference of 18 wins/shutouts in whatever combination.

Two other external factors to this trade would be that as of now Erat is my only LW. (Still waiting for Elias and Rolston to gain eligiblity). He also has D.Sedin, which I could try and pry out of him for a downgrade on Erat. Also, the owner I am dealing with has made it publicly known that he is hunting for a goalie upgrade and has been publicly dangling Iginla as trade bait. There is another very savy owner whom I know was also offered a similar offer. So I will need to act extremely fast on this one.

Any adivice is apreciated.

10 Team Yahoo Points League

C: E.Staal, Nylander
    RW: Bouchard, Hossa
    LW: Parise, Michalek
    W: Huselius
    F: Vanek
    D: Niedermayer, Corvo, Weber, Timmonen
    G: Luongo, Miller
    BN: Bergeron, Pitkanen, Ray Whitney, Kuba, Mcdonald Ward
    IR: Ryan Whitney

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re:Interesting trade poposal

The upgrade from Erat to Iginla is much greater than the upgrade from Vokoun to Nabokov... Nabbie is on of those goalies that could go down any day, I would take this deal just on the fact that Iginla >>>>> Erat...

Who is available at LW on the wire?
    12 Team Keeper Points League - Keep 5
    G(2), A(1), +/-(1), PIM(.25), PPG(1), SHG(4), GWG(2), W(5), L(-2), SHO(10)

C: Malkin, Duchene, Ribeiro
    W: Nash, Parise, Hemsky, Skinner, Stalberg, Penner
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Liles, McBain
    G: Halak, Rinne
    BN: Bieksa, Eberle, Brassard, Mueller, DiPietro, Conklin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re:Interesting trade poposal

I\'d have to agree with Sharpie. Nabokov has the chance on a great SJ team but has never played more then 50 games. Now that hes the sure fire #1 guy in SJ. He should be expected to start atleast 70 Games. This could cause him to either hurt himself or start getting tired near the end of the season.

I\'d Take Iginla and Vokoun and hope Vokoun could stay healthy and regain his old form