• Samsonov, CAR, W

0 0%
  • Theodore, WAS, G

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Final Keepers, leaning one way, but interested to see your thoughs

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Voted Hodgson.

D is where you are most desperate, but Hodgson opens up many options: trade (Hodgson has the highest value in this list), draft only D (none of the D on this list are strong enough to be considered keepers.

Looking at the rest:
    I think drafting Theo actually hurts you. It leaves you with Price as a bona fide starter, with Osgood, Varly and Theo. None of those three are money in the bank, and if another goalie is available, you'll probably pass on him because that would give you 5. I'd rather have that 4th goalie roster spot open.
    Huselius is infuriating. So streaky and never really has taken off playing under Hitchcock. I just think his streakyness will be his downfall in CBJ where the kids will take his spot when he goes cold. This did not happen in Calgary, so we knew he'd hit a hot streak again.
    Any D has to be considered. But Grebs is too far down the depth chart in Edmonton. IMO you could trade Hodgson for someone better.
    Quincey is very interesting - as the only offensive D in Colorado after Liles. But I still think Hodgson can net you someone better via trade.
    Samsonov, really?

Anyways. I think you got it figured out, I just thought you could use more thoughts on the whole thing. We get so many thoughts out of you, least we can do is chime in when asked.
    10 Team Keeper (keep 15)
    G,A,+/-, Playoffs
    F: Crosby, Malkin, Parise, Giroux, Vanek, JVR, Pavelski, Clowe, Neal, Havlat, Roy, Frolik, Hodgson, Perron, Parse, Bertuzzin, Knuble, Bourque, Read
    D: Green, Boyle, Letang, White, Gragnani, Greene, Michalek
    G: Miller,Howard, Reimer, Emery

I...am your father.

Your take on Theo was an eye-opener. Thanks for the perspective. "passing on a good goalie because it would give you 5" Nice!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hodgson is definately the safe choice, and the guy who has the most value for a trade right now, but I am in a league where you start 6D and that is a whole lot of D.

I'm going to go with Quincey, he's the wildcard to me. The take the chance type, if there is room. He seems to be a little of a late bloomer. On that Col D he is easily going to log the most minutes. (I think)

Having Kopitar and Doughty on my team I watched a lot of L.A, his ability to get the puck on the net, or just close really impressed me for a guy getting minutes for the first time.

I say take the chance that there is a 2nd gear, or hope for a quick start and who knows if someone is hurting on D and has an extra W.

da plug.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Still looking back at this Dobber. You could get Theodore, Huselius, and Quincey for Hodgson. HAHA.. I really think you can.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Dobber, I agree with keep Hodgson... have you thought about your goalie situation? It is a little worrying.

Price: Tier 2 goalie and risky as your starter. Has not yet proven to be able to start 65+ games and win them consistently.
    Osgood: Tier 2 goalie, marginal keeper option.
    Varlamov: Is a prospect and risky. Will likey split time with Theo and wont be a great fantasy option for next year.

You pick 2nd overall and I would guess Emery would be available. Yes he is risky too, but he is cheap and had big motivation to prove himself. I just think you need to do something else with your goalie situation.

cheers,

AW

I...am your father.

I kept Hodgson.

AW - you are right, but I have full confidence in Price as not only a Tier 1, but a Top 5 under Martin. Could it blow up in my face? Hell yes. But my confidence is above 75%. I am also fairly confident that at some point in the first half, Varls will be the starter. I acquired Osgood last month to be my No.3 - I think he makes great insurance. The Red Wings probably won't go with Howard so Osgood would have to lose 10 of his first 20 to lost the starting job.

It is a tenuous hold, but I think it's not too bad. I don't need to go for Emery second overall. I think he'll be there 27th and I may address it then.

Other goalies who were left unprotected:
    Rask
    Giguere
    Quick
    Bryzgalov
    Elliott
    Halak
    All Islander goalies

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

Bryzgalov. Yummy!

I...am your father.

I think my best options at No.2 are:
    Doughty, Hedman, and Voracek was actually exposed and is head and shoulders the best winger available. That makes for some heavy thought over the next couple weeks. Doughty or Voracek? Man, I need a stud D, but JV won't slide to 20

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I think my best options at No.2 are:
    Doughty, Hedman, and Voracek was actually exposed and is head and shoulders the best winger available. That makes for some heavy thought over the next couple weeks. Doughty or Voracek? Man, I need a stud D, but JV won't slide to 20
    Damn... That's a hard choice! I would be really tempted by JV too. Do you have a list of the D that will be available.

I...am your father.

D available:
    Hedman, Doughty (thus my poll on the site), Gilbert, Grebeshkkov, Quincey, Blake, Martin, Edler, McCabe, Carlson, Blum, JJ, Russell, Franson, Wisneiwski, Campoli, Yandle, Enstrom, Bogosian, Pietrangelo are the top ones

But as for wingers, after JV it drops to the likes of Huselius, Blake, Kesler (assuming he can be a wing), Perron, Lupul, O'Sully...
    Actually...I kind of like O'Sully and he may slip to 20th

Dobber Sports Giant

D available:
    Hedman, Doughty (thus my poll on the site), Gilbert, Grebeshkkov, Quincey, Blake, Martin, Edler, McCabe, Carlson, Blum, JJ, Russell, Franson, Wisneiwski, Campoli, Yandle, Enstrom, Bogosian, Pietrangelo are the top ones

But as for wingers, after JV it drops to the likes of Huselius, Blake, Kesler (assuming he can be a wing), Perron, Lupul, O'Sully...
    Actually...I kind of like O'Sully and he may slip to 20th
    There's definitely a lot of good D that will be available to you at 20th. However, if you feel that O'Sully will be there at 20th. I definitely like Doughty with your 2nd and than O'Sully. O'Sully and Voracek will probably end up at around 50-60 pts.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

D available:
    Hedman, Doughty (thus my poll on the site)
    Did you put a new poll up today? My bad, I didn't even notice and made a new one! If you want to change it back by all means go ahead.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wow, HEDMAN or DOUGHTY.. I wish I had options like that. I wouldn't even consider Voracek with those two stud D-men available.. Thats just me I guess..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I...am your father.

Big dropoff from Tavares though...too bad. Problem is, I doubt either dman stud will get to 45 this year, which will hurt my chances of competing. Then again, Voracek won't get to 60 so it's the same thing I guess.
    Angus - I got 24 hours out of my poll so I'm happy

Dobber Sports Initiate

Looking at these guys, Hodgson is the one who gets my attention. He's the guy I would love to have in my keeper.
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23