Thread: Smith or Denis

The Great One

Default Smith or Denis

Ok one more here, I have asked before but the deadline is next week for making add/drops. I have Toskala (fingers are crossed for some kind of move in SJ). Smith and Denis are available- what are the chances/timeline of either being a (consistent) starter. I am kind of bitter towards Denis as he was my top pick in an expansion draft, is there any reason to think Smith may take it from Turco?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re:Smith or Denis

Smith is more talented but I think he\'ll share duties again with Turco next season.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

The Great One

My team is rebuilding and as such i feel like i can wait on some guys (aka Toskala), does anyone think smith is locked up to be a starter somewhere/someday? He sure looks good (as does Turco, obviously), but my gut tells me that the dallas system makes a lot of goalies look good. Also as much as i may gripe about Denis he has had his share of highlight reel saves (and misses i guess) and didn\'t he play in the world juniors with good results for Canada. Again I am a first year fish so any advice you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Emu
    Oh by the way- a little off topic but our season ends in the coming week and looking over the standings, the expansion team i took escalated from 21st out of 22 to fighting for middle- around 12. and plus 500 (barely). This is thanks in no small part to dobber (version 2,0), and with this forum as active as it is I expect nothing less than greatness next year! PS thanx Lanky your insight is invauable- not just on my threads but on most of the ones i read you- thanx!
    Thanx again to all!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Emu - you need Turco to completely implode in the play-offs for Smith to have a good chance at getting the reins next season. If you\'re league doesn\'t count wins then his time share with Turco will pay-off in other categories like SV% and GAA.

I just don\'t believe Denis is starter material. TB is digging deep in the farm system with only 2 weeks to go to find an answer in goal.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray