Thread: My letter to NHL.com

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default My letter to NHL.com

From Dobber (Daily Ramblings):

\"I have a problem. NHL.com changed their stats summary to give you a list of players and their shifts (length and time) called \'TOI\' for each game. It\'s not bad...but it has replaced their shift chart. Now, at a glance it is impossible to see the line combos unless you go over every players\' chart and draw it out yourself. This impacts what news I can bring to you. I wrote to them, representing DobberHockey, The Hockey News and the Forecaster. If you could write to them as well - the more feedback the better. You can write to them here . Say you want the shift chart back! Just a quick one-sentence complaint.\"

I agree with Dobber on this one. NHL.com has to bring the shift charts back! I\'m not sure how you guys get line combo information but for me this was the best source. Now, the only way to get that info is to look at the play by play page - which if you read my letter you\'ll see is very annoying. :angry:

I suggest you bring back the shift chart page that was in place last season to determine what the line combo\'s were for each game. This new format is absolutely horrible and frustrating. I find the only way to determine the line combos is to use the play by play page. This has got to be the most frustrating page I\'ve ever visited (even worst then those mid 90\'s webpages!) As I read the page, it continually refreshes every 30 seconds. I can see how this might be usefull during a game but when you\'re trying to look up the line combos the next day it\'s almost impossible. You finally get to a section you\'re interested in (like PP time in the 3rd period) and the page refreshes which brings you back up to the top. I\'ve tried pressing the stop button on my browser but nothing seems to work. At this point, I find I have to view the page and RACE to the section I want to look at and quckly grab what info I can see. I have to do this over and over! I know a bit about web design and to take controll away from the user is a really bad idea!

Really the best solution is to bring back the shift charts that were avialble last season. Even if I can view the always refreshing stats page, it\'s hard to put all the lines together.

I\'m really frustrated with this!

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Re:My letter to NHL.com

I have also given them my two cents.

Dobber Sports Ace

this is what i wrote, if anyone wants to just copy and paste it.

Could you please put the shift chart feature back on the scores page? As one of a large population of fantasy hockey enthusiasts, it really helps in figuring out who is play with who. The only other methods involve me doing a lot of unnecessary work that the shift charts could solve.

Thanks
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

I...am your father.

Thanks guys - I hope 500 readers bombard them with notes. The message needs to get through!

So everyone: go to NHL.com\'s feedback page

At the bottom is a \'contact us here\' link. Click it and give your thoughts!

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

i\'ve also messaged two of my pools with the same link to do the same.

let\'s hope nhl.com gets the point!
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

Dobber Sports Giant

Done for me! I really hope they\'ll put it back. I can\'t count how many time I\'ve refered to it last year...

Dobber Sports Ace

I sent a short note kindly asking NHL.com to return the shift chart. Hope it helps...
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Dobberdude,

I\'ve sent such a request to NHL.com (Re. Ramblings- depth charts). I encourage other readers to do so. Therefore, we may eventually have access to depth chart info on this site.

Have a good hockey season y\'all !
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Genius

done and done
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I\'m in.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hey Dobbs. I sent my request in on Thursday morning (after the first real night of games). I noticed this new TOI crap on Sunday and figured that it was a cheap replacement because the league was too cheap to send statisticians to London, and that the shift charts would be game on for Wed. I used them every morning last year, and sent them a semi nasty email to let them know that they regressed. This new TOI really is useless as it takes WAAAYYY too much time to figure out who ended the game with who..

BUT... 3 days later and still no reply, not even an automated response. Thank you Mr. Bettman

Post edited by: Cartman, at: 2007/10/06 14:06
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap