Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation, Karma and "Title"

I...am your father.

u need a certain amount of rep points before you can give them. I just gave each of you five more, so I think that should be enough to get each of you active now. It should work.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well I WAS able to do it before and I have been able to do it with IE. It's just odd *shrug*

Dobber Sports Giant

There's something I find weird... How come I'm able to give reputation while my "Rep Power" is 0?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Clearly it's because you're freaking Darth Vadar!!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Clearly it's because you're freaking Darth Vadar!!
    HAHA! You didn't like my new look?

Doulos, I'm your father!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh the new look is fine. There's no way I am disagreeing with Darth Vadar.

I...am your father.

I think you can give rep points, but you'd just be giving zero (not sure though). I upped you further, so maybe now you'll have a number there.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I think you can give rep points, but you'd just be giving zero (not sure though). I upped you further, so maybe now you'll have a number there.
    Thanks! This reputation is definitely weird as it looks like I jumped from 0 to 8 with your boost! I guess it's probably related to the issue you mentioned in the first post of this thread (historical problem)...

Dobber Sports Star

So posters who were on the other board system aren't able to give reputation until someone has bumped them over the 10 threshold, but new signups start with 10? That's kinda lame - something that VB should probably know about, given the inconvenience.

I like the implementation though - makes good sense, all around.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dobber, seems to me that you need to activate something so that a user's "rep count" is shown on their posts. It says in FAQ that we can choose to display our "rep count" or hide it by going to our user cp and controlling the view by checking or unchecking a box - it ain't there.

I think folks are giving out "rep" and expecting the "rep power" indicator to increase and of course it doesn't.

Someone's "rep power" isn't a particularly useful indicator of anything to the common user.

SCRATCH THAT!!! I got it now - the little icon (mine is green at the moment is the rep count indicator - more icons will be added as rep count grows) - still can't find the check box to allow me to not let my rep count show however.

So Dobber's rep count is neutral gray if I give him rep it should show green - let's try it.
    Last edited by Shoeless; July 14, 2009 at 6:11 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Bingo - turned Dobber's little rep count button green.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ooh if there is a way for me to turn my rep count thing off I'd like to do that!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

apparently but don't confuse "rep power" with "rep count" they aren't the same thing

rep power = ability to give rep points
    rep count = the number of rep points you have been given - little green icon in your case.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wouldn't mind turning off both but given the choice, my rep count would be my first choice.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well by the looks of it, the rep count icons are going to be slow to add so I am guessing most of us will be in the peloton for quite some time.