Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bug Priorities

I...am your father.

Just look at it like this - if you click the last post, then literally all you are going to see is the last post. If you want to see the entire thread, go into the section and click the entire thread. I pretty much got that mindset from the first day. Now I never have a cutoff problem unless I fully expect one in advance (by just wanting to quickly read the last post).
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not sure what you are trying to say exactly.

All I know is that I click on Forums. Then I click on the Forum I want to take a look at (ie Other) Then I click on the Thread I want to read. Then I find a screwed up thread.

What am I doing wrong?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Unless I open the link in a new tab and get out of Dobbers frames (?) layout (which never use to happen before), I can't get the specific link for the thread. Its just always http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-forums.html.

Which is always why when you click back on your browser you go to the home page and not the actually previous page I was on. Annoying.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say exactly.

All I know is that I click on Forums. Then I click on the Forum I want to take a look at (ie Other) Then I click on the Thread I want to read. Then I find a screwed up thread.

What am I doing wrong?
    You aren't clicking the main thread. You are doing what you (and I) always used to do in the old forum. We click the "last post". Now that cuts off some of the posts up top and we are unable to scroll up to see them.

However, if you just click the main thread and start from the first post, or click one of the page numbers, you are free to scroll and read any thread.

Letnry - Not being able refresh is indeed annoying, but I got over it after it happened to me the second time. Now I don't refresh, I just browse and come back.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

It looks like any way I try and get into the threads it cuts off posts for me.

If I right click and 'Open Link in New Tab' then my problem is fixed.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

..... ooooooooor just browse the forums themselves without the structure from the rest of the site. Big deal to have two bookmarks. Using the forum by itself removes any and all annoyances with cutoffs, faulty URLs or trouble refreshing.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

In the grand scheme of the Universe it's no big deal, I agree.

However, in the scheme of usability for me personally, well I've been using the Dobberhockey website a certain way for years now. I go to Dobberhockey.com, checkk out the articles and the ramblings on the front page and then head into the forums through the website.

Sure I can try and change those habits, but one of the big things about the internet is most of what makes certain things popular and usable by populations of people is that they have becoome "used" to doing things a certain way.

Take Microsoft coming out with their Bing Search engine. The biggest challenge they have to beating google is that people are SO used to typing google.com or searching through the google search window in their browser. IN order to get people away from that Microsoft somehow has to change people's brain muscles into somehow being redirected to their search engine instead of google. Bing is actually a better search engine then google in many ways but they have a big challenge ahead of them.

All of this to say - Sure I could change my habits in the way that I access and use the Dobberhockey website. I could set up a second bookmark and try and remember to use that second bookmark every time I want to access the forums. And if that is the ONLY option then I might not have any other choice. But it is very counterintuitive to the way I have been using the website over the course of years now is my point.

So if there is any way at all to fix the problem (on my end) then I am going to try and find that out before trying to rethink the way I use the website.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, I agree. But then again, my experience is that getting a new habit in there usually goes pretty fast. The "getting used to" period, I mean. It took me less than an hour to remember to use the new forum bookmark that I have just below the regular Dobberhockey bookmark. Two tabs, no biggie. We'll all get used to it. All in all, though, I'm really excited about the new forum and its functions.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Anyways it looks like that by 'tabbing' into the forums I can avoid the scrolling problems at times so that's goo enough for me.

I...am your father.

I'd hate to make the forums completely seperate, like they are with HFboards and HockeysFuture...but it has crossed my mind to eliminate the top, side and bottom dobberhockey frame from the forum. Still thinking...

Dobber Sports Giant

Well, I know it's hard to change habits (they said it normally take 21 days), but I don't have any issue the way I'm using it (it's even better than before). I keep the forums page open (where I use the "Quick Links - Today's post") and then open up each thread I like from that page in another tab.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'd hate to make the forums completely seperate, like they are with HFboards and HockeysFuture...but it has crossed my mind to eliminate the top, side and bottom dobberhockey frame from the forum. Still thinking...
    I will continue using it separately from the rest of the site mainly because I want to get the URLs correct, plus it helps the moderating, merging threads and whatnot, since you need the correct URLs for that.

My habit when web browsing the last few years is to have 10+ tabs open with FireFox all the time, so it's not that big of a deal for me to have Dobberhockey in one tab and the forum in another.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post

first, when I go to page 2 (or 3, 4, etc.) of a thread/discussion, I get bumped to the bottom of the thread and have to scroll back to the top to continue reading.

similarly, when I try to add a reply in advanced mode, I get bumped to the bottom of the page and have to scroll back to the top.
    I am having this as well, is there anything that can be done about it?
    It is annoying to have to scroll back to the top every time you change pages.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'll probably get used to it and enjoy it but at this point and time I don't feel like taking time to learn how all of this works. I liked the old forum better. Heck, I even lost close to 160 karma points also- I invested a lot of time and found some enjoyment in accumulating those. Oh well... The site still rocks though.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

I...am your father.

Will hopefully have the 'bottom of the page' issue and the 'cut off when I click last post' issue resolved soon.

Richer - I'll boost your rep power each time I see your post. You've been great and I will reward you until you're back up where you should be buddy!