Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bug Priorities

Dobber Sports Expert

real quick, after editing a message, you are unable to scroll to the top of all the messages in that thread. the top is cut off...
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

The Great One

A few things (and I apologize if these have already been reported):

first, when I go to page 2 (or 3, 4, etc.) of a thread/discussion, I get bumped to the bottom of the thread and have to scroll back to the top to continue reading.

similarly, when I try to add a reply in advanced mode, I get bumped to the bottom of the page and have to scroll back to the top.

second, and this might not be a bug but a "user error", but I can't seem to find a way to edit my signature. Anyone help me out there?

third, anyone else notice all the backslashes that proceed an apostrophe?

-dawg
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Don't know if someone notice that but he players profiles page is not working.

When you click players profiles the page display but when you click on a letter you got : 404 - Component not found.

Just to let you know !

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Raccer View Post

When you click players profiles the page display but when you click on a letter you got : 404 - Component not found.

Just to let you know !
    Same for here. I'm pretty sure Dobber has this on his long "TO-DO" list! But he'll get there eventually!

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, I would check but I am too frustrated trying to navigate through the forums. I'll click on a topic and about 4-5 posts in the page will just cut off and I cannot view the next few posts. This will happen at the top of the page sometimes too. It will stop for a bit and then start doing it again. I've tried fiddling with my settings, it seemed to work at first, but nothing I've done has fixed it. Not permanently anyways. I hate to complain, but man o man it's really becoming frustrating trying to vew the forums.....

If this has already been mentioned, my bad!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned already, I would check but I am too frustrated trying to navigate through the forums. I'll click on a topic and about 4-5 posts in the page will just cut off and I cannot view the next few posts. This will happen at the top of the page sometimes too. It will stop for a bit and then start doing it again. I've tried fiddling with my settings, it seemed to work at first, but nothing I've done has fixed it. Not permanently anyways. I hate to complain, but man o man it's really becoming frustrating trying to vew the forums.....

If this has already been mentioned, my bad!
    It has been mentioned RR - if you click the last post, the page is screwed up. For now, you have click the section first, then the thread, and then scroll to the last post. I'll work on that one over the weekend or on Monday.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccer View Post

Just to let you know !

I actually didn't know about this one. It's an easy - but a long fix. I'll have to put that one off until the middle of next week as I have to fix each link one by one. Unless someone with admin status wants to volunteer? Please? Hahahaha

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Super Moderator

Hey Dobber,

Not a biggie but I had a couple of bookmarks from the old forum. Will there be a way to retrieve that stuff or is it just completely gone. I'm hoping there's a way for it but no big deal either way. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It also effects any old google searches for Dobberhockey forum posts.

I...am your father.

Old forum bookmarks are gone. The new indexing system of every page on this site is much more search engine friendly, so in the end google searches will improve. It will just be rocky to start with for now.

Dobber Sports Sage

Nice work Dobs... all coming together..... loving the new site as I get more familiar with it!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Nice work Dobs... all coming together..... loving the new site as I get more familiar with it!
    Can't agree more with you RR! I simply love it! All of this in about a week!!

You worked pretty damn hard over the past week Dobber and we can all see it! Congrats again!

Dobber Sports Guru

I seem to have it where I open a forum and it won't allow me to scroll down the entire way. Does anybody else get this? It might be a problem with my settings -- it'll show me 2-3 posts, then cut off and I can't reply or click ahead. I switched the thread mode to "Hybrid" so I could choose to look at further posts, but it's still annoying.

Any ideas?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I seem to have it where I open a forum and it won't allow me to scroll down the entire way. Does anybody else get this? It might be a problem with my settings -- it'll show me 2-3 posts, then cut off and I can't reply or click ahead. I switched the thread mode to "Hybrid" so I could choose to look at further posts, but it's still annoying.

Any ideas?
    If only we could consolidate all the bug threads... this is probably the sixth time I answer this question

It's not a forum bug. It's a result of Dobber using a certain layout method to integrate the forum with his website layout.

Use this address if you don't want to be bothered with page cutoffs and so on: http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/index.php
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

While it might not be a bug per se, it is highly annoying. I shouldn't have to have 2 bookmarks to avoid having the forum be all bugged out on me.

I wonder if this can be addressed down the road as it's really annoying.