Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SEMIN OR ZETTERBERG?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default SEMIN OR ZETTERBERG?

I\'m in a deep keeper league and I can only protect one of those 2 from a turnover draft we will be holding.

I am leaning towards Semin due to age and upside and the fact zetts may be losing Datsyuk and is a bit of a band-aid star in the making.

What do you think? I have backstrom on the way so AO,Semin, and Backstrom together in my keepers would be a pretty cool factor as well.

Thanks!
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:SEMIN OR ZETTERBERG?

I think Z will be in the 90 pt + range, so my choice would be him.....

Dobber Sports Initiate

That\'s a tough choice! If you count +/-, I\'d go with Zetterberg unless the Capitals add some real defence.

Dobber Sports Expert

Zetterberg does not need Datsyuk to be a star, especially with the emerging talent in Detroit. Semin has almost no one else to work with in Washington - I think you should stick with Z.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well I wouldn\'t call Backstrom no one. Doesn\'t his addition only mean semin will get better?

AO, Semin, Backstrom, Fehr, Fleischmann seems pretty good in the top 6.

Post edited by: projectreturns, at: 2007/03/21 22:56
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Expert

I think it\'s a stretch to think Semin is in Zetterberg\'s league. just my opinion.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Semin might be a star but he also might be a player that only gets 60 points next year. He might also tell the caps to shove it if he doesn\'t get big money and not play out his contract. Zetterberg is a player that can be identified as a KEEPER. If you keep semin over zetterberg you don\'t really know that much about players abilities, fantasy hockey, or just hockey in general. I would love to be in that league so I could pick up Zett\'s as a FA.. Where do I sign up??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Zorro wrote:
    Semin might be a star but he also might be a player that only gets 60 points next year. He might also tell the caps to shove it if he doesn\'t get big money and not play out his contract. Zetterberg is a player that can be identified as a KEEPER. If you keep semin over zetterberg you don\'t really know that much about players abilities, fantasy hockey, or just hockey in general. I would love to be in that league so I could pick up Zett\'s as a FA.. Where do I sign up??
    Don\'t be a jerk dude. When your other 4 keepers are AO, Crosby, Malkin, and Heatley I think you know SOMETHING about fantasy hockey.

My team is so good Zett\'s is on the edge.

Since when is essentially (I know semin isn\'t a rookie) a 40 goal rookie debut not someone to consider as a keeper?

2 months ago people treated Zetts like they treat Zherdev now. How quickly people forget. He is a band-aid boy and I don\'t think it is a question that deserves ya tone. Don\'t act like it is so obvious!

Post edited by: projectreturns, at: 2007/03/22 01:09

Post edited by: projectreturns, at: 2007/03/22 01:11

Post edited by: projectreturns, at: 2007/03/22 01:12

Well bottom line is Zetts is a proven performer just entering his prime whereas Semin is NOT a proven keeper...granted he could be, but ya have to remember names like Selivanov and Kontos etc.....they lit it up one year too.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

dynamo45 wrote:
    Well bottom line is Zetts is a proven performer just entering his prime whereas Semin is NOT a proven keeper...granted he could be, but ya have to remember names like Selivanov and Kontos etc.....they lit it up one year too.
    Yeah zetts is definately the safer pick it seems.

Well plus he is only 3 years older than Semin, and as of earlier tonite, he had 1 more point than Semin in 6 less games....anyway, good luck on the decision...

Dobber Sports Pro

i agree with the majority in which you keep zetterberg. much more proven and on a proven team with a solid defensive core. also you mentioned age, unless its a long long keeper league, i don\'t think it plays that big of a factor because i don\'t think that zetterberg is going to retirement anytime soon or at the age where his skills will diminish. i remember the reason zetterberg went on his long cold streak was cuz one of his injuries was still bugging him and then once he fully recovered we saw the old zetterberg\'s true colours again. and i think ppl will be less surprised to see semin on the FA than zetterberg but i see what you mean by its not so obvious.
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah I like this comparison. Been up and down on it for half the year lol. Obviously Semin is doing much more than anything Zetts did at his age so he is very interesting. I mean 40 goals!

I am also partial to taking risks cuz it has been pretty successful for me. I traded Brad Richards for Malkin before he had played a game this year and that worked out. Semin has always been so highly hyped and fulfilled beyond expecatations and that makes him seem like a pretty sure bet to continue as well.

But who knows. I can decide at the end of the season which is nice. Too bad zetts is on the shelf lol.

Dobber Sports Pro

also does your league go into playoffs? cuz if so although detroits been getting kicked out the first round, they\'re atleast making the playoffs , so it depends on how long your keeper league goes for because i don\'t think the capitals are playoff bound for a few more years (need to draft a young prospect goalie/upgrade defence)
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Actually looks like varlamov will slide in nicely when kolzig is done.

No it is a yahoo league. Playoffs don\'t matter. With the whole age thing I am just wondering if semins season is a sign that he will be a bit better a scorer than zetts is now entering his prime. Really really splitting hairs I guess since Zetts is pretty close to the top. Although he can\'t stay on the ice anymore lol... and if he does play injured... slump hehe.

So yeah anyway no playoffs to worry about. In that case it would be a no brainer. Detroit always digs up someone to keep the team rollin lol.

Post edited by: projectreturns, at: 2007/03/22 02:03