Thread: Tier 2 LT wingers for 08-09

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Tier 2 LT wingers for 08-09

How would you rank and what sorta numbers do you expect from the following LT wingers given G, A, PPP, PIM, GWG and plus/minus:

Nash, Vanek, Semin, Sedin, Morrow, Cammalleri, Gagne, Tanguay
    Datsyuk, Getzlaf, Kesler(IR), RNH
    Wheeler, Franzen, Gagner
    Parise, Benn, Tanguay, Cammalleri
    Pieterangelo, Enstrom(IR),
    Howard, Hiller, Kipper(IR)

12 team H2H, positional requirements, G, A, PPP, PIM, Plus/Minus, GWG, SO, Wins, GAA and Save%.
    1 Year League

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i would really like to see your list of tier 1 LT wingers....is it just ovechkin?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Praba, you\'re a funny guy.

Obviously he must consider Kovachuk, Heatley and Parise as Tier 1 LW players with Ovie, but a lot of his list should be there too.

I\'d probably rate them as follows:

Nash - Coming into his own. Should get a boatload of goals to go with SOG and PIMs. Wait and see what happens when Hitch goes and Filatov matures.

Vanek - Lot of goals. Should be a PPG player. Not too many PIMs but lots of shots.

Semin - Too much of a band-aid boy at this point in his career to rate higher. Could be rated at the top if he could stay healthy year over year.

Sedin - Steady 80+ point production. Not a lot of PIMS though.

Cammalleri - Proved he has what it takes this year in Cal. I think a lot depends where he ends up and the chemistry he develops on his new team.

Gagne - Always one hit away from career-ending hit in my mind. If healthy, he can put up PPG production. Light on PIMs.

Morrow - An across the board stud. Won\'t get the points of the other guys above him but will make up for it as he is multi-cat guy. Be aware of his band-aid boy tendency; otherwise, still fantasy viable for next few years.

Tanguay - Good all around talent but not quite the same level as the 1st half dozen players on this list. Still a good addition though. Likely on a new team next season.

Dobber Sports Ace

hahah yah sorry I consider AO, Kovie, Heater, Zetterberg and Parise as the Tier 1 LT wingers in a one year league.
    So would you draft Semin over Sedin over Morrow in a one year league?
    Datsyuk, Getzlaf, Kesler(IR), RNH
    Wheeler, Franzen, Gagner
    Parise, Benn, Tanguay, Cammalleri
    Pieterangelo, Enstrom(IR),
    Howard, Hiller, Kipper(IR)

12 team H2H, positional requirements, G, A, PPP, PIM, Plus/Minus, GWG, SO, Wins, GAA and Save%.
    1 Year League

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would. Great high risk reward on Semin. If he stays healthy for the season he scores 90.

If your a little more conservative with your picks you really can\'t go wrong with D.Sedin.

Morrow is a good sleeper pick, but Id still put the other 2 ahead of him by quite a bit.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would rank the top 20 left wingers for next season as so (with point predictions in brackets).

These rankings are based on points totals first, and then taking into account injury concern, line mates and overall value.

1. Ovechkin (110): No Brainer.

2. Ilya Kovalchuk (95): 40 goals every year, prime, plays 80+ games and now has a good young player to play with (Little).

3. Zach Parise (95): A young superstar with 100 point potential, Parise is a natural goal scorer who has yet to miss an NHL game.

4. Dany Heatley (88): Even after all the turnmoil, and injury concerns in Ottawa, Dany still put up 40 goals, again (okay... 39). He asked for a trade and he will be playing with some sexy linemates next year (you can count on it). A natural goal scorer with few injury concerns. 90+ point potential, 50 goal potential.

5. Henrik Zetterberg (85): With a down year this past season, and soon to be coming off a Conn Smyth-type playoff performance. Zetts is due for another over-a-point-per-game season. He will be playing with incredible linemates. If he can stay healthy, he\'s got 90+ point potential.

6. Alexander Semin (84): Semin was a top 5 fantasy player (WHEN HE PLAYED) last season. But with a few injury riddled seasons under his belt, you can\'t trust him to play 80 games just yet. That being said, he was still top 5 in the league in points-per-game. He is playing on the best line in the NHL and should see ample scoring opportunities. He is a high risk, high reward type player, but the potential for near 100 points is too much to pass up. I predict 70 games and 84 points for this goal-scoring Russian sniper.

7. Rick Nash (83): Finally coming into his own, and entering a contract season, you can pencil in Nash for 40+ goals and 40+ assists next season. With a (hopefully) healthy Brassard, and a young up-and-coming squad, Columbus should see their offense improve, and Nash\'s points will go up in parallel. Can\'t go wrong with a go-to, franchise-player, goal-scoring winger on a playoff team.

8. Thomas Vanek (79): Another 40 goal scoring lefty with potential for 80 points. Slight injury concerns will hold him back from moving up a few slots, but for now, Vanek is a near lock to be a top 10 lefty next season. He\'s got something to prove and I expect a big year from him.

9. Daniel Sedin (78): Sedin will get you about 30 goals, and about 50 assists. You can bank on it.

10. Mike Cammalleri (74): Expect a drop-off in production after a contract year, but I still think Cammy is good for around 74 points. Matching his near 40 goal performance of last season may be a stretch, but he\'s still a hard working Canadian with the ability to get to the net. As of right now there is no word on where he will play next season, which could effect his fantasy value.

11. Patrik Elias (71)
    12. Ray Whitney (70)
    13. Simon Gagne (68)
    14. Louis Eriksson (68)
    15. Alex Tanguay (67)
    16. Johan Franzen (65)
    17. Brendan Morrow (65)
    18. David Booth(62)
    19. Alexander Frolov (61)
    20. Chris Versteeg(60)

Right after Morrow is get\'s hard to gauge values at this point. With plenty of guys with the ability to make a huge leap (David Perron, Clowe, Hudler, Vermette, O\'Sullivan etc.)

I think there is a tier 1 (Ovvy, Kovvy, Zach, Zetts and Heats), and then a tier 2 (Semin, Nash, Vanek, Sedin).

After that it really breaks wide open.
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask