Thread: Would you be confident with these 4 goalies?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Would you be confident with these 4 goalies?

I fully believe I can play for the win next season and could have done well last year except for my goalies. (team in sig.)

Does everyone think I have a chance with these four, dressing 2 per week in a H2H keeper? (stats also in sig.)

Price - can he bounce back from a poor sophomore season, or is he going to be a huge bust?

Osgood - can he follow up a stellar playoffs with a great regular season or will he stink like last year?

Halak - will he play enough to be worth keeping?

Varlamov - is he the real deal, and how many starts will he get?
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Your goalie cats are W, SV% and GAA? Are there min starts for goalies in your league?

Dobber Sports Stud

if you dont have min games played per week i wouldnt keep halak. if you do i would cause all your goalies are like 50 game goalies and there might be weeks you only get 1 start.
    12 teams H2H Yahoo
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG... W SV%

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1utility 2g 3bench

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Karlsson, Giordano, Green, Krug
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Nyquist, Ennis, Soderberg, Hemsky

Letang IR

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think you have enough either way.

Count Price/Halak as one goalie, obviously. If you manage them better than the Habs, you\'ll get some good stats.

Osgood remains G1A on a very good team, whatever he does. Varmalov is at least G1B for the Caps. Watch your FA/waiver wire options here, and you\'ll manage fine without an upgrade pre-draft, I figure.

my .02, worth much, much, more

Dobber Sports Initiate

Shoeless wrote:
    Your goalie cats are W, SV% and GAA? Are there min starts for goalies in your league?
    correct on the categories, Shoeless. I must dress 2 each week and each one must play at least once. (even a relief appearance is ok)
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well with only 2 appearances a week, you would have to be pretty unlucky to not get them in with the goalies you have. Better than average goalies for the most part - kinda sucky year for Osgood and Price but I doubt you will see a repeat of that.

I could yak on forever about what might happen, what could happen but I guess in the end I wouldn\'t be unhappy carrying these guys into the next season. I see you as being competitive each week in GAA and SV% and if things get goofy you might struggle to compete in wins - but I think the law of averages is on your side. I sure wouldn\'t mind having this set of goalies in my H2H. I had Halak but traded him because I didn\'t have Price.

I think you\'ll be just fine with these goalies. Price before his injury was outstanding. It seems pretty obvious that he came back too soon and was NOT over his injury. I think he returns to form this year.

Varlamov should get every chance to show what he can do in Was. I think he at least splits time with Theodore pretty evenly unless Theo becomes a total bust.

Osgood should do better than last year. Even if his numbers are not elite, he should get a pile of wins for you. Halak is insurance in Mtl, so I\'d keep him. He may even become trade bait, so this could be a plus for you.

Dobber Sports Genius

Price - Potential elite. Look for 60 games next year and a bounce back by Montreal & Price. He\'ll win at least 1/2 the games he starts. Still a very elite young player in Fantasy. Not to be compared with others on this list. He\'s got more value than all the rest combined, by a wide margin.
    60 32 .915 5SO

Osgood - The bigger question is who is he paired with? Two options in Detroit, a 50/50 scenario like the last couple of seasons, but not involving Jimmy Howard. Osgood gets 60 starts paired with Howard. Do you really believe that the Wings go with Osgood/Howard next year? If you do, he\'s a 100 point goalie. I have Osgood, I wonder that they will sign someone. Fernandez, Roloson, Anderson, Conklin, Legace... for not more than $1.0M. Someone that fits into their dressing room really well and that gives them the 1A, 1B scenario they\'ve had the last couple of years.
    60 40 .910 5SO
    40 22 .908 3SO

Halak - he will eventually get his opportunity, but not in Montreal. When does he get pushed on down the path? When this contract expires, I see him finding a new home.
    20 9 .910 1SO

Varlamov - Wild value in Fantasy at the moment. Yes, one of the top 5 up and comers. I\'m not convinced he\'s got the deal all sewed up just yet though. He\'s leading the pack in Washington, for a moment. Many things could happen here though, including being usurped by Theo, Johnson, someone else, Neuvirth... Looks pretty good. If I had him, I\'d be looking to move him while he\'s in \'Sell High\' mode. In return I\'d want a proven commodity. Someone else gets the risk/reward. Two times in three, I would win the deal. The third time, I pout a bit as I\'ve lost a great young player! See if someone else in your pool is \'rebuilding\' and has a proven netminder that you really like. Offer Varlamov + to get the sure thing in return. As far as next years points totals. Many scenarios for Varlamov.

Administrator

I\'d be comfortable going with those guys as my tenders for next season but if I\'m going for it, then I\'d want to go into overkill mode and grab someone I know to be elite. JHM makes a solid suggestion on the Varlamov front. Even though I think he\'s the real deal, I\'m as confident in him starting less than 50 games next year as I am that he will be an elite goaltender. He has a great future ahead of him but he would be the guy to deal to get a bonafide starter in there.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think you\'ll be fine. Price has to be better then he was last year. Halak?? Well atleast you have him as a crutch if something happens the Price.

Osgood, well he plays for Detroit and his back-up will probably be Jimmy Howard next year so you will be fine. The only thing to worry about is Osgood going into the playoffs will be a little bit tired. Unless they re-sign Conklin, who knows..

Varlamov.. Hmmmmmm.. I think the Capitals will work on this kid during the summer and get him ready for the long-haul. Its always tough to predict how a young goalie will do especially from Europe because he hasn\'t played a full 82 game season plus playoffs. But I would bet on Varlamov, he looks like the real deal..

I think you are good to go..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Initiate

thanks all - I\'ll explore what Varlamov could get, but I won\'t try to hard to shop him.

It\'s great to have all of you to bounce these things off.