Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: burns new article - chris simon

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re:burns new article - chris simon

That\'s what I\'m saying... the globe is far more favorable to the western teams, because when they play in the east they are playing at what would be like 2 or 3 in the afternoon their time. When eastern teams play in the west though (unless the games start at like 5 or earlier western time), the eastern teams will just starting games at what would normally be 10 or 11 their time.

I imagine that since the stanley cup finals are such a \"ratings boost\" :whistle: for any network that carries them though, that the western games might start around 4 or 5 (8 or 9 eastern time) so that people that watch the games out east watch them before they go to bed.

I don\'t really remember what they traditionally do in this case during the stanley cup finals, but I know (tv ratings wise), many of the bigger baseball, football, and basketball games start in the afternoon on the west coast so that the east coast watches them at a \"normal\" hour. Same thing goes with the Oscars and all those hollywood events. They start at like 3 pm western time.

Just a thought. Does anyone know how the finals schedule is designed to work? Do they have afternoon games in the west?
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Expert

i don\'t think playing at 2 or 3 in the afternoon \"their time\" is an advantage for the western teams. it must really disrupt their daily routine, especially when it comes to eating and naps. I would think it is a disadvantage.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In regards to the Simon being Native American
    I don\'t want to stir the cultural melting pot but Simon is not Native American. Neither is Nolan. They are Canadian.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dobber wrote:
    I agree with the Buffalo timezone thing, however it may be a disadvantage if they play the Canucks, flames, or Ducks in the finals. After all, those three teams are used to heavy travel. Buffalo...not so much. They won\'t know what hit\'em! They\'ll be falling asleep on the ice in every road game!
    With their luck, they\'ll face Detroit in the final.:P
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07