Thread: Erik Johnson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Erik Johnson

I have Erik Johnson in my Keeper League and I am contemplating trading him to upgrade my team for next season. Hockey\'s Future has him as the top prospect... so this is a good selling point. The only thing.. I\'d like to know what you guys think of his upside and if he will make an immediate impact? I have Jack Johnson, Bourdon, Marc Staal and Smid as well. So as you can see, I need some experience d-men.
    11 Teams Keeper League
    Start 12 FWDs, 6 Ds & 2 Gs

F: Getzlaf, Perry, Backstrom, Parise, Iginla, D. Roy, Hudler, Antropov, Tanguay, Weiss, A. Kostitsyn, Huselius, Steen, Gerbe, Radulov
    D: Markov, R. Whitney, Letang, Carlson, OEL, Del Zotto, Rundblad, White, Kindl
    G: Kiprusoff, Halak, Bernier

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re:Erik Johnson

Try to trade M. Staal !

He\'s the next Chris Phillips !

I agree. Try to keep the 2 Johnsons & Bourdon. Trade Staal & Smid to get an experienced Dman.

The 2 Johnsons might play as soon as next year.

Blue.
    Kids, you tried your best and failed miserably. Lesson is, never try. -Homer Simpson.

I am planning to get rid of Staal. As for Smid, I have a feeling he will take a little longer to reach his potential.
    11 Teams Keeper League

F: Getzlaf, Perry, Backstrom, Parise, Iginla, D. Roy, Hudler, Antropov, Tanguay, Weiss, A. Kostitsyn, Huselius, Steen, Gerbe, Radulov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Cube - trade him for??? Are there some players that you are targeting in the trade that we can see? Without knowing who you are contemplating trading him for I can only say \"hang onto your Johnson\"
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Bourdon, Staal and Smid will all be defensive minded dmen, you should trade them soon when there value is somewhat high. Both Johnsons could be in the NHL next season. I think Jack could step in and provide some offense on the Kings blueline, while I think Erik will take a couple years before his offense really starts to show, like Bouwmeester. Erik Johnson should be expendable, but it depends on what you get in return.

I\'m not sure yet, Loki. I\'m weak on attack and in goal as well. So I was thinking of using E. Johnson to improve in one of those areas. I\'m targeting guys like Whitney or Phaneuf on D.. Richards or Thornton (I will most likely have to add another player to make a deal like that happen) and finally, Miller or Fleury (I\'ll add my Fernandez).
    I tried doing a deal early in the season... my Langkow & E. Johnson for Kopitar & Meszaros.. but the Commish deemed it an unfair trade .
    11 Teams Keeper League

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Erik Johnson will have a bigger rookie impact than Phaneuf. He is better than Pronger was at the same age. This guy is going to be the best defenseman in the league.

Big, fast, huge shot, positionally solid, nasty streak. Complete package.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Qube wrote:
    I tried doing a deal early in the season... my Langkow & E. Johnson for Kopitar & Meszaros.. but the Commish deemed it an unfair trade .
    Unfair how? I guess we\'re going back into the stupid vetos and why does everyone want to veto everything...
    12 Team H2H - Keep 8+2 NHL Rookies

G(1), A(1), GWG(1), SHG(1), HT(2), W(2), SO(3)

Weekly Line-ups - Start 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

F: Crosby, Stepan, Gaudreau, Puljujarvi, Radulov, Wheeler, Buchnevich, Burakovsky, Domi, Fiala, Hertl, A. Nylander, Reinhart, B. Ritchie
    D: Carlson, Giordano, Leddy, Ellis, Maatta, Orlov
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov

09/10 and 10/11 Champion
    08/09 and 11/12 Runner-up

Wow Angushmy: ... you really feel he is going to be that good right away. Doesn\'t big D-men take longer to develop?! Plus, he is on St-Louis.. not a whole lot of great players there. Anyway, I\'m glad you feel this way.. maybe I\'ll keep E. Johnson after all.
    Hehe.. I know Stannic! I was so pissed off when the Commish vetoed it. I worked so hard convincing the other player into making that deal.
    He said that Kopitar is worth way more than Langkow. I do feel that the deal was in my favor.. but hey, that\'s the point.. if wasn\'t I wouldn\'t have made that trade. Beside, I don\'t think it was that lopsided.:dry:
    11 Teams Keeper League

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

he looked bored at times in the NCAA this year. Can\'t wait to see his transition. Hopefully the Blues pair him with a vet so he can start to showcase his offensive game early.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Cube - I like all the guys you are targeting. Most either in or entering their primes. I gotta believe E.Johnson will be on some kind of learning curve. I\'d move EJ to get any one of them.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

angus wrote:
    Erik Johnson will have a bigger rookie impact than Phaneuf. He is better than Pronger was at the same age. This guy is going to be the best defenseman in the league.

Are you saying that he\'s going to have better numbers than Phaneuf\'s rookie season?

wow....I got to draft him now.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

fergie26 wrote:
    angus wrote:

Are you saying that he\'s going to have better numbers than Phaneuf\'s rookie season?

wow....I got to draft him now.
    not sure if he will have better numbers. Phaneuf came into a good situation, he was sheltered a bit behind Regehr and got a lot of PP time. Johnson will have a bigger IMPACT in my opinion, in terms of play and overall contribution.