Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Box

I...am your father.

Default Re:Suggestion Box

diablos wrote:
    DOBBER how bout having a seperate catergory \"team list/news\" were us a fans of the teams can either talk about the team specifically or player/advice.

Will probably clean up a lot of the forums with double posts -players etc...
    Eventually, but it hasn\'t grown enough yet...getting there though...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Dobber wrote:
    Nehithaw wrote:
    I\'ve got a suggestion for you Dobber.

How about some kind of search engine of some sort on the site to search for any information on a specific player or topic? For example, as it is now, if I\'m searching for information on Jordan Staal, I have to do it manually and search through every page of each forum section. This process is time consuming. With the continuing growth of your great site , the pages on the forums are getting lengthier by the day.

If the idea were to be implemented, one could enter a name or topic into the search function and all names or topics pertaining to that search would show up, thus eliminating all of the manual searching of every page on every forum section.

It would be totally understandable if this weren\'t to be undertaken, but would be greatly appreciated if it could.

Thanks again for your positive contribution to the fantasy hockey world.<br><br>Post edited by: Nehithaw, at: 2007/06/21 20:05
    Have you tried the \"search\" option on the left menu? I use it all the time. I type a player name and bam - 10 articles where he is mentioned, in chronological order.

Similarly, there is a \"search\" option just for the forum which I have used as well. Sometimes I use it to see what a certain poster has been saying. I type in the name of the poster and all of his posts are listed...
    :blush: :blush: :blush:

:laugh: Thanks Dobber, didn\'t notice those options.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hey Dobbs... not sure if it has been suggested already but how about a \"Depth Chart\" section showing - where you think - players sit on an organization\'s depth chart - and showing real line combos. The ones that I have found online are usually out of date, and am forced to look at nhl.com\'s shift chart to figure it out. But in the offseason, there is no such thing. This kind of info is great for poolies.
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap

Dobber Sports Apprentice

not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, if so my bad. i don\'t think it would be possible anyway but you never know.

is it possible for individual users to have a folder to store important threads that they don\'t want to forget about. for instance if you were looking for a keeper pool it might take some time to get a response, you could put that thread in your folder and periodically check on it. this would also work for the suggestion of keeping your own threads together or stockpiling information on a specific topic you want. i would imagine it would prolly suck up a ton of memory tho and prolly be a pain in the butt to set up but i\'m not sure. would sure help tho cause i seem to forget where a lot of posts i was interested in have gone lol.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Hey Dobb et al,

Any thoughts of putting a small comment next to the top 300 rankings anytime there is a jump/drop of more than 5 spots? I just went through my team and noticed that Kaberle jumped 50 spots and Ju Williams went up 10 for no apparent reason. It would be nice to have an explanation.

I...am your father.

derrickroul wrote:
    Hey Dobbs... not sure if it has been suggested already but how about a \"Depth Chart\" section showing - where you think - players sit on an organization\'s depth chart - and showing real line combos. The ones that I have found online are usually out of date, and am forced to look at nhl.com\'s shift chart to figure it out. But in the offseason, there is no such thing. This kind of info is great for poolies.
    It\'s been suggested, but this would be difficult to maintain. I just use the Forecaster\'s depth charts, they can be found at thn.com and thestar.ca, among other sites. I work for them and have been trying to get a deal so I can add their depth charts to this site...but they are corporate run and have a lot of red-tape bullshit that needs to be cut through. Bottom line: it won\'t happen.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

87Flyer wrote:
    not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, if so my bad. i don\'t think it would be possible anyway but you never know.

is it possible for individual users to have a folder to store important threads that they don\'t want to forget about. for instance if you were looking for a keeper pool it might take some time to get a response, you could put that thread in your folder and periodically check on it. this would also work for the suggestion of keeping your own threads together or stockpiling information on a specific topic you want. i would imagine it would prolly suck up a ton of memory tho and prolly be a pain in the butt to set up but i\'m not sure. would sure help tho cause i seem to forget where a lot of posts i was interested in have gone lol.
    Good idea. I had a choice of two forums and really liked how easy and clean this one works. Had I chosen the other one, this would have been one of the features it had. Unfortunately I don\'t know how to add this feature to the current forum.

I...am your father.

hoopej2 wrote:
    Hey Dobb et al,

Any thoughts of putting a small comment next to the top 300 rankings anytime there is a jump/drop of more than 5 spots? I just went through my team and noticed that Kaberle jumped 50 spots and Ju Williams went up 10 for no apparent reason. It would be nice to have an explanation.
    I\'ll explain in today\'s ramblings...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

k heres another one

A Predictions Chart

A list that shows your prediction for scoring that would give the top 10-30 point leaders.

A Predictions Section

All kinds of options here, seperate threads for: top 10 or 20 scoring leaders, goals leaders, goalie wins, save %, GAA, team wins, longest point scoring streak and by who, how many hat tricks, SH goal, PP goals, rookie scoring etc etc.

We could also go a step further and play beat the administrators lol. could do it for the playoffs to. maybe even do it as a contest for one of your shirts or have it so that we pay to enter into the contest and at the end the guy with the most correct answers wins. that might be getting a bit carried away but i know i\'d pay $20 to take a shot at being the king of prediction lol.

seems that a lot of us are always asking what this guy will get or how many wins will that goalie have and with the different styles of pools i think a predictions section would allow peeps to do a search for their guy and they\'d have a list of what others think the possible production would be.

thinking about this as i write it tho, dam that might be a lot of work as there is a ton of players. well not to sure now, maybe there\'s a way to shorten the workload.
    H2H Points
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

I...am your father.

Predictions are in the pool guide - what, you want everything free? haha

Dobber Sports Apprentice

lmao, nah i already paid my $30. maybe i worded it wrong. i think point outlook might be a better way to put it, not sure tho. how about an example:

Top 10 Leaders in Points Top Goalie Wins
    1. Crosby 135 1. Biron 60
    2. Ovechkin 120 2. Emery 41
    3. Thornton 118 3. Luongo 40
    4. Lecavilier 115 4. Hasek 39
    5. Spezza 108 5. Kipper 39
    6. Heatley 106 6. Miller 38
    7. St Louis 102 7. Kolzig 37
    8. Malkin 97 8. Nabby 35
    9. Jagr 95 9. Turco 35
    10. Hossa 92 10. Vokoun 35

then peeps could put their list on the thread. this would give people an idea for when they were going to do their draft. If they were doing a H2H pool having all the different outlooks might give them an idea which players and goalies might be the most beneficial.

A lot of us are constantly asking what do you think this guy will do for points or how many wins can this goalie get. rather than having it as part of advice, rumours or trading it would be under outlook(or whatever). maybe just do the top 10 players on each team and their goalie. maybe all of your projected players, that would depend on you. would go really nice with your projected players tho lol.

in a contest format you could run it over the course of the off season and then stop the predictions at the start of the season. you could also do another at mid season with that other stat you use(the one about being on pace) about wether they score more or less in the 2nd half. also the possibility to do a playoff one. Could charge a fee(maybe $10) to enter and the winner of the most categories gets a free dobber report.

hope this explains it better than the other one. prolly made it worse.
    H2H Points
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Master

Biron 60 wins ? :laugh:

lets not get carried away now

Hey Dobber,

I\'m not sure if my work is the only one that doesn\'t allow me to see the video blog or not so it would be handy to have the script there as well just in case we can\'t view the video. Just a thought.

Also, has the Top Prospects tab disappeared? I\'m guessing it\'s b/c you are currently selling the prospect report but will it re-appear closer to the start of the season?

I...am your father.

top prospects tab is here, same as always...

Dobber Sports Stud

Dobber wrote:
    top prospects tab is here, same as always...
    Not on my screen, it\'s not. The \'07 Prospects Report tab is still there, but the \"top 200 prospects\" has disappeared.

...when you\'re on the homepage, I mean...

For anyone who needs it immediately, the link is:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/content/view/106/1/

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/07/17 12:02
    T.G.