Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Box

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re:Suggestion Box

How about hooking up with some software to host some leagues?
    Another idea would be to select some of us to go against you and some of your article boys in a rotisserie set-up.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Dobber... How about a team depth chart for every team with every player they own... with your Fantasy Ratings in Brakets...

Also someone mentioned Starting Goalies... maybe post all the games for a day and the expected starter...

both of those would be a large amount of work... but well worth it...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I believe something like that was primarily discussed (the depth charts), but I\'ll see what the big man has to say.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I\'d love depth charts but they are so tough to keep up to date. There was a site that Dobber used to plug called, Hockey-recap.com, and they had all the stats of who played with whom and for how long. I\'ve included a small example:

forward lines - even strength gf-ga time on ice
    jason pominville 29 daniel briere 48 jochen hecht 55 0-0 10:32
    derek roy 9 thomas vanek 26 maxim afinogenov 61 0-0 8:43
    ales kotalik 12 chris drury 23 paul gaustad 28 0-0 8:25
    jiri novotny 13 daniel paille 20 adam mair 22 0-2 2:58
    derek roy 9 paul gaustad 28 maxim afinogenov 61 0-0 1:34
    ales kotalik 12 daniel paille 20 chris drury 23 0-0 1:28
    jiri novotny 13 daniel paille 20 jason pominville 29 0-0 1:20
    thomas vanek 26 daniel briere 48 maxim afinogenov 61 0-0 0:58

Not sure how well this will show up but it was a great site for updates throughout the year. It seems they either went belly up, or the people that were updating it realized it was a hell of a lot of work. The site even broke it down by full strength/pp/pk etc. It was a amazing.

Post edited by: hoopej2, at: 2007/05/30 15:34

I...am your father.

depth charts would be a ton of work. Fourth Period took a stab at it this season with weak results. The forecaster does it, but to use their material costs an arm and a leg. It\'s easier just to refer people to them. But they don\'t get into the minors or anything, strickly NHL roster.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This isn\'t really a suggestion for the site, but for an article.

I know about the FOURTH year breakout, but I\'d like to see an article that speaks to the ages of players. Like running backs in the NFL are typically done at 30. What ages do forwards breakout at, peak at, \"end\" at (the latter seems to be 37)? Same for defencemen and goalies. That\'s what I\'d like to know more about.

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

usually 27-33 is prime for NHL players for all positions... just my opinion tho... when a guy gets to about 31-32 he is gone from my team unless I\'m looking for the championship...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber,

Have you ever thought of having a \"Sleeper\" list? I\'d imagine some sort of list of players showing where you rank them right now in your top 300+ but with another category showing their \"Sleeper Factor\". This number would be how many spots they could jump this coming season based on their \"sleepiness\". I always like to have one or two sleepers on my team and since we don\'t have any prospect spots in our league, it would be nice to have a place to get them easily.

I...am your father.

hoopej2 wrote:
    Dobber,

Have you ever thought of having a \"Sleeper\" list? I\'d imagine some sort of list of players showing where you rank them right now in your top 300+ but with another category showing their \"Sleeper Factor\". This number would be how many spots they could jump this coming season based on their \"sleepiness\". I always like to have one or two sleepers on my team and since we don\'t have any prospect spots in our league, it would be nice to have a place to get them easily.
    Interesting...that\'s another \'time\' issue (and my lack of it), but still very interesting...

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Wouldn\'t that just be the fourth-year factor?

Dobber Sports Pro

Screaming Jawa wrote:
    Wouldn\'t that just be the fourth-year factor?
    I\'d see it more as depth chart openings + potential linemates + 4th year breakout factor + player type points progression + team and coaching + player attitude and potential.
    Something like that.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Ace

I\'ve got a suggestion for you Dobber.

How about some kind of search engine of some sort on the site to search for any information on a specific player or topic? For example, as it is now, if I\'m searching for information on Jordan Staal, I have to do it manually and search through every page of each forum section. This process is time consuming. With the continuing growth of your great site , the pages on the forums are getting lengthier by the day.

If the idea were to be implemented, one could enter a name or topic into the search function and all names or topics pertaining to that search would show up, thus eliminating all of the manual searching of every page on every forum section.

It would be totally understandable if this weren\'t to be undertaken, but would be greatly appreciated if it could.

Thanks again for your positive contribution to the fantasy hockey world.

Post edited by: Nehithaw, at: 2007/06/21 20:05
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber, You\'ve done a great job with this very informative site. I\'ve been visiting for awhile now, just new to the forum. So, I\'m not going to lie to ya. I\'m not telling one guy in my pool about this site. To you I\'m sorry for that. To my fellow poolies, I laugh in your general diiiiirection.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

DOBBER how bout having a seperate catergory \"team list/news\" were us a fans of the teams can either talk about the team specifically or player/advice.

Will probably clean up a lot of the forums with double posts -players etc...

I...am your father.

Nehithaw wrote:
    I\'ve got a suggestion for you Dobber.

How about some kind of search engine of some sort on the site to search for any information on a specific player or topic? For example, as it is now, if I\'m searching for information on Jordan Staal, I have to do it manually and search through every page of each forum section. This process is time consuming. With the continuing growth of your great site , the pages on the forums are getting lengthier by the day.

If the idea were to be implemented, one could enter a name or topic into the search function and all names or topics pertaining to that search would show up, thus eliminating all of the manual searching of every page on every forum section.

It would be totally understandable if this weren\'t to be undertaken, but would be greatly appreciated if it could.

Thanks again for your positive contribution to the fantasy hockey world.<br><br>Post edited by: Nehithaw, at: 2007/06/21 20:05
    Have you tried the \"search\" option on the left menu? I use it all the time. I type a player name and bam - 10 articles where he is mentioned, in chronological order.

Similarly, there is a \"search\" option just for the forum which I have used as well. Sometimes I use it to see what a certain poster has been saying. I type in the name of the poster and all of his posts are listed...