Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Box

I...am your father.

Default Re:Suggestion Box

Shoeless wrote:
    I think the value of karma as a tool for indicating a source of valued information is limited to the capacity of the evaluator to determine whether the info is good or not. The really skilled karma givers should also receive karma and so begins a bureacracy.

It isn\'t a big deal for me but I fear karma diggers will end up making the system less than meaningful anyway. Two bros living on Queen Street in Flin Flon (Bobby\'s hood) get juice from karma-ing their buddy\'s posts. Nobody monitors that - so in the end it comes down to what you say - listen and look but hold your own counsel - so where\'s the value?

Lanky doesn\'t need a pat on the back from me - he does what he does because he is an invested (perhaps addicted) fantasy hockeyist who gets as much joy from analyzing trades and assessing player value as he does having his team win a head to head. I\'ll take your word that he does give good advice because he is such a student of the game.

My risk-reward analysis says karma isn\'t worth much and could set the stage for skewed perceptions.

Buddies would need to be pretty bored, because I think only the admins can sit there and add Karma over and over. I think you need to wait a couple of hours before you can add it again. It\'s a system that works, believe me. Especially a year from now when some guys have 100 Karma.

Also - I did have a list of members that are online...but the list got very long. As I write this there are over 40 members online. It goes all the way down the page and was taking away from the look of the site.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Grrr my first double post. In Korean - mi aneyo - \"sorry\"

Post edited by: Shoeless, at: 2007/04/02 15:44

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dobber wrote:
    Shoeless wrote:
    Build a better T-shirt - cute they may be, but let\'s get down to it - Dobber\'s face, finger and sunglasses with the name of the site in big size is what I would pay for on a t-shirt.
    Really? Wow. Interesting. Will probably do that.

As for Karma - don\'t be too quick to put it down. Nobody will have negative Karma on this site unless they mean harm. If I ever see someone with negative Karma I immediately boost it up. I think it works better than I could have imagined.
    Isn\'t it all about branding and recognition? Nike is a checkmark and the slogan \"Just do it\" - As an image for me, Dobber has become your ugly mug and well let\'s see - \"DobberHockey.Com!\" KISS principle.

I can honestly say I can let the karma thing go - but I am not being quick on it - having had experience with something similar on other sites (not fantasy hockey related). I have also spent a lifetime working with evaluation systems and have come to value internal rather than external evaluation approaches. Again I think the question is marketing related - \"Does it make the site more attractive to the majority of visitors?\" If so, by all means keep it.

Dobber Sports Expert

i don\'t take the karma seriously, who cares really. it doesn\'t have any effect on what you can do on the board.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don\'t know if you have this or you\'ve done this before ... But I\'m in a Salarie keepers pool. SO if you can put the best points/salaries... SO exemple whos the better choice for a goalie this year it would be like : M-A Fleury at .989520 and the most expensive would be Luongo at 6.00. I think I might not be the only one in a Salarie keepers pool but that would help us alot ... I want the best buck for my player ...

Why pick a player : B.McCabe at 7.15 , when you can have R.Withney at .9006, for 2 pts difference

Well I think you do understand by now lol lol ... Let me know if you can do something about this or if theres any websites with that info? thanks
    Thanks Once again guys!!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Nhl Numbers is a great site to see salaries of players for all 30 NHL teams.

Post edited by: The Good Sir, at: 2007/05/04 23:17
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Stud

Shoeless wrote:
    I fear karma diggers will end up making the system less than meaningful anyway.
    I agree with Shoeless, and I think it\'s already happened. For a while I was very pleased with the karma system, but since these karma bets and \"you deserve a karma because your team lost\" comments started, I\'ve pretty much stopped paying attention to people\'s ratings.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The Good Sir .. ya theres already HockeyNews in Salaries section, but nothing is in order its all by team or players ... I would like a list from top points in order and top goalies in order ... but its all good .. I\'ll just do it my self, its gonna make maybe a day or 2 lol but oh well :P
    Thanks Once again guys!!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Suggestion : publicity

I noticed a suggestion of publicity in one of the topics.

How about putting a \"Dobberhockey\" banner available for those who have a personnal website or blog page. The best way is to give out an HTML code that people would paste on their website.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Ace

Thieving Giraffe wrote:
    Shoeless wrote:
    I fear karma diggers will end up making the system less than meaningful anyway.
    I agree with Shoeless, and I think it\'s already happened. For a while I was very pleased with the karma system, but since these karma bets and \"you deserve a karma because your team lost\" comments started, I\'ve pretty much stopped paying attention to people\'s ratings.
    I,m giving 2thumbs up to Giraffe for being a crybaby---hows that for skewing the system? :laugh:
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Stud

LOL whatever WH, I\'m just saying that I agree with what shoeless said about the system being easily skewed.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Ace

Just messing with ya!I hear what you\'re saying and I always enjoy reading what you have to say..I would have given you the thumbs up even if you were\'nt ababy.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Stud

Feeling\'s mutual, thanks. One thing I am fully prepared to whine about, though, is that pack I owe Zorro. Insert Yosemete Sam grumblings here!

Dobber, to purchase a pack for someone else, do I just send you an email after paypalling over the amount?

By the way, what\'s the code for the smileys? For some reason none of the buttons work for me... I use brackets for the ones above, don\'t know about smileys.

Actually... testing:

[evil] :evil: [:evil:]

Edit: never mind the last question, figured it out by trial and error.

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/05/06 04:01
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thieving Giraffe wrote:
    Feeling\'s mutual, thanks. One thing I am fully prepared to whine about, though, is that pack I owe Zorro. Insert Yosemete Sam grumblings here!

Dobber, to purchase a pack for someone else, do I just send you an email after paypalling over the amount?

By the way, what\'s the code for the smileys? For some reason none of the buttons work for me... I use brackets for the ones above, don\'t know about smileys.

Actually... testing:

[evil] :evil: [:evil:]

Edit: never mind the last question, figured it out by trial and error.<br><br>Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/05/06 04:01
    If you mouse over the smiley it will pull up the code for it.

Example if you mouse over the one at the bottom right it will come up with : dry : (without the spaces) :dry:

Post edited by: Stannic, at: 2007/05/06 08:47
    12 Team H2H - Keep 8+2 NHL Rookies

G(1), A(1), GWG(1), SHG(1), HT(2), W(2), SO(3)

Weekly Line-ups - Start 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

F: Crosby, Stepan, Gaudreau, Puljujarvi, Radulov, Wheeler, Buchnevich, Burakovsky, Domi, Fiala, Hertl, A. Nylander, Reinhart, B. Ritchie
    D: Carlson, Giordano, Leddy, Ellis, Maatta, Orlov
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov

09/10 and 10/11 Champion
    08/09 and 11/12 Runner-up

Dobber Sports Stud

yeah that\'s what I noticed when I edited the post. Thanks!
    T.G.