Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Box

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Suggestion Box

What is the point of this Karma? You can\'t tell who gives you good or bad karma so to me it\'s useless. Is there a penalty or reward if you have bad/good karma? I think people like Capeman just give out bad karma all the time just because he thinks it\'s funny. I\'m not saying it\'s not funny but since there are no consequences, who cares.

I...am your father.

It gives newcomers an idea of who they\'re getting advice from. If enough people give you kudos, your Karma will be positive.
    It\'s good. I monitor it and make sure nobody gets negative unless they truly deserve it (which nobody does yet).
    Since people don\'t have the ability to sit and give negative karma all day to people it can\'t be manipulated too much. And if it is, I have the ability to give two Karma points in one shot, so I can undo anything that a clown does.
    Two for you hoopej2
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Dobber wrote:
    It gives newcomers an idea of who they\'re getting advice from.
    I haven\'t seen that like that !

That\'s a great idea !

Karma rulzzzzzz ! :silly:

Dobber Sports Stud

Dobber wrote:
    Giraffe - that was Dobber 2.0, you mustn\'t have been here for the Dobber 1.0 Frontpage version!!
    haha
    LOL, I was here, I think I just blocked it out. Believe it or not I had completely forgotten about the original site! Kudos on how far you\'ve come...
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Another little suggestion: to receive confirmation from Dobber Hockey that a payment for a fantasy pack has been received. I know that Paypal gives a receipt, but a quick e-mail saying that Dobber knows would be appreciated.

I did buy one of the fantasy pack, and I just want to make sure that Dobber knows.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

any sort of contests/promotions planned?

I...am your father.

Fergie - I got yours, now worries. I don\'t know if I can send several hundred separate emails to give you receipts and I don\'t know how to automate it. Anyone have any suggestions?
    I have all the sales in a database and I can paste the email addresses into one email - but that would mean not giving a receipt until a few weeks later.

richardparknation - The playoff pool is a contest and a promotion. I don\'t have prizes yet because I haven\'t had time to look for any. An Ultimate Fantasy Pack would be one prize (or money back if you already bought it). Maybe a Keeper League pack would be prize #2. Any thoughts?

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

the ultimate fantasy pack sounds pretty damn good. that way your giving people \'the tool\' to taking more then enough money from their friends.

is the info for the playoff pool up? haven\'t had much time to look around.

I...am your father.

Yes, you can check out the playoff pool on one of the threads in this section...
    It is hosted by the Common Fan

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I am not a big fan of karma - such an evaluation is pretty subjective and could be misleading. Trust that quality posts are evident to most. Karma might in fact deter some from posting due to the risk of not being recognized or the fear of receiving a negative vote - I think the idea of the forum is to get as many participating as possible or at least encouraging people to do so. I personally would trash karma.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Build a better T-shirt - cute they may be, but let\'s get down to it - Dobber\'s face, finger and sunglasses with the name of the site in big size is what I would pay for on a t-shirt.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you think your post is going to gain negative Karma...then you aren\'t sure that it\'s sound advice. Karma is a pretty interesting tool to have. But it doesn\'t mean someone with 6 Karma is more intuitive than someone with 3. Regardless, if you take anyone\'s advice on here (other than Dobber\'s) as true without looking into it on your own...then you\'re pretty inept anyway, and come join my pool.

It is also a way for people to give a nice pat on the back to someone who brings up a good point.

I would be more inclined to trust someone, such as Lanky, who has a higher Karma count that others, rather than someone who doesn\'t have any.

Good points though...
    Y! H2H-12 Team; 6th yr - keep 14 for 12-13 season. (*kept from last year)

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,SOG,SH%, HITS
    W,GA,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO

3C- *Stamkos, *Tavares, *Ribiero, Little (+RW), Brassard, Roy
    3LW- *Ovechkin, *Lupul (+RW), Jokinen (+C), McDonald (+C)
    3RW- *Kessel, *Semin (+LW), *Skinner (+C), *Voracek, Purcell
    4D- *Phanuef, *Green, Carle, Wisniewski, Ellis
    4Util
    2G- *Luongo, *Halak, *Holtby, Lindback
    IR - None (yet)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Show who is online down the right side and set up a PM for the site - that is doable on joomla as I remember.

Maybe some galleries for users to submit Dobber related photos to - like someone wearing a Dobber t-shirt climbing K-2, sitting on the back of an alligator in Thailand or having lunch with Luongo.

Drop down menus linking us to current line info, injury reports and projected starting goalies (those alone I would pay for) - I am all for one stop shopping. Ramblings gives us some of this, but not all and not consistently - it\'s function is timely heads-up and evaluation.

Just some passing thoughts.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

mxpxillini35 wrote:
    If you think your post is going to gain negative Karma...then you aren\'t sure that it\'s sound advice. Karma is a pretty interesting tool to have. But it doesn\'t mean someone with 6 Karma is more intuitive than someone with 3. Regardless, if you take anyone\'s advice on here (other than Dobber\'s) as true without looking into it on your own...then you\'re pretty inept anyway, and come join my pool.

It is also a way for people to give a nice pat on the back to someone who brings up a good point.

I would be more inclined to trust someone, such as Lanky, who has a higher Karma count that others, rather than someone who doesn\'t have any.

Good points though...
    I think the value of karma as a tool for indicating a source of valued information is limited to the capacity of the evaluator to determine whether the info is good or not. The really skilled karma givers should also receive karma and so begins a bureacracy.

It isn\'t a big deal for me but I fear karma diggers will end up making the system less than meaningful anyway. Two bros living on Queen Street in Flin Flon (Bobby\'s hood) get juice from karma-ing their buddy\'s posts. Nobody monitors that - so in the end it comes down to what you say - listen and look but hold your own counsel - so where\'s the value?

Lanky doesn\'t need a pat on the back from me - he does what he does because he is an invested (perhaps addicted) fantasy hockeyist who gets as much joy from analyzing trades and assessing player value as he does having his team win a head to head. I\'ll take your word that he does give good advice because he is such a student of the game.

My risk-reward analysis says karma isn\'t worth much and could set the stage for skewed perceptions.

I...am your father.

Shoeless wrote:
    Build a better T-shirt - cute they may be, but let\'s get down to it - Dobber\'s face, finger and sunglasses with the name of the site in big size is what I would pay for on a t-shirt.
    Really? Wow. Interesting. Will probably do that.

As for Karma - don\'t be too quick to put it down. Nobody will have negative Karma on this site unless they mean harm. If I ever see someone with negative Karma I immediately boost it up. I think it works better than I could have imagined.