Default Ask Dobber a Question

Ennis
    Eberle
    Gerbe
    Benn
    B. Schenn
    Kane
    Boychuk

What order do you take these guys in in a prospect draft this fall? Multi-cat keeper with positions. Thanks for this Dobber!
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

I...am your father.

tryhard87 wrote:
    Hey Dobber!

What does your top 5 (fantasy-wise) for the 2009 Entry Draft look like?
    JT
    Duchene
    Hedman
    Svensson
    Kadri
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Sleemans wrote:
    Thanks for doing this Dobber. B)

Team in my signature.

12 team H2H Keeper going into Season 2 this fall.

Next year we will have the following settings:

Skaters: G,A,P,PPP,PIM,+/-,SOG,FW
    Goalies: W,GAA,save %,shutouts

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 2UTIL, 5D, 2G, 7 bench

Our keepers aren\'t due until August 1st, so I have time to see what happens in Anaheim with Hiller.

Which 12 do you keep?

Any other general thoughts on my team. I\'d love to package Stastny with one of my goalies for a better winger, but not sure what interest there might be.
    C: M.Richards,J.Carter,P.Berglund,M.Lombardi,P.Stastn y
    LW: D.Heatley,A.Semin,C.LaRose
    RW: M.Erat,M.Samuelsson,B.Ryan,J.Langenbrunner,C.Girou x
    D: D.Keith,J.Corvo,R.Hainsey,C.Ehrhoff,T.Gilbert,
    G: H.Lundqvist,C.Mason,J.Hiller,C.Schneider,T.Rask

Cheers
    Brian
    Richards, Carter, Heatley, Giroux, Keith, Gilbert, Lundqvist, Hiller, Rask, Semin, Ryan, Stastny

Trade Stastny - looking like a BAB and people will pay premium. In fact, if you can get a 2nd rounder for him you can then keep Berglund. Essentially, you would be getting Berglund and a 2nd for Stastny. Your league is similar to one of my leagues and if I remember correctly, I drafted a Voracek-type with that pick.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

sentium wrote:
    [quote]Another question. What do you expect, pointswise, from the following guys next year?

Sergei Kostitsyn 40
    Clarke MacArthur 45
    Antoine Vermette 60
    Dave Bolland 55
    Stephen Weiss 65
    Brian Gionta 65
    Jiri Hudler 70
    Chuck Kobasew 40
    Joffrey Lupul 60

I...am your father.

joos wrote:
    Ward for Kessel or Roy/Varlamov? Similar scoring cats as one in my siggy...also real salary cap league.

Also, what kinda starts to you see in Giggy next year? Will he split with Hiller or does he lose it all?
    Giggy - he\'ll lose it all

Ward for Roy/Varlamov for sure

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Did you mean to throw Pacioretty in here first in both groups or did you leave him out intentionally??

Pacioretty
    Purcell
    Gerbe
    S.Kostitsyn
    Matthias

Can you list these guys in order in which you would want them:
    1)next year
    +
    2)long-term

Dobber\'s reply:
    1. Purcell, Gerbe, SK, Matthias

2. Purcell, Gerbe, SK, Matthias
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I...am your father.

Maximus wrote:
    2-3 years from now, who has the better chance to be the franchise goalie of a team.

Rinne
    Halak
    Hiller
    Elliot
    Varlamov

ty
    My money is on Varlamov, but Rinne will be around for awhile.

I...am your father.

Seeds of Grapes wrote:
    O\'sullivan for next year? What do you expect his point totals to be?
    did this one twice now

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hey Dobbs, is this the new mind blowing feature? :P

Just kidding, but thanks for the question answering afternoon!
    Currently drafting keeper

12 team roto, daily lineups

G,A,PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Faceoff Wins

W, SO, GAA, SV%

C: Tavares, Zajac, Brassard, Filppula
    LW: Parise, Clowe, Penner, Bourque
    RW: Hemsky, Giroux, Alfredsson, Radulov
    D:Myers, Yandle, Carle
    G: Rinne, Ward, Gustavsson

Farm: Filatov, Hodgson, Wilson, Skinner, Grabner, Sbisa, Moore, Stepan

I...am your father.

metaldude26 wrote:
    This year was the Steve Mason/Pekka Rinne battle, who will be next season\'s fantasy rookie of the year?

This is the coolest idea EVER! I\'m so glad I got back early from my exam otherwise I woulda missed out on this. Thanks a lot in advance Dobber, your dedication never ceases to amaze me.
    Thank YOU. I did this last summer and said that I would like to keep doing it...but the problem is in this business, you get absolutely overwhelmed with stuff for about two weeks...and then you get two weeks of light duty...and so on back and forth. So the problem was - my light duty weeks I just wanted to take a breather :lol:

Next year - I would have to look at the eligibles and study them, but off the top of my head I think Tavares and Hedman will battle it out, as will Filatov - who will depend on whether Hitch gives him a chance, and Caputi - who will depend on whether the Pens give him a spot and Varlamov. Hodgson should be good for 50 points, which would be a consideration I\'m sure. I don\'t think JVR will get the ice time in Philly next year. Dark horses are Grachev and Gerbe.

I...am your father.

tryhard87 wrote:
    Who are your big breakout players for next season?
    Wish I knew! This is another one that needs careful study. I haven\'t analyzed this past season\'s numbers yet - I usually start that in late April, so shortly.

Off the top of my head I really like Jordan Staal to break out and get 65. Voracek and Giroux will take the next step. It\'s about time we saw Kopitar get to 90. James Neal is another name that jumps out.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dobber wrote:
    Richards, Carter, Heatley, Giroux, Keith, Gilbert, Lundqvist, Hiller, Rask, Semin, Ryan, Stastny

Trade Stastny - looking like a BAB and people will pay premium. In fact, if you can get a 2nd rounder for him you can then keep Berglund. Essentially, you would be getting Berglund and a 2nd for Stastny. Your league is similar to one of my leagues and if I remember correctly, I drafted a Voracek-type with that pick.
    Thanks Dobber for the reply.

I...am your father.

dutchie wrote:
    Hi Dobber,

Keeper league, points only. I\'d love to compete next year but am also keeping an eye to the future. At F we dress 2C, 2LW, 2RW so wingers are more valuable than centers.

Which 4 forwards should I keep for next year?
    M.Koivu
    A.McDonald
    M.Ribeiro
    A.Kostitsyn
    P.O\'Sullivan
    K.Huselius
    P.Bouchard

And a similar question at D. Points only, plus a bonus point for PPP. What\'s your ranking? I can keep only 3.

K.Letang
    M.Streit
    J.Pitkanen
    M.Zidlicky
    B.Coburn
    K.Quincey

Thanks, in advance.
    McDonald, Ribeiro, O\'Sullivan and Koivu.

Letang, Streit for SURE. The other one is tough - try Pitkanen.

I...am your father.

mapletreemarty wrote:
    Who are the top 5 RW available in the upcoming draft and the upside/potential and ...

Team in Sig. keeping 15:

LW (4) AO, Parise, Heatley, Filatov
    C (2) Crosby, Lecavalier
    RW (2) Radulov, Hemsky
    D (3) Phaneuf, Whitney, Bouwmeester
    G (3) Turco, Price, Varlamov

15th spot, who do you choose between Goligoski and Schneider?
    Goli. Your G is fine.

I...am your father.

Zorro wrote:
    James Neal (DAL)
    Jordan Eberle (EDM)
    Jamie Benn (DAL)

LONG-TERM POTENTIAL? Who would you pick up for your keeper league??
    Eberle