Banned

Default Ask Dobber a Question

Hey Dobber, With a core of the following players in a POINTS ONLY poule

C: Thornton Backstrom
    LW: Heatley Vanek
    RW: Hossa Perry Radulov
    D: Weber Visnovsky
    G: Price Bryzgalov

which package would be the best to complement this team?

Toskala and Nilsson
    Toskala and Ryan Whitney
    Toskala and S. Kostitsyn
    Berglund and Nilsson
    Berglund and Ryan Whitney
    Berglund and S. Kostitsyn
    Halak and Nilsson
    Halak and Ryan Whitney
    Halak and S. Kostitsyn

And do you think this is a solid core of players, and where would you seek improvement?

Thanks Dobber, I appreciate it, and you are getting a karma when I reload

Dutch

I...am your father.

loco man wrote:
    Continued....

Sorry, forgot to get your take on James Wisneiwsky and Patty O\'Sullivan next year as well.

Will the Wiz break out next year in Anaheim or will both Pronger and Neids be back.

Also, I know you are a big fan of Sully, but I am having a hard time seeing him breaking out in Edmonton. Time to move him or keep the faith.

Thanks again! Lightning round is a great idea!!!!
    Wiz - he\'s fragile. He\'ll be the No.3 guy in ANA next year and get you good points (three every five games). I\'d say count on him for 70 games and 42 points.

O\'Sully - I agree, but let\'s see who the coach will be first. According to my mantra, he is still two years away from the big breakout. If he goes according to that, then expect 55 next year and 80 the year after. I would keep.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

jlucas09 wrote:
    Hey Dobber,

I have the 2nd overall and 7th overall pick in a 30 team keeper so basically only prospects from this draft are available. Assume my need of forward and defense are equal.

Forwards
    G: 25
    A: 25
    PIMs: 5
    PPG: 15
    SHG: 20
    OTG: 15
    GWG: 25
    HTRK: 50
    +/-: +/- 10
    GP: 2
    SHGWG: 150

Defense
    Same as Forward except: 50 pts for goal

Who do I take at 2nd. Hedman or a Forward. I was thinking Duchene at 2nd and a D or another F at 7 depeding on how the draft goes.

What would you do in this case?

Thanks Dobber, Your commitment to the forum is part of why this site is great.

Edit: Wow, There were 2 peoples post when i hit reply, look what you started, this is easily going to get to 6-10 pages by the time you get back at 5:30.
    I would take Hedman 2nd, if only because you could trade him for a lot based on his reputation. He\'ll make an impact quickly, but his upside is probably no more than 60 points. For the first few seasons, I could see 40.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Dobber, need some advice on what to do with Ville Koistinen.

I just finished my first season in a 10-team deep roto keeper, and Koistinen was in my minor leagues when I took over the team last summer. I\'ve kept him there, to see what type of year he\'d have for NSH. Turned out to be a lame 38GP,3G,8A,11Pts,14PIM. He\'ll turn 27 this summer. He\'s played 86 career NHL games, and I own his rights until he plays 300 NHL games.

What is Koistinen\'s upside? Should I hold onto him? Will he ever see the PP time necessary to make him fantasy-worthy? Will he be traded and what effect would that have?

What I do with Koistinen is directly effected by the other d-men in my minors, each of which can go up and down from minors to active until 300 career GP:
    Braydon Coburn
    Keith Yandle
    Jack Hillen
    Cody Franson
    Jakub Kindl
    Theo Peckham
    Anton Stralman
    P.K. Subban
    Jamie McBain
    Niklas Hjalmarsson
    Ian Cole.

Given the stat categories of my league and my active roster blueline starters (see siggy below), which of these d-men (including Koistinen) are worthy of keeping in my minors, given the fact I\'ll have to make room for 3 or 4 entry draft picks come June? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time, Dobber!
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

I...am your father.

chirrio wrote:
    I have 8 d-men and can keep only six or less if I decide, but I need some help. These are the players w/salaries (auction draft with 260 total/17 players):
    Zubov 6
    phaneuf 29 w/option for up to 3 years
    whitney 15
    coburn 14
    burns 18
    bogo 1
    visnovsky 16
    kronvall 11
    I like them all and am thinking of these 6: \"sloppy seconds\", bogo, kronvall, visnovsky, whitney, and burns but am open to other opinions. High quality dmen go for a lot in our league, so phaneuf (despite his tag is a bargain) is a bargain. Thanks in advance.
    Take Kronvall over Burns, otherwise I like it

I...am your father.

Dangles wrote:
    hey dobber what kind of season do you expect o\'sully to have next year? we all keep waiting for him to pop and he just can\'t seem to turn it up a notch. I know Edmonton is no LA but do you still think he can be a 80-90 pt player?
    I still believe he can be, although not with as much certainty as in LA. I think 55 next year and 75-80 after that.

I...am your father.

ItsAlwaysSunnyInDetroit wrote:
    Hi Dobber! 12 team full keeper. G=1, A=1, PIM= 0.1, +=0.2, - = -0.2, Shootout G = 1, and Shot = 0.05.

I need a 6th and 7th D, which 2 of these do you take for a team looking to compete next season:
    Zubov, Spacek, MA Bergeron, Sekera, Goligoski, Redden.

Thanks in advance!
    Terrible choices - no certainties and in fact I don\'t believe any of them will get 40 next year. Thinking more long term, you should keep Goligoski and... I guess you have to try Sekera, because Spacek is a UFA (and a BAB - bandaid boy)

I...am your father.

Ribby wrote:
    Hi Dobber,

I have been in last place for the last 3 years (mostly due to bad luck getting injured guys) so i am in need of some mega help so i can get out of last next year.

There are currently 9 in our league. We have a rooster of 22 (12 F, 6 D, 2 G and 2 open)

I can only keep 7

points only and G\'s get 2 for W and 3 for SO\'s

F
    D. Sedin
    Vanek
    S. Kozlov
    Jokinen
    Heatley
    Okposo
    Kovalev
    Getzlaf
    B. Ryan
    Perry
    A. Kostisyn
    Stillman

D
    D. Keith
    Ryan Whitney
    Seabrook
    Enstrom
    Girardi
    Hunwick

G
    Biron
    Giguere
    Leclaire
    Fernandez

Thanks for your help
    Keep Vanek, Heatley, Getzlaf, Ryan, Perry, Biron, Ry.Whitney

Keith and D.Sedin would be my next two. If only you could keep nine...
    Try and get a goalie early in your draft - Biron won\'t cut it.

I...am your father.

PocketRockets05 wrote:
    Hey Dobber, thanks for taking the time out of your busy week to answer these questions. Here are a couple lingering questions of my own:

1. What should we expect from Tavares next year...is his long term potential better/worse/same as Stamkos?

2. Out of this list, which TWO wingers would you keep for next year:
    - Zetterberg
    - Hemsky
    - Pominville
    - Havlat

3. Out of this list, which TWO D would you keep for next year:
    - Phaneuf
    - Lidstrom
    - Souray
    - S.Neids

(for questions 2+3, head-to-head yahoo league categories are: G,A,+/-,PIMS,PPP,SHP,GWG,FW)

Thanks so much!
    1. Tavares is potentially far better than Stamkos. Can he cut it? I question the intensity and expect a Kovalev-like career (but add 10-15 points to each year). I think 65 for next year is within reach, but he\'s the type that could get 110 points a few years from now and follow it up with 70. He\'ll frustrate you.

2. Zetts and Hems

3. Phan and Lids

I...am your father.

Gongshow wrote:
    hey dobber, I need help on my last keeper, its down to PM bouchard and nik kronwall. Do you think with lemaire gone from the wild bouchard will bust out offensively next year? I really like kronwall but his injury history worries me. I am in a pts only league with just strictly forwards, D-men and goalies. thanks
    Kron\'s injury history worries me as well, and I am a firm believer that much of a player\'s fragility is genetics - and Staffan Kron\'s not any less fragile. So I would take PMB and roll the dice that the new coach helps, unless you are short d-men.

I...am your father.

Zorro wrote:
    Pacioretty
    Purcell
    Gerbe
    S.Kostitsyn
    Matthias

Can you list these guys in order in which you would want them:
    1)next year
    +
    2)long-term
    1. Purcell, Gerbe, SK, Matthias

2. Purcell, Gerbe, SK, Matthias

I know - not original. But you put them in such a good order in the first place.

I...am your father.

Zorro wrote:
    Another question..

If you had the number 2 or 3 pick next year who would you take as a sure-fire STAR, obviously Tavares would be taken at 1.. And as you say it takes awhile for d-men to come around so Hedman might be a bad option for me..
    Matt Duchene, no question. Part of me likes him better than JT. Think Stamkos.

I...am your father.

Cousin Larry wrote:
    Y! roti league, 10 teams, G,A,+/-,PIMs,PPP,SOG,GWG

Who do you like more in a keeper:

Perry or Vanek?

Thanks.
    Vanek still. I\'m almost embarrassed to say. He\'ll come around.

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Dobber, another quick question about my 10-team deep roto keeper team.

I own the 3rd overall pick in this year\'s draft. I have an offer on the table of A.Markov for that pick, straight up. He would fit nicely with my current veteran d-man starters of Streit, Timonen, Jovo, Kronwall, Babchuk, Carle, Montador. Within my 15 keepers, I figure I will only be able to keep 4 d-men. If I acquire Markov, who would you go with as the d-men keepers? Looking to compete for the title next year and beyond, so thinking Markov can get me a little closer. Do the deal? Seek to move the non-keeper d-men this summer if possible?

Thanks
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Ace

Dobber.

Stats below for my league.

Which three would you keep out of

Getzlaf, Spezza, Parise, Phaneuf (assume Green/Lidstrom will be other Dman kept by others).
    10 Team Yahoo Roto League - H2H, weekly changes - $100 WW budget - 75 remaining
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, Sv%, SOot

C - Getzlaf, E.Staal
    LW - Parise (RW), Benn
    RW - Giroux (C), Radulov
    D - Striet, Pietrangelo
    Util - Backes, Riberio, Malone
    G - Halak (Elliot), Rinne, Bryz
    Bench - M.Koivu, Kane (C)