Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: kovalchuk

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default kovalchuk

Left early in the first period on his first shift. Sat on the bench of a little while then went to the locker room. No word yet, but hopefully at the intermission.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default kovalchuk

I started watching the game late and couldn\'t see him on the bench. I checked the game summary online and saw he only played 46 seconds...he still registered a SOG.

I didn\'t hear or see anything, but as a fellow owner I can\'t afford for him to miss time.

Hope there\'s some good news...actually I\'d take the absence of bad news right now as an initial step in the right direction.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default kovalchuk

From an earlier thread. I take Heatley over Kovalchuk now, HAHA. Just kidding. letnry please let us all know when you hear the news..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default kovalchuk

Really didn\'t look too serious, so I was hoping he\'d be back for the second, but no. Interesting to see if he\'ll return now.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default kovalchuk

Upper body injury. Won\'t be returning tonight. Sorry its not much, nor encouraging, but all I got.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default kovalchuk

The color-men finally shed some light on the subject.

Kovalchuk won\'t return tonight b/c of a LBI.

Thanks for that insightful tidbit...[sarcasm].

EDIT...Sorry lentry, you beat me to the punch by a second. I heard it\'s the other half of the body that\'s ailing, but who the heck cares...what with the fountain of information forthcoming. He\'s not playing...that sucks!
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Star

Default kovalchuk

Man, this is the last thing I need right now. Ugh!

Hopefully it ain\'t serious.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Sage

Default kovalchuk

yea poor time for him to decide to get hurt :laugh:
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default kovalchuk

Here is what the coach said after the game:

Thrashers captain Ilya Kovalchuk left the ice with an upper-body injury in the first period. He didn\'t return.

\"We don\'t want to say too much right now because we don\'t know for sure,\" Atlanta coach John Anderson said. \"He\'s day to day as we speak right now. He had a little problem yesterday and I didn\'t practice him. He said he was OK to go today and obviously he wasn\'t, but I\'ve got to give him credit for trying.\"

Source:

http://thrashers.nhl.com/team/app?ga...p;service=page
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default kovalchuk

Gents, please try to get updates as I believe a lot of people could be affected by a lenghty Kovalchuk injury...
    Kids, you tried your best and failed miserably. Lesson is, never try. -Homer Simpson.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default kovalchuk

I\'ll be checking the Blueland Blog: http://thrashers.portspaces.com/blueland

Today\'s entry mirrors one of the posts below, states as follows:

\"The other storyline coming out of last night\'s win in Edmonton is the injury of Ilya Kovalchuk. I don\'t have any other details yet (official word is that it\'s an upper body injury) but from what John Anderson said after the game it would seem that he wasn\'t 100% going into the game. Ilya being Ilya, he wanted to try to play through whatever is bothering hi, but he reconsidered after 46 seconds of action. Here is what Anderson said:

\"We don\'t want to say too much right now because we don\'t know for sure,\" Atlanta coach John Anderson said. \"He\'s day to day as we speak right now. He had a little problem yesterday and I didn\'t practice him. He said he was OK to go today and obviously he wasn\'t, but I\'ve got to give him credit for trying.\"

Since missing the end of his rookie season with a shoulder injury Ilya Kovalchuk has never missed more than two consecutive games due to injury, and his rookie year was the only season he played less than 78 games. Twice he played 81 of 82 games. If the captain needs another game or two to get well, I\'m okay with that. He has clearly been putting his heart and soul into what\'s left of this season and his teammates were clearly inspired as they carried on without him last night.

I\'ll let you know if/when I get an update on Kovy\'s condition.\"

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Guru

Default kovalchuk

i\'ve read sketchy blog entries suggesting that it might be a pulled rib/chest/back muscle.

might derail him a bit for the rest of the season, let\'s just hope that it\'s nothing too serioius with his back. those things can linger forever.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default kovalchuk

ok, the latest from the Thrashers PR guy:

No Kovalchuk tomorrow. He\'s coming back to ATL to rest and recover. He\'ll be reevaluated Mon. but the injury isn\'t serious.
    Kovalchuk has an undisclosed upper body injury that he has been playing through. A statement from Don Waddell will be posted shortly.
    They play at home on Monday, so its possible he will only miss the one game depending on how he feels.

EDIT: AJC link

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default kovalchuk

It\'s not a bad thing for the future of Atlanta if Kovalchuk miss some games this year(It is for my POOL though). They will loose more games, finish last and have best chance to grab Tavares.

So, next season, Kovalchuk will be happier with a superstar center and may be he will resign with Atlanta!

This Kovalchuk injury, may save the Atlanta franchise.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default kovalchuk

berni67 wrote:
    It\'s not a bad thing for the future of Atlanta if Kovalchuk miss some games this year(It is for my POOL though). They will loose more games, finish last and have best chance to grab Tavares.

So, next season, Kovalchuk will be happier with a superstar center and may be he will resign with Atlanta!

This Kovalchuk injury, may save the Atlanta franchise.
    I wonder who they will trade Tavares to in 4 years? :laugh:
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50