Thread: Cole, Drury or Kariya ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Cole, Drury or Kariya ?

Hello guys,

I\'m trying right now to make some decisions regarding my keeper league\'s roster for next year. There are a few guys I wanna use as a trade bait, some difficult choices I gotta make, so here is my question :

If you had to sacrifice one of those three players in a trade, who would it be : Erik Cole, Chris Drury, Paul Kariya ?

Goals give two points, an assist one. To help you choose, think about a 2-3 year span. Who are the two guys you would keep ? I\'m thinking Kariya and Drury, since Cole is looking like a band-aid boy, but he\'s younger, too.

Tough one ; what do you think ?

Thanks a lot.

Patrick.

Post edited by: CaporalRadulov, at: 2007/03/19 08:27

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re:Cole, Drury or Kariya ?

Are you competing? or rebuilding?

I\'m thinking you could a better return for Kariya if you are considering a trade.
    Drury might leave the Sabres and sign somewhere he could be a No.1 center.
    Cole would be scary to see him play a full year.

I would probably trade Drury. There always seems to be a couple sleeper/dark horse centers that come in every year. Cole is usually dual position (depends on who runs your league) which helps, and Kariya gets nice production for a LW.

I think all will be pretty close in G\'s the next couple years. Like you said, tough call.

Well, I\'m competing and rebuilding at the same time ! I\'m fighting for second place right now in a 12 team league. I took over a GM that was going nowhere in the middle of the season last year. He was last, I managed to make the playoffs and upset the champion in the 1st round. This year, like I said, I\'m in 2nd place, and it looks like the battle will be raging until the last day of the season. So I\'m trying to keep a well-balanced team with some experience guys, some great kids and a core formed of players around 26-28 years old.

However, I must precise that the forwards positions don\'t count. Our 8 best forwards count (they can be LW, RW, C, it doesn\'t matter), our best D-Man and our best goalie. My forwards are : Brad Richards, Marleau, Gagne, Hank Sedin, Selanne, Radulov, Kariya, Cole, Drury, Langkow and Calder.

Langkow will leave, \'cause I\'d be surprised if he ever repeats this year\'s stats. I wanna package him with one of the three other forwards to get a big kid in return and a high draft pick (which is possible, negotiations are already in the air...)

Drury ? Well, well. I was thinking Cole, for the injury factor. Any other opinions ?

I...am your father.

Cole - lose the bandaid boy. Sure he could be healthy next year, but what do you gain from risking it?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I would probably move Cole, although if you are in a dog fight right now, you have to consider Gagne\'s injury, and is he going to help you down the stretch. The way I see it is you are going to pkg Langkow with either Cole/Drury/Karyia for someone else?
    If it\'s only the top 8 frwrds that count, I would make sure Gagne is playing, or you will leave yourself shorthanded..