Thread: Will Sergei Kostitsyn get back on track?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Will Sergei Kostitsyn get back on track?

I have this guy as a prospect. Would you hold onto him? He hasn\'t had the type of year that was anticipated and with his most recent problems, will he get his chance? Will he bounce back or does he return to Russia? Any thoughts?

Dobber Sports Genius

He will bounce back, just not this year. I could see him being called back up for the playoffs when rosters expand.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Initiate

I dont think he\'ll return to Russia. I think he\'ll be a full time player next season with all the UFA\'s the Habs have next season. In an interview i read with him he said he wants to play in the NHL because it is the best league and to do so with his brother is just amazing.

I\'m from Hamilton and watched his 3rd or 4th game for the bulldogs after being sent down. I believe he took to heart that Carbs asked Gainey to send him down and bring up a grinder. I believe this because he was hitting everyone he could and thats not his game what so ever. I would personally hold onto him because i think the potential for him to be productive player is there. I really think the story about Him his brother were overblown and don\'t have any baring on him getting sent down

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree with Jlucas, S kos I personally believe is the smarter of the two brothers, whereas, Andrei is the more skilled (better release, harder shot). S kos will be a force on the PP down the road, and don\'t you dare give up on the kid!

EDIT: as seen with his and grabovski\'s feud, Skos really showed he does have that physical edge to get some PIM\'s down the road. In an interview he said that his brother would never fight, so I will fight for both of us etc.
    H2H Keeper League, 16 teams, finished 2nd

Crosby, Gagner, Connolly, Moller, Couture
    Hemsky, Okposo, Stafford, Radulov
    Filatov, Raymond, Macarthur, S Kostitsyn, Tlusty, A Kostitsyn
    Seabrook, Franson, Carle, Letang, Yandle
    Garon, Rolo, JDD, Anderson
    Farm:
    JvR,Soderberg, Backlund, Helenius, Neuvirth, Varlamov, Dubnyk, J Boychuk, Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the insight.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I\'m not the biggest fan of Sergei. He gives the puck away more than any player I\'ve seen, his shot is kinda weak, and I haven\'t seen any flashes of brilliance from him this year. He seems to have some attitude problems (IIRC he took a penalty one game on purpose because he was pissed at being demoted to 4th line). Don\'t be fooled into thinking the habs moved him down because of the \'scandal\'; he was playing badly and his give-aways and dumb penalties were a detriment to the team. And I disagree with jlucas09 that him throwing hit shows some new fire - Sergei\'s always been feisty and has always thrown hits. Honestly its only his OHL numbers that make me want to hang on to him for a bit longer in my league and only because I don\'t have many better options.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I dono Ari i watched him while he played for the Knights in the OHL and hes special, a lot of skill and i think hell do fine in the NHL. hes still young, just came from junior and everybody has rough patches its probably tough for him on 4th line after being the star on nearly every team he has played with hell get used to it and bounce back soon. Carbs lit a fire under him and i think he will respond to it when he gets the chance with montreal. And for the giving the puck away many young players have that problem because they try to prove what they can do and their worth to the team when a simple dump in would be better.

Just my opinion.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty League($)
    - 12/27 active (3C,4W,3D,1G,1Util)
    - 1 point: G,A,+/-,PPP,W,Sv%,
    - .5 points: SOG,GWG,PIM,SHP,GAA,Sv,SO
    My Team:
    C: Little Filpulla Kennedy Boyd Cogliano Grabovski Hodgson
    W: Iginla Kovalev Mueller Frolik Knuble Versteeg Miettinen Purcell S. Kostitsyn Dawes Shirokov
    D: Green Wideman Vlasic Sanguinetti Gilroy Roszival
    G: Toskala Anderson Harding Markstrom

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Although I\'d rather own Andrei and do, I really like Sergei.
    He\'ll never be a great scorer but and do think he\'ll be a great setup man who gets goals and pims. He\'s kinda gotten off track (to much booze and strippers?) but prior to that I was very very impressed with his passing ability, especially the willingness to take a hit and still make a great pass. You don\'t find that often. I also like his hustle. I\'d pick him up if I could, but alas he\'s taken in my pool.

I don\'t see him going to Russia either. What\'s left in Russia these days? The money pouring into the league has pretty much dried up and it was never very good in the first place. Sergei wants to play with the best and that\'s in the NHL.