Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Don Cherry you dumb piece of #@$@$ shit!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Don Cherry you dumb piece of #@$@$ shit!

Otto2000 wrote:
    OK,

so as far as I can tell the only word that exists in this format is HALAL .......

So basically.....Dutch\'s argument goes to pot. He\'s calling Cherry a racist and yet he calls him a piece of HALAL shit????........not cool Dutch.....not cool at all.....

either that or he just doesn\'t know what the f*^k he\'s talking about...:lol:

.....(perhaps I\'ve gone too far)

I\'m just saying....with that format....what else can he mean!?!?!
    Otto2000 wrote:
    OK, wait.....Salal is also a word.......a small green shrubbery......

....My apologies Dutch....If you meant he was a shitty green shrubbery than, hey, I\'ll give you that
    I\'m sorry, but these two posts were absolutely hilarious. :laugh:

isn\'t \"shrubbery\" another word for \"prostitute?\" If that\'s the case, we can infer by transitive properties that he was calling Don Cherry a dumb piece of prostitute shit. I like that.

That\'s pretty good. :cheer: :laugh:

Dobber Sports Stud

Where are you from Lanky?
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Recruit

BrianSTC wrote:
    Where are you from Lanky?
    huh? what? why?

are you going to try and come find me or something?

:huh:

I sent you a private message BrianSTC... let me know if you didn\'t get it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The Don puts my ass on m\'fn life tilt too...
    C- Sharp, Marleau, Dubz
    LW- J Neal, T Hall,
    RW- Nichushkin, Ovechkin, Wheller, Tarasenko
    D- Markov, Shattenkirk, Del Zotto, Seabrook
    G- Lehtonen, Smith, Thomas
    12 Team Yahoo

IR -

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Really surprised by the initiating venom of the thread.

I\'ve played football (Soccer) at a very high level and I\'ve played hockey and anyone that has played both can attest to the various nuance inherent in both sports that have arisen necessarily out of each sport\'s dynamics.

Nuance matters, and for those with a dual appreciation of the two games, there are obvious known quantities as to the \'Why\' and \'What\' and \'Who\'. And for anyone in possession of any rudimentary knowledge concerning hockey to not know what and why and who Cherry is as he is begs the question, \"Were you ever a fan in the first place?\"

There is no greater fan or supporter or symbol of hockey anywhere in the hockey world, than Don Cherry. And that includes his protege, Bobby Orr who\'d be the first person to \'Amen\' the claim.

Few inside hockey\'s elite circles would ever stand behind a statement that called this former Jack Adams\' winner, dumb.

Clumsy. Inarticulate. Boorish. Perhaps.

Never dumb.

And if \"piece\" and any \"expletive\" ever bumbled their way to Don\'s ears, it was few and far between and always met with the type of dispassionate response you\'d expect from an AHL enforcer.

Ovechkin, like Crosby before him (Note the nuance of impartiality?)was criticized for showboating because in hockey, it\'s an insult to the integrity and effort of the other team before during or after a play.

The football correlative comes in the typical form of showboating within play. Repeatedly attempting to nutmeg an opposing player, dribbling in such a fashion as to humiliate another player. And when it\'s done, especially in the Premier or in a league like Scotland\'s, policing is typically measured out in an attempt to injure.

But it\'s never a surprise when the response happens, in fact it\'s expected.

With a game at triple the speed and half the playing surface, there\'s very little room to expect players efforts made in the blink of an eye to also absorb having suffered loss to take as passionate, displays that essentially augment deficiencies to one degree or another.

The reality of Cherry\'s comments come twofold: One, it is part of hockey\'s historically entrenched ethos to self-police or else expect policing in one direct form or another on the heels of blatant - as defined by hockey traditionalists - disrespect. Secondly, the comment indirectly served as grandfatherly advice to a player Cherry certainly admires, if only from afar.

Indivisible from Canada\'s ever growing international identity are hockey and policing.

Whether in the form of once lauded UN blue berets, or servicemen and women defending home from abroad, what typically marks Canadian engagement has been it\'s moral justification. A blamelessness that has carried Canada\'s brand as something peerless because if Canadians are in a fight, it must be justified because Canadians won\'t lift a finger unless righteous anger has been provoked by something that should be offensive to anyone who holds what is decent as something valuable.

To most people, the death of innocents is a heart string that even a gruff, \"dumb\" ex AHL enforcer turned NHL Coach of the Year can\'t help but dedicate a moment of tear-filled respect to those who have died in service.

That kind of national pride couldn\'t possibly offend someone on the basis of their favourite player being taken down a notch, could it?

I said nuance matters and it does. I\'m not comparing fights in hockey, or the opinion of Don Cherry as something inherently inviolate or as sacrosanct as the selfless actions of men and women in uniform under conditions where death is faced daily.

What I am saying, Dutch...Is that to distort Don Cherry\'s message, even on something as innocuous as an internet fantasy hockey chat board for the purpose of momentary gain is the height of ignorance and self-indulgence.

Don Cherry may be abrasive in his delivery, but it comes from a place of respect for the game that has been forged in circumstances that many know as a rags to riches sort of story of success built on an unquestionable and unrivaled love for the game.

You could do a lot worse than to learn a thing or two from the likes of Don Cherry.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Mr.Hyde wrote:
    Really surprised by the initiating venom of the thread.

I\'ve played football (Soccer)...
    well said... Brian Williams!
    + 1
    2013 Champion!

7 team Keeper League (FWD/D) : G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, 2GWG
    *keep 9* (Goal) : 3W,-1L,-.5GA,.2SA,.3SV,
    5SHO

C - Crosby, Giroux, Benn
    F - Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, M. Koivu, E. Kane, Ribiero, Pacioretty, Kesler, Morrow, Kadri
    D - Letang, Yandle, Subban, Carlson, Visnovski, Goligoski,
    G - Rask, Luongo

Dobber Sports Recruit

I google Don Cherry is a piece of shit and it brought me to this forum, I decided to join because of this topic.

I am Canadian, I can\'t stand Don Cherry, atleast AO looks like he\'s actually enjoying playing this game, yes it\'s a business but at the root of it, it\'s a game. Crybaby Crosby looks like it\'s a chore to go out there, he doesn\'t look like he\'s having fun at all, and AO doesn\'t just celebrate when he scores, but when his teammates score too. If the Caps are losing he doesn\'t go crazy so it\'s not like he\'s always doing it.

God I can\'t stand listening to that blow hard every Saturday, oh wait I don\'t, I watch the scenery channel when he\'s on.

Banned

here here Mr. Hyde, a well written response to this thread indeed...I dont enjoy Don half as much as I used to, but theres a certain perverted pleasure to be had listening to him rant about lazy euros or what have you...what I\'ve always found is that while he IS an old prejudiced bigot, theres almost always at least a grain of truth to what he says and if you love hockey you know its true.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I am too lazy to read through this thread... but I don\'t get the surprise every Saturday.

Facts:

a) Don is opinionated
    b) Don is out of touch with a lot of the current social times
    c) Don is passionate and vocal
    d) Don is not very logical and does not think things through
    e) He is and enjoys being controversial

Until he dies/retires, people will always love/hate him. I am just surprised with regards to the continual shock he creates, you would think after countless years that people would be a bit more desensitized to his antics and/or ideas.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Banned

I google Don Cherry is a piece of shit and it brought me to this forum, I decided to join because of this topic

Welcome to the forums!
    I am honoured you joined because of me B) And I will fully take the credit lol

Dobber Sports Sophomore

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    here here Mr. Hyde, a well written response to this thread indeed...I dont enjoy Don half as much as I used to, but theres a certain perverted pleasure to be had listening to him rant about lazy euros or what have you...what I\'ve always found is that while he IS an old prejudiced bigot, theres almost always at least a grain of truth to what he says and if you love hockey you know its true.
    Thank you, mister_mcgoo.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Next week on Coaches Corner............

Ron McLean: So what do you have for us this week Grapes?

Don Cherry: I just wanted to take a minute and let the world know that I hate all Dutch people.

RM: Interesting.......the Dutch aren\'t even a recognized hockey nation.......where are you going with this Grapes?

DC: Mainly, it\'s because I can\'t stand the Red Light District in Amsterdam

RM: Why

DC: Because legend has it they named the Red Light District after Red Light Racicot

RM: I doubt Racicot has anything to do with the name of the Red Ligh.............

DC: SHUT UP RON, I KNOW MY GEOGRAPHY!!!!! AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, I KNOW DUTCH HISTORY!!!!!!

RM: I was just saying there is no relationship between Red Light Racicot and the Red Light Dist............

DC: THE DAMN DUTCH AND THEIR VISORS!!!!!.....

RM: OK, Let\'s back it up, so let\'s say hypothetically the Red Light District is named after Red Light RAcicot

DC: The Red Light District is named after that French siv. And leave it to the damn Dutch to name a district after some French guy who wore a visor

RM: Racicot was a goalie.....he wore a mask to protect.....

DC: I KNOW HE WAS A GOALIE, BUT THAT DOESN\'T MEAN HE HAD TO WEAR A DAMN VISOR..............DAMN DUTCH-FRENCHMAN. Let me tell you something at home kids, if you\'re French or if you\'re Dutch, don\'t play hockey...........unless by some fluke your last name is Gilmour..........or Pronger.

RM: Is that 7 second delay still in effect?????

DC: What are you afraid of Ron, that I\'m gonna light a big fattie up on National television like that RAcicot character living in the Red Light District

RM: *Sigh......

***New HNIC theme music chimes in.....followed by Doug Gilmour Chunky Soup Commercial

Long live the Don, thank you CBC.

Dobber Sports Stud

Don Cherry is racist against Dutch people.

Dutch is racist against Green people.
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)