Thread: *OPINION* Derek Roy for O\'Sullivan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default *OPINION* Derek Roy for O\'Sullivan

hi guys..keeper league here..have a deal on the table that would see me trading roy for o\'sullivan, top 4 1st rounder in this junes draft, and a top 10 1st rounder in 2010.
    i\'m leaning towards doing the deal for a few reasons.
    we have an $80 salary cap, and though i have a very cheap roster o\'sullivan is $1.70 cheaper next season.
    the draft picks would obviously be nice.
    i have a strong belief that o\'sullivan can hit 70+ next season where as roy pretty much plateau\'s at 80.

what are your thoughts??

Dobber Sports Rookie

In a keeper league, even without the draft picks I would consider a straight up O\'Sullivan/Roy swap. I can\'t see Roy improving too much more in Buffalo while O\'Sullivan has a much higher ceiling in my opinion. With the draft picks thrown in and the extra cap space you will get from the deal, I would jump on it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I say do it! I agree with everything said in the previous post.

I think Roy is what you see. (not that its bad thats for sure)

But I think O\'Sullivan has the chance to be even better. Plus you get the drat picks. Dpending who you are dealing with and what they know you may get more inthis deal. Its a good time to be trading for O\'Sullivan.

BTW - Next year is the infamous year 4 for O\'Sullivan!!!!
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Sophomore

wow...im not as convinced as these other guys that Osully will even become the player Roy is, even if Roy isnt going to improve anymore.

but if u have a younger team, you will prolly only lose (at most) 10-15 points between them for the next 3 years, and then i think their points would be equal. And if your team is young then the picks make it a pretty good offer.

i have both on my team, and tho i like Osullys game, even playin with top end talent like Kopitar and Frolov, his numbers still havent impressed all that much IMO

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree with johnondobber. I\'m not as sold as these guys...O Sully is on a team that treats him extremely kindly already and he hasn\'t been making the most of it. Frolov is a free agent in 2 years which could mean nothing in the way of O Sully (although he hasn\'t really been that much in the way this year).

I have seen O Sully play quite a bit and see the flashes of brilliance but I still think he\'ll never be the impact player Roy is.

I would still do the deal though because of the 2 sets of picks.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Stud

You lose 10-15 points at most, get 2 draft picks, save $1.70...

Go shopping for your 10-15 points with your $1.70. 10-15 grinders at $0.01 might get you your lost point back .