Thread: Flyers goalies 2/24 and 2/25

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Flyers goalies 2/24 and 2/25

Philadelphia has announced its starting goalies for tonight and tomorrow night.

Niittymaki 2/24 @ Washington
    Biron 2/25 vs. Los Angeles

Last time Niitty played Washington (at home), he stopped about 500 shots in the first period, kept his team in the game, and eventually went on to win 7-1. He basically stole the game. This will be his first game back from the flu though, and it\'s on the road instead of at home. Ovechkin has 0 pts in 2 games thus far against Philly, so I\'m guessing an onslaught might be in the works.

Biron has been sloppy sloppy sloppy as of late. That brutal play in the final 3 mins against Pittsburgh was such an emotional letdown. He\'ll be looking to prove himself against LA, but I\'m not confident. I\'ve got a bet riding on the game with a local Kings fan and I\'m not so sure I\'ve got the edge.

If you own either goalie, I think Biron should be benched if you have a replacement for him, and Niittymaki will be a coin toss. I\'m going to start him, but I know he could get lit up too.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Wizard

I\'m starting Nitty tonight but I can\'t really lose. If he wins I get his points. If a blowout I have Semin, Backstrom and Mike Green for the Caps.

I\'m hoping Nitty takes over for the stretch to help bolster my team. With that and Marty back I should have some strong goalies for the playoffs (with Nabby & MAF).
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Star

I still feel like Biron will be the man going down the stretch. Apart from his letdown against Pittsburgh, he has actually been pretty good in net recently. Or at least his stats seem to show that ... I haven\'t seen any Flyers games.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Wizard

natgeo wrote:
    I still feel like Biron will be the man going down the stretch. Apart from his letdown against Pittsburgh, he has actually been pretty good in net recently. Or at least his stats seem to show that ... I haven\'t seen any Flyers games.
    You are probably right but a fantasy owner can dream...
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Sage

The difference between Biron and Niittymaki is that if you watch Biron in goal, your heart pressure goes up significantly, whereas if you watch Niittymaki, you feel much more calm. For that reason alone, I\'d trade Biron. Philly would never in a million years trade Biron heading into this year\'s playoffs though after what Marty did last postseason.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Eh, if you look at the breakdown, Biron plays much better statistically than Nitty against playoff teams, but Nitty DESTROYS Biron against crap teams.

Not sure what that means, except when push comes to shove, and the pressure is on Biron is usually better. Don\'t know why he struggles against bad teams.
    C: E. Staal/Pavelski/Eller/Zonopka
    LW: Kovalchuk/Ryan/Smyth/Whitney//Brunette
    RW: St. Louis//Little/Ju. Williams
    D: Gonchar/Keith/Jova/Foster/Babchuk
    G: Ward/Lehtonen/Hedberg/Poulin
    Prospects: Bowman, Leland Irving, Desjardins, McNeil
    G/A/PPP/PIM/+/-/SHP - W/Saves/SV%/GAA