Thread: Is it time to move Kipper?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Is it time to move Kipper?

He\'s not getting any younger is he. He\'s my highest point producer but most of my team is in their mid twenties and doing well. Trading him will take me out of money this year. My back-ups are Khabi and Huet. What do I do???

The Magnificent One

hey welcome to the forums.. wanna post the rest of your team to see if you can use an upgrade elsewhere. also your stats.. more info will help us judge the situation better..

but bottom line if your in the race for the money this yr dont trade him. and dont worry he is still young enough to give you atleast another 6 great seasons..
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Sage

Not sure if he can give you 6 more great seasons but I agree to not deal him. Don\'t do anything to take yourself out of the money. You should be doing the opposite and trying to improve your team for this season.

Dobber Sports Master

Kipper is still an elite goalie and should not be traded if your in the money unless you can move him for another elite goalie without giving up much. Your goal is to win championships and if that is not possible win some money this season and in the offseason make some trades for next season.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Don\'t deal him. While he is in his thirties, goalies have proven that they can be effective virtually as long as they stay dedicated and fit.

Kipper is sure to be a work horse in Calgary for some years to come. If you are thinking about trading him, at least wait until the end of the season. He can help you grab some money this year, and will still be considered a top 3 goaltender for next season. So trade him this offseason if you really want to move him, because his value should neve be higher as he approaches the Wins record. (I am not saying he will break it this season, but he has a shot)

Cheers
    Zach Parise is my hero

-West Coast!!

Champ!

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with all of the above. Whilst he doesn\'t have the best SV% or GAA compared to some he will get you plenty of wins.

As long as you have decent cover at the beggining of the season, he always starts slow, you will be pleased at the end of the season.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench