Thread: The Eastern Conference

I...am your father.

Default The Eastern Conference

Who is gonna get in this year - and why?

Heading into Friday:

Team.............GP W L OT PTS LAST 10 STREAK
    6. Tampa Bay.....71 39 28 4 82 5-4-1 1L
    7. NY Islanders..70 34 26 10 78 5-3-2 2L
    8. Carolina......72 35 29 8 78 5-4-1 1L
    9. Toronto.......70 34 27 9 77 5-4-1 2W
    10. NY Rangers...70 34 28 8 76 5-2-3 1L
    11. Montreal.....71 35 30 6 76 5-5-0 2W
    12. Boston.......70 34 31 5 73 4-5-1 2W
    13. Florida......71 29 29 13 71 6-3-1 2L

I think TB is safe, and so are the NYI. Carolina is in a lot of trouble, but they have an easy schedule. The Rangers and Panthers are the hottest teams on this list.

Any thoughts?

Post edited by: Dobber, at: 2007/03/16 16:57
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:The Eastern Conference

I think it\'s going to end up the way it is now with T-bay, Isles and Canes getting 6-7-8 spots not in that particular order though. Leafs, Habs, Rangers are just too inconsistent of late and the Panthers, Eddie\'s started something like 22 in a row now, and he\'s got to be getting tired(like last nite) so I don\'t think Fla has the kick to get there. Isles could be iffy if Rick D is out for any extended period of time. As for the Rangers, I don\'t know...Jags doesn\'t seem to be taking over games for them . I think he\'s hurt more than we know. Somehow the Leafs just seem to self destruct lately, but getting Kaberle back would help greatly, but I still think the Canes will sneak in. Can you imagine, both cup finalists miss the playoffs the following year!!!! I may be wrong but I don\'t think it\'s ever happened has it??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think the Islanders are safe as long as Dipietro gets back in goal for them. Their offence has rounded out nicely with contributions from multiple lines, and of course the arrival of Smyth.

TB isn\'t going anywhere... they\'ll fight with Atlanta for 3rd and 6th.

I don\'t know why, but Carolina just doesn\'t make me believe in them. Florida looks great and will probably make a nice push, but they\'re just too far back. I think they\'ll end up just on the outside, within a point or so of Carolina and Toronto. At this time, I think the Rangers have the best shot at taking 8th spot due to Lundqvist\'s resurgence.

Regardless, it should be pretty exciting to watch it all unfold, as these teams have a lot of games against each other down the stretch.

Post edited by: Guy Incognito, at: 2007/03/16 17:22

Dobber Sports Prodigy

dynamo45 wrote:
    Can you imagine, both cup finalists miss the playoffs the following year!!!! I may be wrong but I don\'t think it\'s ever happened has it??
    Nope, it would be the first time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Chalk up one for me next to the Rangers.

The \"king\" is starting to play better and the team is showing signs of life. However, I secretly wish they\'d pack it in and let Callahan play on a scoring line so we could have a little sneak a peek for next year.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Leafs/Habs/rangers...all lose tonite, mind you Rangers got 1 point, so all that bodes well for Carolina as they all had a game in hand over the Canes, and Canes have the easier schedule I think....

I...am your father.

Loki wrote:
    However, I secretly wish they\'d pack it in and let Callahan play on a scoring line so we could have a little sneak a peek for next year.
    If we had a sneak peek...then there would go our edge for next year!

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Might be too late...Callahan just got his first goal and the Ranger Announcers are \"pimping\" him pretty hard.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Stud

henrik lundqvist has a GAA of 1.71 over this recent run by the rangers... don\'t believe me ?
    check out the www.hockeyrodent.com for outstanding rangers coverage.

FYI dobber I pimped your site over at the furry ones message boards.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

I...am your father.

Let the \"rodent\" know that Strudwick DID have to pass through waivers. Strudwick was actually signed on Sunday morning and had to sit on waivers until noon Monday.
    I just noticed that at the top of his story he was saying that he didn\'t know why Strudwick did not have to clear.