See these are interesting names you bring up and I\'m glad you did. Whats the most intriguing to me is how quickly people forget the ups and downs of a goaltender\'s career.

Right after the new rules changes happened, including the restriction of puck handling and goalie pad size, Martin Brodeur started off the season on a brutal stretch of games. People were all over him about how he was washed up and his time had come. I believe it was the 05-06 season and he didn\'t have a single shutout until the New Year. Either way, that same year he rattled off 11 straight wins just prior to the playoffs and everyone shutup about him.

Lundqvist has really had his times of struggling even this year alone, so he\'s a name I\'m surprised you\'d bring up, though I do think he is extremely talented.

Tim Thomas - love the guy but post lockout the guy had a season where he only posted more then 2 wins together once in the entire year. He is playing very well this year on an excellent team, but in a keeper league are you saying you\'d even have to think about taking Tim Thomas over Roberto Luongo?

2005-2006 was a bad year for most goalies actually. Just look at Nabokov\'s season - .310GAA and .885 Save % - yikes! Not to mention an 11 game losing streak right at the start of the year.

Backstrom is an interesting case though, and someone I\'d like to study more. I think he\'s a guy that gets lost in the shuffle a lot more then some of these guys and probably deserves more hype then he gets.

At the end of the day though goalies go through ups and downs. Luongo\'s ups - as we have seen from this season - are almost of record breaking proportions, and that\'s what gets us fantasy hockey owners so excited.