Thread: Feds

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Feds

Anybody in a Yahoo league going to pick up Federov and stash him on the bench with the expectation they change his status to a D-man? D-men are pretty sparce in my league and I think he might make a good addition in that position. The problem is that Yahoo is so frigging slow at changing the status of players, Im not sure it would be worth it. Has anybody else already pulled the trigger on this move?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Feds

It\'s been the talk of my league already about what we would do if he was listed as a d man instead of or in addition to offence. Baseball pools do this all the time, guys can be 1st, 3rd and OF and those guys are bumped up at least 10% in value just for that flexibility. I would pick him up just in case and drop your worst forward. What do you have to lose?

I...am your father.

I\'ll be doing it in the expert league. I should have done it this past week...but I did a cardinal sin - I forgot the waiver deadline. I was so busy it came and went, even though I have an empty spot on my bench (from throwing Ian White in that DiPietro for Gaborik deal I did last week). I was asleep at the wheel and it cost me a free player.

Oh well, I\'m closing the gap on second place now with those deals...so maybe I\'ll still win.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

I remember a couple years back (5 or so), fedorov had eligibility at C, LW, RW, and D in Yahoo! It was crazy.

I think since that happened, Yahoo! has decided to wait much longer before adding positions to players. They want to make absolutely sure first.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Prodigy

lanky522 wrote:
    I remember a couple years back (5 or so), fedorov had eligibility at C, LW, RW, and D in Yahoo! It was crazy.

I think since that happened, Yahoo! has decided to wait much longer before adding positions to players. They want to make absolutely sure first.
    That\'s true for the most part, but they did give Malkin his LW status after about 1 week on Crosby\'s wing back in Oct/Nov.

I\'ve been emailing them from time to time about position changes, but all they ever do is send me copied text from their help pages about how they confirm their positions with outside sources and so on. Very seldom do they make changes now, it seems.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah...they post some BS about how yahoo waits until the actual team changes the position of the player.

It sucks...I was short a LW for the first 2-3 weeks of the season until they gave Malkin and Parise LW eligibility...
    Y! H2H-12 Team; 6th yr - keep 14 for 12-13 season. (*kept from last year)

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,SOG,SH%, HITS
    W,GA,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO

3C- *Stamkos, *Tavares, *Ribiero, Little (+RW), Brassard, Roy
    3LW- *Ovechkin, *Lupul (+RW), Jokinen (+C), McDonald (+C)
    3RW- *Kessel, *Semin (+LW), *Skinner (+C), *Voracek, Purcell
    4D- *Phanuef, *Green, Carle, Wisniewski, Ellis
    4Util
    2G- *Luongo, *Halak, *Holtby, Lindback
    IR - None (yet)