Thread: Caputi gets the call!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Caputi gets the call!

Sure, he\'ll probably be buried in a checking role, but at least he gets a taste of the show. He\'s apparently got a serious work ethic, so a taste will be good for him!

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?se...ticleid=407442

Dobber Sports Padawan

It would be nice to see Pesonen get another shot at some point. And on a decent line this time.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Ace

lol...I was wonderin why guys in my league were inquiring..hopefully he lucks out with Malkin or Sid.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

It took two months for Caputi to figure out the AHL. Through 12 December games he had 13 points (5+8) and then 14 points (4+10) in 13 January games. This is, as mentioned, probably just a taste to tell him where he needs to get, but it\'ll still be fun to see how he does, regardless of what role he gets.
    GO WINGS!

I...am your father.

Why do I have a strong feeling that Therrien will play him with Cooke and Talbot or some nonsense like that?

Pesonen has been handled badly.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dobber wrote:
    Why do I have a strong feeling that Therrien will play him with Cooke and Talbot or some nonsense like that?

Pesonen has been handled badly.
    Hey Dobber! Do you know what they call getting three full shifts in a game on the HFboards Penguins board? A Pesonen hattrick!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Luca Caputi will be skating tonight on a line with...wait for it...Eric Godard and Billy Thomas.

Not really a big suprise here. Not sure it\'s a horrible thing, they\'re just doing what they did with Goligoski last year, which is a small taste of the league in a structured role. They want to be patient with him, he still needs to put on some more muscle and they don\'t want too much pressure on him just yet.

That being said, if we are out of the playoff picture past the deadline, he could see some time in late march/april to prepare him for a possible opportunity next season.

Dobber mentioned Pesonen. From what I\'ve read around here, the front office and coaching staff doesn\'t feel that he has NHL speed right now. Seems like he\'s adjusting to the NA game based on his AHL success so far, but nobody around here seems to be in a hurry to let him show off any of his skills. Not a good sign for him. On a team so weak on the wing, for him to never get a look in the top 6 says a lot.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

First game, first goal. Anybody see it? I just noticed it on the Yahoo! scores page.

Dobber Sports Initiate

here\'s the goal

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2008020753

(click the link under scoring summary.. it says \"watch\&quot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

hahaha not quite as pretty as Leino\'s. Gutsy effort though on his first NHL shift.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

His NHL debut jitters are quite noticeable but all things considered, he\'s holding his own out there so far. With how jumpy he\'s seemed so far, it\'ll be interesting to see him play when he settles down a bit. I really like how he works the cycle and goes to the net. Good debut, regardless of if he goes back down to WB/S tomorrow.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sounds like Caputi will be in the lineup again tonight, perhaps at the expense of Minard as Kennedy returns from his 1 game suspension.

I read something today that suggests that Caputi could stick around for another week until Fedotenko returns from his wrist injury. The NHL games (and practices) could be great experience for the young player, but he\'ll be back in the AHL at some point for the Baby Pens playoff run, I would imagine.