Thread: Richards for Dastyuk

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Richards for Dastyuk

Hey im in a keeper pool and im only allowed to keep 2 of my top 3 picks, and im opting to keep mike green and lundqvist, so i will be losing dastyuk in the offseason. Another club offered me mike richards for datsyuk straight up, in my league the both have almost the same amount of points richards (200) and datsyuk (218). Also he would be allowed to keep datsyuk and i could keep mike richards.

Would you pull the trigger?
    12 team head to head roto

Categories: Players - G,A,PPP,SHP,FW,HITS,BLOCKS
    Goalies - W,S/O,SV,GAA

C (2) - Toews/Kuznetsov
    LW (2) - Benn/Schwartz
    RW (2) - Mackinnon/Voracek
    D (4) - Vlasic/Josi/Hamilton/Klingberg
    G (2) - Mrazek/Allen
    Bench (2) - Kucherov/Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Newbie

Why not ask a little compensation like a d-men or draft pick for Datsyuk (Richards + ...)?

Dobber Sports Novice

I\'d try to get a little more than Richards. Richards is one of my favourite players currently in the NHL, but Datsyuk will put up a lot more points than Richards.

Datsyuk got 97 points last season and was of course on the best team in the NHL. He\'ll probably get close to that again this season. Richards got 75 points last season and will probably get around 80 or maybe a little more this season. If you could get Richards + somebody else that would be better.
    18 team full keeper
    H2H Points - 5G, 4A, 0.25 PIM, 10W, 10SO + other misc categories

C - Tavares, Skinner, Jokinen, Sobotka
    LW - Versteeg, Wheeler, Tanguay, Tlusty
    RW - Eberle, Stafford, Clutterbuck, Halischuk
    D - Yandle, Campbell, Martin, Schenn, White, Harrison
    G - Luongo, Fleury

Reserve - Tedenby, Spaling, Chimera, Gerbe, Hamilton, Markov, D. Savard, Butler
    Minors - Toffoli, Hishon, Grimaldi, Geoffrion, Ferraro, Jensen, Mursak, Terry, Silfverberg, C. Gibson, Tokarski

Dobber Sports Sage

Richards is a solid player and all, but he probably has an 80-85 point ceiling, whereas Datsyuk can hit 100.

Now, Richards is known to be a guy who can do it all and get you SHP, GWG, etc etc etc, so first thought you might think well 75 pts from Richards helps me in a ton of other categories. The thing is though, Datsyuk is always penalty killing and getting tons of mins too, so you almost have to throw that argument out and compare the pts.

I would ask for a little more or open up talks with a different GM about a better player.
    @tlucarelli on twitter